Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jesse Taylor vs. C.B. Dollaway at UFC Fight Night 14

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,462-806
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think CB will pull this one out. A lot of people knock CB but he isn't half as bad as JT is.

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #16   7/2/08 2:07:07AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-506
Chips:
I can't believe people can hate CB so much for being kind of cocky and not mind Jesse at the same time.

This dude shouldn't be fighting, not this soon anyway. He basically didn't get punished at all. Kind of lame. I don't really care too much for either of these fighters personally, but I'm hoping CB wins. I'm guessing that CB is going to try to keep it standing since he has noticeably better standup and comparable wrestling. Jesse looks a little bit stronger, he probably won't want to take the chance wrestling with him.

Post #17   7/2/08 2:36:02AM   

finnish_line

Belt Contender

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

I guess Jesse is "there mentally" now.

Post #18   7/2/08 9:04:08AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Chips:

Posted by Aether

This dude shouldn't be fighting, not this soon anyway. He basically didn't get punished at all.

Seriously? Losing an opportunity to ink a 6-figure contract with the largest and best MMA promotion in the world isn't a punishment? He'll get what, maybe $10k for this fight IF he wins?

I'd say the humiliation combined with the fact that he's not guaranteed a job/income is a pretty damn harsh penalty.

Give the guy a break and a chance at redemption.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Post #19   7/2/08 9:29:28AM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
"It was kind of a weird reaction having it stopped like that. I obviously did tap the one time; the reaction was more saying to myself ‘Damn it,'" said Dollaway. "Also, I didn't know the rule of the single tap. I did make the tapping motion so the fight should have been stopped. I was just mad at myself."

"They kind of portrayed me as a little cocky and as an asshole. Anyone who knows me knows that's not how I am," said Dollaway. "They got to make people into characters and unfortunately that was the way they made me out to be. That's something you read in the contract when you sign up for the show, that they can turn you into anything they want to. The trade-off was worth it because I got the recognition for my fighting skills."

Link

People.....please stop being ridiculous. Im not trying to be negative but come on. You guys are making out CB to be a guy who eats babies and kills kittens. He has explained pretty much everything about why people "hate" him.

Choose to be informed or be ignorant but I think its pretty clear that he's not what the show portrayed him as but really I want to get across that you actually read what he has to say before you crap on him.

Post #20   7/2/08 10:00:36AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
WAR JT

So happy they have made this, i knew CB would fight on it but didnt think they would bring JT back this quick, but really think its a smart move but i do await the critism of dana, is there much difference in a month? i spose fighting in the UFC is different to him being their "ultimate fighter"

Post #21   7/2/08 10:20:22AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

WAR JT

So happy they have made this, i knew CB would fight on it but didnt think they would bring JT back this quick, but really think its a smart move but i do await the critism of dana, is there much difference in a month? i spose fighting in the UFC is different to him being their "ultimate fighter"

Roughly 3 months. The show was done taping about 2 months prior to the finale, I believe.

I think they wanted to bring him back before people forgot who he is/was.

Post #22   7/2/08 10:31:13AM   

HLONWLS

Learning to Sprawl

HLONWLS Avatar

Career:122-88
Chips:
JT has retard strength on his side. I mean the guy is energizer bunny of mma. CB is by far the smarter fighter in and out of the ring(except def against arm bars). CB maybe full of himself, but I am going to pick him on this one. Largely in part because I am a huge car lover and to see JT abuse that limo like that just sickened me.

Post #23   7/2/08 4:27:57PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2