Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

What happens if you forget to make picks?

Print  
Posted By Message

punisherind

MMA Regular

punisherind Avatar

Career:781-433
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:
I was wondering what is the effect of missing a pick, or a whole event? Does it count as an incorrect pick, or is it not factored in the record at all?

Post #1   1/19/07 10:56:08AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,409-867
Chips:
There's no penalty for not making a pick just as there's no penalty for incorrectly picking the fight's winner.

Post #2   1/19/07 12:32:09PM   

punisherind

MMA Regular

punisherind Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

There's no penalty for not making a pick just as there's no penalty for incorrectly picking the fight's winner.

but on the fight camp directory page it lists "wins-losses". if we dont get penalized for an incorrect pick, what is a "loss"?

sorry, just a little confused.

Post #3   1/19/07 2:35:49PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,409-867
Chips:
Ahh, I see what you're asking now. I misunderstood the question and was thinking in terms of scoring points for a season, my mistake.

A loss is recorded when you pick a fight winner and you are wrong. A win is recorded when you pick a fight winner and you are right. If you do not pick a winner for a fight you do not get a win or a loss. You score points only when correctly guessing a fight winner, then additional points if you also correctly predict the fight's result. The person with the most points by season's end is the winner. Win/loss record does not factor into winning a fight season, it's mostly just there for fun to see your overall success ratio on the website.

Post #4   1/19/07 2:48:10PM   

punisherind

MMA Regular

punisherind Avatar

Chips:
gotcha. thanks for clearing that up.

Post #5   1/20/07 9:34:19AM