Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ WINS TWICE IN TWO DAYS

Print  
Posted By Message

puppetmaster837

Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar

Career:216-132
Chips:
International Fight League star Mike Ciesnolevicz had quite a weekend. He fought main events in two different states and in two different weight classes saying, “If I can fight two times this weekend, I’ll be happy. That’s how they used to do it back in the day.”

On Friday, he earned the Courage Fighting Championships 205-pound title by submitting Andrew Force in Decatur, Ill. Then, he was off to Iowa to headline the Extreme Challenge 100 event in Davenport, defeating Matt Andersen as a heavyweight. He tipped the scales at 206 pounds.

Link

That is pretty impressive

Post #1   6/30/08 5:22:07PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
I don't care what the skill level of his opponents were, to fight in two different main events at two different weight classes in two different states on the same weekend is quite impressive.

Post #2   6/30/08 7:20:46PM   

aaa9erh8er

Belt Contender

aaa9erh8er Avatar

Career:330-217
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
i agree thats beast. now lets see if he can stack up to some higher level comp i think so. id really like to see this kid ufc soon.

Post #3   6/30/08 7:27:59PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by aaa9erh8er

i agree thats beast. now lets see if he can stack up to some higher level comp i think so. id really like to see this kid ufc soon.

i was hoping they would put him on the Ultimate fighter for LHW, but guess not...still though this new season looks to be stacked (at least the LHW's) with teixeira and sozysnki (sp?)

Post #4   6/30/08 7:30:25PM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Career:189-106
Chips:

Posted by aaa9erh8er

He's not very good. He's roughly top 8 in his weight class in the IFL, and some of the guys ahead of him aren't even UFC material.

He's a great B fighter.

Props on the weekend warrior stuff though.

And Krzysztof Soszynski fought as a heavyweight in the IFL, where he got ponied. Not even sure he fights in the IFL anymore because I'd assume by now he got washed out. I've seen the man fight, he's basically a body builder with no real skill or cardio.

Last edited 7/1/08 2:22PM server time by figsak
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   7/1/08 2:18:56PM