Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

"Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Thomson" official salaries: headliners share $85,000

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,792-1,044
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Josh Thomson upset Gilbert Melendez for the Strikeforce world lightweight title at this past Friday's "Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Thomson" event, but Thomson couldn't edge the former title-holder when it came to his payday.

Thomson earned a reported base salary of $35,000 ($15,000 of which was a win bonus) for the event; Melendez earned an event-high $50,000.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today acquired the list of salaries from Bill Douglas of the California State Athletic Commission.

LINK

Post #1   7/2/08 1:53:44PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Career:376-170
Chips:
I don't know why it is, but I just never understood why one guy who loses, sometimes gets paid more than the guy who wins. That's like telling the loser it's okay to lose, because your still going to get paid a lot more than your opponent. Gilbert might've been paid $75,000 had he won. That seems unfair. I don't care if Gilbert gets paid $50,000 (even though he didn't earn it), because he's a fighter and needs to be paid. Still they should've paid Thomson more.

Post #2   7/4/08 2:04:55PM