Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tim Sylvia: "It's time to see if Fedor still has what it takes to be #1"

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Although Fedor is the top-ranking heavyweight in the world, there's no doubt that Tim Sylvia is a force to be reckoned with. With a full 8 inches and 30 pounds over Fedor, Sylvia is a monster with an impressive record, surprisingly quick hands and a long reach that many opponents find hard to escape. His size and striking power, coupled with a rock-em sock-em attitude and stamina are a dangerous combination every time he steps in front of an opponent. Trying to regain the championship title in a fight in 2004, Sylvia wouldn't tap out when Frank Mir
locked him in an armbar, even after his arm was snapped. The ref had to put an end the fight, because Sylvia, broken arm and all wouldn't give up.

Fedor, who has already proved himself in the ring, is looking to earn a different kind of reputation with the American people. "As far as American fans, I'd like them to get to know me personally…not just as a fighter - as a human being as well.' And Sylvia, who has suffered from some criticism and controversy, has a personal, as well as professional, agenda as well - he's just looking for a little respect. A win against the current world heavyweight champion just might quiet the chatter and earn him the respect he yearns for. In Sylvia's own words, "It's time to see if Fedor still has what it takes to be #1."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   6/27/08 10:44:50AM   

SpiderSilva

1/31/15 a Legend returns

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,894-1,182
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Tim will just be helping to add to the reason why he is number one I bet he taps this time when hes in an armbar

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #2   6/27/08 10:50:19AM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Tim will just be helping to add to the reason why he is number one I bet he taps this time when hes in an armbar

that Tim that didnt want to tap with a broken forearm has been regulated.

Post #3   6/27/08 11:26:37AM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Wait...does Tim still have what it takes to be #1?

Post #4   6/27/08 11:27:41AM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:
The sick, demented part of me wants to see Fedor get knocked out. I love him but it will shake the world of mma.

Post #5   6/27/08 11:58:56AM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Career:189-106
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Wait...does Tim still have what it takes to be #1?

still?

did he ever?

Post #6   6/27/08 12:04:43PM   

GlancyMMA

MMA Regular

GlancyMMA Avatar

Career:402-238
Chips:
I have to admit at one time I would have said Fedor is the worlds number one fighter.

However, now after the circus of nobodies he has been fighting I am pumped to see him finally fight Clubber Lang... I mean Tim Sylvia....

Fedor needs to fight for some tough competition again, and I guess Tim is a good start.

Fedor by GNP KO in the second.

Then.... (I hate to beat the dead horse here but...) Randy... it's gotta be Randy....

Post #7   6/27/08 12:08:28PM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,503-1,200
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:

Posted by kaduey

The sick, demented part of me wants to see Fedor get knocked out. I love him but it will shake the world of mma.

I see I am not the only sick and demented one. I would love to see Fedor at 40 and 0 but there is a small part of me that wants to see the guy the UFC let go KO him. Just for ***** and giggles.

Post #8   6/27/08 12:32:52PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by Darnok

Posted by kaduey

I see I am not the only sick and demented one. I would love to see Fedor at 40 and 0 but there is a small part of me that wants to see the guy the UFC let go KO him. Just for ***** and giggles.

im actually pulling for it, not only will it be really really funny to all the Tim haters (picked him to beat AA 2nd time) and Fedor lovers but it will also soften the dissapointment of him and Randy never fighting

Post #9   6/27/08 12:55:32PM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:
Tim is gonna get man-handled, Fedor, submission

Post #10   6/27/08 12:59:54PM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Chips:
I always defended Tim. Always figured him to be underrated. But he's definately not a powerhouse either.

Fedor is. Fedor is a bad bad man. Fedor is Tyson in his prime, Fedor is MJ in his prime, Fedor is this generations uber athlete.

IMO Fedor is the #1 pound for pound fighter in the world.

Post #11   6/27/08 1:42:49PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,566-924
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
If Fedor gets threw Timmy,and takes out Barnett,It's gonna be hard to say he's not the number one heavy-weight,imo.AA is their too,and stylisticly I think he may prove to pose Fedor some problems,but at the same time you can say the same of Timmy and Barnett.

Post #12   6/27/08 1:51:27PM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Chips:
I think Fedor earned the right to be ranked #1 HW about 10 fights ago. I think anyone who thinks he shouldn't be ranked #1 HW right now is nuts.

He's on a 25 fight win streak! The man hasn't lost a fight in almost 8 ******* years! And it's not like he hasn't been fighting...

He has wins over - Lindland, Hunt, 2 wins over Coleman, CroCop, 2 wins over Nogueira, Randleman, Herring, Babalu, and Arona.

These are all BIG name fighters.

It's UNHEARD OF for a fighter to stay undefeated for 25 fights and 8yrs when fighting the sort of competition he's been fighting.

answer this question. For those who DON'T think Fedor is the #1 HW in the world, tell me who you think is? Superman? Godzilla?

Post #13   6/27/08 2:02:01PM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
^ definitely the Burger King guy.

#1 in my book.

Post #14   6/27/08 2:04:47PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,566-924
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Figsak

I think Fedor earned the right to be ranked #1 HW about 10 fights ago. I think anyone who thinks he shouldn't be ranked #1 HW right now is nuts.

He's on a 25 fight win streak! The man hasn't lost a fight in almost 8 ******* years! And it's not like he hasn't been fighting...

He has wins over - Lindland, Hunt, 2 wins over Coleman, CroCop, 2 wins over Nogueira, Randleman, Herring, Babalu, and Arona.

These are all BIG name fighters.

It's UNHEARD OF for a fighter to stay undefeated for 25 fights and 8yrs when fighting the sort of competition he's been fighting.

answer this question. For those who DON'T think Fedor is the #1 HW in the world, tell me who you think is? Superman? Godzilla?

I do think Fedor is the best HW in the world,but I consider Big Nog number one as of now.I think beating Tim for the belt,winning the rematch with Barnett,and taking out Herring again earns him the number one spot.I think Nog has accomplished more lately than Fedor and that's why I consider him number.I think Fedor is better,but I give Nog the 1.posistion for having accomplished more lately.

Post #15   6/27/08 2:20:23PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3