Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Forrest will control the clinch!

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

balack_o-bama

Banned

Career:76-65
Chips:
Just thought i'd add this little bit of info that i didnt read til a few days after I made this thread.

Griffin told the UFC's "Countdown to UFC 86" preview, airing on Spike this week, that he plans to use his height and reach advantages to tie Jackson up in the clinch and pound him with knees and elbows.
Link - http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=13545

A big part of Quintens game is the clinch. He uses it for takedowns as well as dirty boxing. However I believe Forrest will control this aspect of the fight. Forrest has been training with Wandy and of course Randy, two of the best "clinchers" in the game. Everytime Jackson tries to clinch he will be eating knees to the body. I think Griffin will also use the clinch as a big part of his offense. Im not saying its gonna be like Rampage vs Wandy 2, but Forrest will wear him down with knees to the body until he is able to deliver them to the head. Forrest by TKO rnd 4. You heard it here first.

Also noone knows what WILL happen until Saturday, so don't flame. Feel free to agree or disagree.

Last edited 7/5/08 2:17AM server time by balack_o-bama
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   7/1/08 2:33:26PM   

Mattchoo

MMA Regular

Mattchoo Avatar

Career:240-178
Chips:
With the size of Forrest I can see this one potentially playing out like that

But Forrest isnt exactly known as a powerful guy when it gets up close and personal like Rampage is, so if it was to happen I could see Forrest being thrown off or taken down just as easily.

Jacksons style will be a bit too much for Forrest in my eyes though, he is so technical now especially in striking just look at the rolling guard which he pulls off perfectly!! Brute strength and punching power will be the fall of Forrest on this one.

WAR RAMPAGE!

Post #2   7/1/08 2:47:00PM   

joshryanshepherd

BANNED

joshryanshepherd Avatar

Career:217-147
Chips:
when i first heard this fight was taking place my thoughts were that jackson was gonna get an easy win....but later on i started putting things into perspective and i do think griffin will win this fight, it really is untelling how long he will hold it but he will get the title.

Fox Hound- The Patriots of the Playground!

#1 in points-1st season
#1 in points- 2nd season
#1 in points- 3rd season
#1 in points- 4th season
#1 in points- 5th season

aswell as #1 in Wagers and the entire Secondary league...

Post #3   7/1/08 2:51:51PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
going by your 23-26 fight picks , you must be a mindreader . forest round 4 tko!!!

Post #4   7/1/08 3:05:25PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
I think this is the only thing forrest has going for him. Rampage isnt weak in the clinch though. Watch Randleman/Jackson. They exchanged knees for the majority of the fight til Jackson backed out and KO'd him. Also Henderson had no answers in the clinch imo.

Post #5   7/1/08 3:08:02PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

going by your 23-26 fight picks , you must be a mindreader . forest round 4 tko!!!

Ha, thats why I like this forum. You can talk all you want but we can see a person record to see credibility. The guy has five props already though so maybe he makes good posts, just not picks.

Rampage 2nd Round KO

Post #6   7/1/08 3:11:33PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
i think if forrest wants to get knocked out quick he clinches with rampage. forrests chance of winning is fighting the way he fought tito, pick him apart and defend the take down, it's just too bad rampage has better takedowns and standup than tito does. forrest will get his shots in but rampage will control the bout, round 3 ko.

Post #7   7/1/08 3:49:11PM   

billycarnage

In Full Mount

billycarnage Avatar

Career:300-165
Chips:
Maybe Forrest can't "bust a grape" with his jabs, but he's got heavy leg kicks and pretty allusive stand up. He won't get man handled in the clinch. I think we will see the best Forrest we have ever seen and I am looking forward to it.

However for playground sake...
Rampage 2nd round TKO

Post #8   7/1/08 4:03:26PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,655-1,453
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'm not too sure about this, I think Rampage might be too strong to be "controlled" by Forrest.

Post #9   7/1/08 4:33:31PM   

Kastro

Standup Guy

Kastro Avatar

Career:474-316
Camp: The Tactical Underground
Chips:

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

HAHAHA.. hilarious, that made my day..

But no honestly.. Rampage via Unanimous Decision..

Post #10   7/1/08 9:53:11PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
WAR JOE SILVA!!!!!!!!!!

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #11   7/1/08 9:57:13PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Yeah, no offense but their is no way in hell I see this happening.

A. Rampage is a hell of a lot stronger.

B. Forrest is a good amateur style wrestler shooting double legs and singles but Rampage is more of a grecco roman guy with MMA. He loves the clinch.

If Matt Lindland couldn't even control Rampage from the clinch who is a olympic medalist in grecco roman and got slammed the shit out of him. How will Forrest do such a thing? Yeah Wandy's training with him but Wandy uses the Muay Thai clinch with the hands behind your head. If Forrest does that he'll either get KO'd by huge uppercuts or gets slammed immediately and GNPed out. Sorry man, I just can't see it happening.

Post #12   7/1/08 10:40:13PM   

big_timmy

In Full Mount

big_timmy Avatar

Career:188-136
Chips:
Forrest wont want to try body strength with Rampage.

He will wanna fight like he did with Tito, but push a little more.

forrest by 3rnd tko

Post #13   7/1/08 10:41:53PM   

balack_o-bama

Banned

Career:76-65
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Yeah, no offense but their is no way in hell I see this happening.

A. Rampage is a hell of a lot stronger.

B. Forrest is a good amateur style wrestler shooting double legs and singles but Rampage is more of a grecco roman guy with MMA. He loves the clinch.

If Matt Lindland couldn't even control Rampage from the clinch who is a olympic medalist in grecco roman and got slammed the shit out of him. How will Forrest do such a thing? Yeah Wandy's training with him but Wandy uses the Muay Thai clinch with the hands behind your head. If Forrest does that he'll either get KO'd by huge uppercuts or gets slammed immediately and GNPed out. Sorry man, I just can't see it happening.

A. I dont think he is that much stronger at all. Forrest is huge.

B. Im not talking wrestling. I think Forrest will go for/and get the Thai Clinch/plum when they become tangled up.

Lindland is 20lbs lighter. Rampage is gonna have is hands full here. What has he done since he came to the UFC???? Beat eastman. whoa. Landed a right on Chuck. I'll give it to him, nice job. And then went 5 close rounds with a natural middleweight. (Hendo) I am not impressed.

Last edited 7/2/08 11:06AM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: Fighter bashing
2 total post edits

Post #14   7/2/08 2:07:19AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Tito out muscled Forrest and I'm pretty sure Rampage is stronger then Tito IMO.

Who are you and what amazing achievements have you accomplished to be able to call an Olympic level wrestler and an Oregon state politician a bum? Your contradicting yourself. You believe Forrest will control Rampage in the clinch like Wandy did but then discredit his win over Hendo because Hendo fights at both weightclasses(isn't natural in either because he's great at both) and Hendo even knocked Silva the fudge out. How does that make sense? Hendo's clinch is a lot more stronger then Wandy's Muay Thai clinch. Wandy's is just more deadlier with strikes and Forrest is no Wandy when it comes to striking power.

Forrest ain't even stronger then Hendo, maybe not even Lindland either. Who went through hell to put Rampage on his back. I just don't see it happening IMHO.

Post #15   7/2/08 3:05:27AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2