Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

CUNG LE LIKELY TO FIGHT AGAIN IN 2008

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
“He’ll be back in the gym. He’s still training, and he’ll be back at it,” he stated.

Afromowitz also mentioned the possibility of different opponents for Le in his next fight, ranging from a rematch with Shamrock to a showdown with a top ranked middleweight.

“You know, it’s a possibility he might wind up fighting (Kazuo) Misaki, who we were hoping he’d fight last November, but there was scheduling conflicts on Misaki’s side, so it didn’t happen,” Afromowitz commented on potential opponents. “Misaki’s a fighter that we recently signed, so Cung may wind up fighting him or he may just go back and fight Frank (Shamrock) again for his next fight, but he’ll be back.”

As previously mentioned, Le’s next movie project is set to begin filming over the next few months, but Strikeforce executives are expecting him to fight again in 2008.

“I think he’ll fight one more fight before the end of this year,” stated Afromowitz.

Fans will also have to wait to see Le’s role in Tekken as well because the film is not slated to hit theatres until sometime in 2009

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   6/28/08 9:41:30AM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
I' love to see him square off with Misaki. It would legitimately put Cung in the top ten MW rankings or at least on the fringe. This would be a real test and Cung could find himself on his back.

Hopefully he hasn't gone too Hollywood, because he'll need to be at the top of his game to beat the Grabaka Hitman.

Post #2   6/28/08 9:57:08AM   

coldchillin

In Full Mount

coldchillin Avatar

Career:533-287
Chips:
Misaki will expose Le's non-existent ground game if they ever fight. Le's a great striker but Misaki is too smart to stand with him and would strategically break him down over 5 rounds. I think the rematch with Shamrock would be a better idea for him, it would be much more publicized and just a bigger fight at this point.

Post #3   6/28/08 3:57:03PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,951-1,087
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
More important than cung le...

They're making a TEKKEN movie?? jesus creeping shit. AWESOME.. but wait cung le is going to be in this movie this might just be the worst movie ive ever wanted to see.

Oh and yeah misaki would beat him.

Im not sure cung le's san shou will have any answer to Misaki's judo and on the feet Misaki is tough as nails with the power to put you away if he hits.

Last edited 6/28/08 4:20PM server time by pookie
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   6/28/08 4:18:35PM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Career:189-106
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

They're making a TEKKEN movie?? jesus creeping shit. AWESOME.. but wait cung le is going to be in this movie this might just be the worst movie ive ever wanted to see.

Lmao, I was thinking that as I was reading what you were saying.

Post #5   6/28/08 4:35:20PM