Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Forrest Griffin: ‘He hits hard. I don’t have the best chin in the world’

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
The main event at UFC 86 will be more about business than bad blood when Quinton (Rampage) Jackson defends his light-heavyweight title July 5 against Forrest Griffin.

The two are coming off a stint as rival coaches on The Ultimate Fighter reality TV show. But unlike some past seasons (think Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock, B.J. Penn and Jens Pulver, Matt Hughes and Matt Serra), not many sparks flew. Threats were largely replaced by one-liners.

The drama for Jackson-Griffin will come in the cage at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, rather than in front of a microphone.

“I fight for a living,” Jackson explained in a conference call Thursday. “I don't think it would be fair if I fight people while I was pissed off. Wouldn't even be a fair fight. They shouldn't even allow me to fight if I was pissed off.

“I'm happy. Happy to be making money, happy to be in the UFC. Happy to be defending my title.”

Griffin, who sometimes can seem in his own zone, was just as matter-of-fact.

“Whether you like the guy or hate him, it doesn't matter,” added Griffin. “You're going to hit him as hard as you can. It doesn't really matter how you feel.”

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   6/27/08 10:19:25AM   

kaskd

MMA Regular

kaskd Avatar

Career:1,183-655
Chips:
gotta love those two, made for one of the most entertaining TUFs ever. both are honest, skilled and hilarious.

Post #2   6/27/08 4:24:22PM   

Red-Dragon

In Full Mount

Red-Dragon Avatar

Career:337-201
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:
They are the coolest most humble fighters in the UFC right now. Especially Forrest. This is one fight were I really don't mind who wins. i like them both.

Post #3   6/27/08 6:37:48PM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Career:189-106
Chips:
More like, this is one fight where you wish BOTH could win. Maybe a round 1 double KO?

Post #4   6/27/08 7:25:01PM