Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

HDNet Satisfied As Programming Leader, No Event Plans Yet

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Even though the Mark Cuban-backed HDNet seems to have the financial resources to be a challenger to UFC, HDNet Fights has chosen to be more a programming brand than a fight promotion in the 9 months it's been around. They have no imminent plans for a 3rd event yet, admitting the timing is completely tied to-no surprise here-Randy Couture getting his freedom from UFC.

Article

Post #1   6/30/08 10:25:59AM   

Vote4Fedro

banned

Career:4-5
Chips:
So far I haven't cared to much about HDNET. I don't have the channell nor an HDTV. Meh on their fights. If they do Randy vs Fedro I will sing a different toon. War Randy!

Post #2   6/30/08 1:05:01PM   

puppetmaster837

Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar

Career:216-132
Chips:

Posted by Vote4Fedro

So far I haven't cared to much about HDNET. I don't have the channell nor an HDTV. Meh on their fights. If they do Randy vs Fedro I will sing a different toon. War Randy!

The only reason you say Meh on their fights is clearly because you dont have the channel. HDNet is an amazing channel, they are the top channel for MMA, i have no problem with them not trying to become an organization as long as they keep showing stuff like Dream, Sportfight, MFC, Strikeforce, and every other promotion they show on that channel.

Post #3   6/30/08 5:06:08PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
agreed. I love the fact that almost every weekend I don't have to pay anything to see good fights and rising stars. Sometimes matches are good just based on the fact that two guys are evenly matched, or sometimes they are old stars like Pedro Rizzo on the comeback. Sometimes it's rising stars that you hear about signing to UFC or somewhere else.

I'm also a boxing fan and I'd never say, Meh on HBO, Showtime, ESPN, I just want to pay for PPV's. Makes no sense. I love fights--not paying for it every time. I do that too but I'd go broke if that's how I HAD to watch mma.

Post #4   7/1/08 4:06:30AM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Career:189-106
Chips:
What channel is this?

Post #5   7/1/08 2:36:03PM