Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

BJ Penn To Fight The Winner Of GSP vs. Jon Fitch

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,072-1,101
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by RMFG_187

GSP has better Standup, Wrestling, and IMO, we will see that he has better JJ. maybe not the flexibility that BJ has, but im predicting Round 3 sub. and I'll bet GSP lands more jabs.

wrestling yes ... stand up questionable ... power chin and jj goes to bj ... u can give gsp conditioning and more diverse striking ... but yea good fight bj takes it tho

Post #31   7/3/08 12:11:39AM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

stand up questionable

Not really imo. GSP's striking is vastly overrated imho and if he just didn't beat Sean by stand up I would say BJ's stand up was greatly underrated.I think GSP has the reach but the best stand up fighter he's faced imo is Penn. GSP uses his kicks as BJ scarcely uses kicks but a non gassed BJ I think clearly has better stand up than GSP and that was shown in the first round of their fight. If the fight stays on the feet and BJ doesn't gas BJ will win just about every time.

BJ's gas tank seems to be taken care of but I'm not sold yet as he really hasn't been pushed like GSP is going to push him so I really don't know what to think of it. More than Likely I would go with Penn.

But sorry dude Penn's striking imo is def. better than GSP's. just my opinion though.

Post #32   7/3/08 12:26:17AM   

StriderXero

Standup Guy

StriderXero Avatar

Career:88-80
Chips:
If Penn can keep this a stand up battle, I think he'll have the edge on GSP. In their last fight, GSP outscored BJ cus of the takedowns. I think if BJ wins the first three rounds in convincing fashio, he'll take the fight. I think it'll all depend if BJ has good enough cardio, and if GSP can take him down.

Very Tough fight for me to call.

Post #33   7/3/08 1:59:28AM   

MoneyMatt420

Learning to Sprawl

Career:1,064-745
Chips:
jon will be a tougher fight for bj cuz jon is bigger a stronger but bj got the better bjj and prolly better hands. u all keep talkin gsp win via gnp and then say gsp will stuff all jons shots what makes u think the better and stronger wrestler will get taken down and not submitted but gnp? jon is a smart fighter and i think gsp lacks heart jon would never lose to serra like that. i predict jon GNP or tapout over gsp 4th rd$$$$$$$$

Post #34   7/3/08 3:47:53AM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
That jiu jitsu match is soooo old look at his leg. no tattoo. that video is ATLEAST 3 years old. with that being said Bj does have better jiu jitsu...way better jiu jitsu actually

wrestling gotto give it to st.pierre and I think he will be able to take Bj done not at will or evry attempt but he will be able to take bj down throughout the fight and impose a little damage

standup im not sure I know everyone will revert back to the first matchup but if bj penn can keep his thumb inside (if you know what i mean) who knows how the stand up goes

Im not really sure how it ends i know gsp wont submit him and it would be very difficult for him to knock bj out he might be able to overwhelm him with strikes on the ground though

Bj is one of the most talented fighters but I'm beginning to lose respect for him because he fights so dirty eye gouged both st. pierre and hughes, low blowed pulver when pulver add him hurt and held on to jens' neck for a little extra

Post #35   7/3/08 3:53:51AM   

MoneyMatt420

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
and since everyone thinks it gonna be bj and gsp, BJ will destroy gsp. In my eyes bj won their last fight if anything gsp won from the takedowns but he never did anything with them plus bj didnt have the gas then. Gsp has improved but he was beat by bj with the standup last time and bj fixed hes gasin problem plus has outstanding takedown defense and even better bjj

Post #36   7/3/08 4:00:48AM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Awesome....and I thought I was gonna get Rick Rolled

hhahaha.. rick rolled

Post #37   7/3/08 7:56:46AM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Career:383-265
Chips:
This is the worst idea in the history of the UFC, I will not watch this just to protest, let BJ defend is own darn belt, if he moves up they should make him forfeit the lightweight belt so we can still have title fights.

Post #38   7/3/08 11:57:44AM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
Moneymatt. Fitch stonger and bigger than GSP? I think its the opposite. and as for the serra fight it doesnt matter how much heart you have when you are blasted with shot after shot. if anyone lands a clean shot in the right place they knock 99% of the people out. With that kind of logic your saying that fitch would never lose a fight by ko/tko to a powerful striker like serra because he has heart. I dont think so. Whether it was serra or not anyone can get caught. I think fitch is a great fighter but GSP is better at all aspects.
GSP by whatever the hell he wants.

Post #39   7/3/08 12:12:32PM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Career:189-106
Chips:
My god, how many ppl do I have to point this out to, Serra is a powerful on what planet?

The man has 1 ******* KO/TKO EVER! Eeeeever.

I suppose since Shinya Aoki has 1 TKO that makes him a powerful puncher too.

Post #40   7/3/08 1:03:04PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Figsak

My god, how many ppl do I have to point this out to, Serra is a powerful on what planet?

The man has 1 ******* KO/TKO EVER! Eeeeever.

I suppose since Shinya Aoki has 1 TKO that makes him a powerful puncher too.

The pants make him powerful at everything...thus is the word of the Church of Aoki

Post #41   7/3/08 1:04:51PM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Chips:
Preaching to the choir my friend.

I'm a fellow member myself. Lets say me and you go door to door making ppl get up from the dinner table to spread the good word.

If we can't convince them, we can play good cop / set their house on fire cop.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #42   7/3/08 1:18:00PM   

dustyp

Learning to Sprawl

Career:769-501
Camp: Never Tap
Chips:

Posted by teddythetuna

Moneymatt. Fitch stonger and bigger than GSP? I think its the opposite. and as for the serra fight it doesnt matter how much heart you have when you are blasted with shot after shot. if anyone lands a clean shot in the right place they knock 99% of the people out. With that kind of logic your saying that fitch would never lose a fight by ko/tko to a powerful striker like serra because he has heart. I dont think so. Whether it was serra or not anyone can get caught. I think fitch is a great fighter but GSP is better at all aspects.
GSP by whatever the hell he wants.

I am sorry to tell you that your wrong Fitch is the bigger fighter. And as far as the Matt serra fight GSP is the only guy Serra had ever knocked out he is by no means a POWERFUL STRIKER as you put it plus the guy is olny 5'6 and should be fighting at 155 but yet he knocked gsp into next week . So I would call that lack of heart or lack of chin it. If you think that the heart of a fighter has no meaning then you must not of ever heard of the term the heart of a champion. Heart gives you what your body and mind cant. Ask any fighter it is the ones with the heart and the skill that will go farther than the guy that just depended on his skills as a fighter.Karo for exp. all the skills in the world but he has lacked the heart and that is why i think he will never be a UFC champ

Post #43   7/3/08 3:39:11PM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Chips:
ALright bro. And if a 5th grader walked up to you, and hit you right on your button, and K'd you TFO, would you spend the next week talking about how he has "the heart of a warrior" and so forth?

Anybody can knock out anybody. When Serra starts dropping guys on a regular basis you can call him a "powerful striker" till then it's just a massive exaggeration.

Post #44   7/3/08 9:04:52PM   

MoneyMatt420

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
Tuna Ted.
My buddy sumed it up perfectly but since u called me out i feel inclined to response. gsp proved lack of heart, it wasnt one clean knockout blow, serra has NEVER ko'ed sum1 in that manner, sorry! ONLY Gsp!! he had time to recover or at least should of made time in between all those non powerful non ko punches. HE DIDNT!!! And i said fitch would never lose to serra in that fashion nor lose to him ........... Fitch is taller and coming from a wrestling background i would guess is stronger also. gsp's lack of heart is why jon will win by GNP or KO. u cant say gsp hasnt never been ko'ed before. LOL

Post #45   7/4/08 4:47:37AM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4