Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Thomson Takes Strikeforce Title in San Jose

Print  
Posted By Message

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Josh Thomson (Pictures) certainly picked the opportune night to fight up to the potential that most within the sport knew he possessed.

Shoulder surgery, its rehabilitation, a staph infection, and the loss of his father over a year-and-half ago seemed to stack itself firmly against the San Jose fighter. If you bought into Thomson's pre-fight chatter, you might have thought the 29-year-old was bracing himself for inevitable defeat against Strikeforce lightweight champion and top-10 ranked Gilbert Melendez (Pictures).

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=13463

Post #1   6/28/08 1:51:24PM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:

Posted by nickcuc547

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Josh Thomson (Pictures) certainly picked the opportune night to fight up to the potential that most within the sport knew he possessed.

Shoulder surgery, its rehabilitation, a staph infection, and the loss of his father over a year-and-half ago seemed to stack itself firmly against the San Jose fighter. If you bought into Thomson's pre-fight chatter, you might have thought the 29-year-old was bracing himself for inevitable defeat against Strikeforce lightweight champion and top-10 ranked Gilbert Melendez (Pictures).

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=13463

I bet on him Melendez is Pride hyped, Josh is awesome, beat Melendez easily in every aspect of the game, if that stupid injury report did not come out I would not had taken my bet from 1000 to 500.

Post #2   6/28/08 10:26:46PM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Career:189-106
Chips:
He was pride hyped because in his 2 Pride fights he looks friggin amazing. I knew Josh was a dangerous fighter, but when you see how good a fighter is (Melendez), it's hard to justify to yourself betting against him.

He had 1 bad fight against Ishida, and he totally dominated almost every other one of his fights. When a guys on a roll, it's hard to bet against him.

Post #3   6/29/08 3:02:05PM