Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Forrest will control the clinch!

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,878-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by balack_o-bama

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Yeah, no offense but their is no way in hell I see this happening.

A. Rampage is a hell of a lot stronger.

B. Forrest is a good amateur style wrestler shooting double legs and singles but Rampage is more of a grecco roman guy with MMA. He loves the clinch.

If Matt Lindland couldn't even control Rampage from the clinch who is a olympic medalist in grecco roman and got slammed the shit out of him. How will Forrest do such a thing? Yeah Wandy's training with him but Wandy uses the Muay Thai clinch with the hands behind your head. If Forrest does that he'll either get KO'd by huge uppercuts or gets slammed immediately and GNPed out. Sorry man, I just can't see it happening.

A. I dont think he is that much stronger at all. Forrest is huge.

B. Im not talking wrestling. I think Forrest will go for/and get the Thai Clinch/plum when they become tangled up.

Lindland is a god damn bum and 20lbs lighter. Rampage is gonna have is hands full here. What has he done since he came to the UFC???? Beat eastman. whoa. Landed a right on Chuck. I'll give it to him, nice job. And then went 5 close rounds with a natural middleweight. (Hendo) I am not impressed.

And whoevers sayin sump'm bout muh record.... I be pickin all da fights on a card, ya dig? I dont be one of those Emelianenko Fedor types to be paddin muh record.

Lindland is not a god damn bum.

Post #16   7/2/08 7:46:18AM   

balack_o-bama

Banned

Career:76-65
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Tito out muscled Forrest and I'm pretty sure Rampage is stronger then Tito IMO.

Who are you and what amazing achievements have you accomplished to be able to call an Olympic level wrestler and an Oregon state politician a bum? Your contradicting yourself. You believe Forrest will control Rampage in the clinch like Wandy did but then discredit his win over Hendo because Hendo fights at both weightclasses(isn't natural in either because he's great at both) and Hendo even knocked Silva the fudge out. How does that make sense? Hendo's clinch is a lot more stronger then Wandy's Muay Thai clinch. Wandy's is just more deadlier with strikes and Forrest is no Wandy when it comes to striking power.

Forrest ain't even stronger then Hendo, maybe not even Lindland either. Who went through hell to put Rampage on his back. I just don't see it happening IMHO.

1. The Tito fight was a long time ago.
2. I just dont like the law. that stinky man. he said he dont shower for 2 weeks leading up to a fight just to stink the other guy out.
3.I think Forrest has the skill to quickly land a big knee to the body when Page locks up with him. Over time I see it being a big factor.
4. Im not saying hes gonna toss rampage around like a school girl, i just tihnk he'll be able to deal with him way better than people think.

Post #17   7/2/08 1:20:45PM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:

Posted by balack_o-bama

And then went 5 close rounds with a natural middleweight. (Hendo) I am not impressed.

This is just silly. Henderson is literally an Olympic-level Greco-Roman wrestler with a renowned right-hand hammer. He was the Pride 205 lb Champion and 183 lb Grand Prix Champion. And 7 months before the Rampage fight, he had knocked the crap out of Wanderlei Silva.

If Quinton's win over Hendo wasn't impressive, nothing is.

Post #18   7/2/08 1:46:22PM   

chris91301

MMA Regular

Career:15-6
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:
Rampage round 2 by TKO. most likely GNP after forest will try to clinch and get slammed down.

kind of like that rampage vs. igor vovchanko.

Post #19   7/2/08 2:11:52PM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Career:189-106
Chips:
Just because Griffin TRAINS with Wandy, doesn't mean he IS Wandy.

Wanderlei and Shogun were able to control Rampage in the clinch because they're world class Muay Thai guys. Their ability to grab a person by their head and bring up knees is not something ANYone can do, no matter how much you teach them.

Wandy and Shogun have something Griffin doesn't, dexterity. Their knees come up hard and fast, Griffin is a lumbering brawler who just doesn't HAVE the dexterity to bring his knees to the level of Wandy.

Post #20   7/2/08 3:53:44PM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Career:407-229
Chips:
No. Forrest will not control the clinch.

Post #21   7/2/08 4:06:17PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,888-1,075
Chips:
I agree that Forrest's size will be a factor. We haven't seen Rampage fight someone who's size could negate Rampage's normal strength advantage.

I completely disagree with your assertion that Forrest will control the clinch. When in Forrest's entire career has he shown a penchant for using the Thai Plum? Forrest training with Couture is more likely to produce a Greco/Dirty boxing style clinch. Rampage has shown tremendous skill in these situations, beating both The Law and Henderson. The Law's silver medal in the 2000 Olympics is the highest rank for any Greco Roman turned MMA fighter out there. Hendo is definitely not a huge LHW, but it's a lie to say that he is a natural MW. The cut is pretty hard for him, and I wouldn't argue with those who say that Hendo looks better fighting at 205 than 185. Also even though Hendo is smallish at LHW, he is very strong at that weight. Randy Couture called him the strongest fighter he's ever sparred with, and it was well known that out of Randy, the Law, and Hendo, that Hendo was the strongest.

Post #22   7/2/08 4:33:01PM   

allmotormark

MMA Regular

allmotormark Avatar

Career:1,035-549
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

I agree that Forrest's size will be a factor. We haven't seen Rampage fight someone who's size could negate Rampage's normal strength advantage.

I completely disagree with your assertion that Forrest will control the clinch. When in Forrest's entire career has he shown a penchant for using the Thai Plum? Forrest training with Couture is more likely to produce a Greco/Dirty boxing style clinch. Rampage has shown tremendous skill in these situations, beating both The Law and Henderson. The Law's silver medal in the 2000 Olympics is the highest rank for any Greco Roman turned MMA fighter out there. Hendo is definitely not a huge LHW, but it's a lie to say that he is a natural MW. The cut is pretty hard for him, and I wouldn't argue with those who say that Hendo looks better fighting at 205 than 185. Also even though Hendo is smallish at LHW, he is very strong at that weight. Randy Couture called him the strongest fighter he's ever sparred with, and it was well known that out of Randy, the Law, and Hendo, that Hendo was the strongest.

i agree 100% how many clinches has forrest gone for? really he is gonna stick and move he is gonna keep it on his feet, if there is a clinch he is gonna go for the take down right away. I would love to see forrest win , that would make the PPV all the more sweet

Post #23   7/2/08 11:55:06PM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Career:189-106
Chips:
Ya, stick and move in the best way a slow fighter can. I think he's counting too much on his ability to be elusive this fight. I think he's gonna stick, move, then get punished. I think this fight is gonna come down to who has the better chin (rampage), and who has the better cardio (Forrest).

Post #24   7/3/08 1:29:17PM   

balack_o-bama

Banned

Career:76-65
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

What has Lindland done in MMA to make him so special? He loses to every good fighter he fights basically. He beat a few ok guys(Lutter, Baroni, Militech, Horn.) Greco Roman tourneys are not mma. You lose a lot of technique when your getting punched in the face. Hes not that good in mma.

Henderson is a very good fighter. Rampage had a lot of trouble dealing with Henderson, and Page had a strength advantage. Something he will not have against Forrest.

Post #25   7/3/08 4:17:32PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,888-1,075
Chips:

Posted by balack_o-bama

Posted by ncordless

What has Lindland done in MMA to make him so special? He loses to every good fighter he fights basically. He beat a few ok guys(Lutter, Baroni, Militech, Horn.) Greco Roman tourneys are not mma. You lose a lot of technique when your getting punched in the face. Hes not that good in mma.

Henderson is a very good fighter. Rampage had a lot of trouble dealing with Henderson, and Page had a strength advantage. Something he will not have against Forrest.

And he beat Travis Fulton!!!

Post #26   7/3/08 4:43:55PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2