Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

3 Fights for TKO29 : Repercussion

Print  
Posted By Message

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,369-1,558
Chips:
3 fights announced for TKO29 : Repercussion, although one of them doesn't have an opponent yet.. and i'm not sure exactly when it is because the poster for it is in french (i think its french) and i cant read it.. but here is what is scheduled

Steve Vigneault vs Jonathan Goulet
Patrick Cote vs TBA
Steve Bosse vs David Fraser

link to fight card

link to poster if anyone can read it

edit: found info here

its on june 1st.. also supposed to fight: chris clements and stephane dube

Last edited 2/28/07 8:44AM server time by ffforgottenx
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   2/28/07 8:42:01AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
The poster says it is on Friday June 1st at 7:30 PM, at the Bell Centre in Montreal.
It also says that Cote willbe fighting and Steve Boss will be debuing in TKO.

At the top of the page it says major leagues of ultimate combat. French yes.
And above the names Goulet and Vigneault it says that it is for the Welterweight title.

Can't wait for the event. I have been waiting for Goulet to fight Vigneault. I believe it has been put off for 2 cards now due to injuries.
I was actually gonna drive out to see it. But i am gonna spend the whole summer on the West Coast of Canada instead of East. Bah!
War Vigneualt!

I can tell you aren't Canadian has you dont understand French. Many of the words are similar and even though i am not bilingual i have a handhold on it.

Ps great language to learn. Girls love when you talk dirty in French (unless they know more then you then your screwed!)

Post #2   2/28/07 9:18:51AM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,369-1,558
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

The poster says it is on Friday June 1st at 7:30 PM, at the Bell Centre in Montreal.
It also says that Cote willbe fighting and Steve Boss will be debuing in TKO.

At the top of the page it says major leagues of ultimate combat. French yes.
And above the names Goulet and Vigneault it says that it is for the Welterweight title.

Can't wait for the event. I have been waiting for Goulet to fight Vigneault. I believe it has been put off for 2 cards now due to injuries.
I was actually gonna drive out to see it. But i am gonna spend the whole summer on the West Coast of Canada instead of East. Bah!
War Vigneualt!

I can tell you aren't Canadian has you dont understand French. Many of the words are similar and even though i am not bilingual i have a handhold on it.

Ps great language to learn. Girls love when you talk dirty in French (unless they know more then you then your screwed!)

haha nope im not canadian.. i sorted through some of it and i figured it said june 1st, but i didnt want to post that and be wrong haha so i found it in english

and the girl im seeing right now speaks and is french.. so maybe ill hold off on that for a while haha

Post #3   2/28/07 9:36:43AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:
learn some spanish then. i hear that works well

Post #4   2/28/07 9:38:18AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
After Cote´s last performance I honestly hope he stays at TKO.

Post #5   2/28/07 5:23:37PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

After Cote´s last performance I honestly hope he stays at TKO.

His preformance wasn't bad... Just the lack of the finish was disappointing...

He was thinking of the Sell KO a little too much, i think, and just wanted to finally secure his first UFC win...

Probably the best known UFC fighter w/o a win (before the Smith Fight)

Post #6   2/28/07 6:51:32PM   

Northrend

In Full Mount

Northrend Avatar

Career:110-62
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

learn some spanish then. i hear that works well

I dunno why everyone thought that fight was boring, I liked it and there was a bunch of action from both fighters.

Post #7   2/28/07 8:36:54PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,741-1,058
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
Poor Cote; he can't buy a Win the UFC and finally get his first win and then he's shipped out of town.

Post #8   3/1/07 2:12:11PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JoeMimic

Poor Cote; he can't buy a Win the UFC and finally get his first win and then he's shipped out of town.

I dont think it is that way. Mark Hominick and Sam Stout are both signed to both orgs. TKO is seen as a Canadian Breeding ground for the UFC.
the owner of TKO, Stephan Party, Manages a crapload of fighters. Most Canadians who fight in the UFC are managed by him.
Maybe Patrick Cote just wants to go back and get his old TKO LHW title again. I believe he was just Relieved\vacated\stripped of it from inaction in the org (as were GSP and the Crow).

Post #9   3/1/07 3:34:43PM