Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

RORY MARKHAM ON SIGNING WITH THE UFC

Print  
Posted By Message

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
After a year plagued with injury and inconsistency in 2007, former International Fight League welterweight Rory Markham has turned himself around in 2008, and is on the cusp of a major career breakthrough.

Rebounding off a year-ending loss in December by defeating Jay Ellis at the debut Adrenaline event in Chicago just a couple short weeks ago, Markham’s good fortune got even better when the dream call came through saying he’d be taking on Brodie Farber at the upcoming Ultimate Fighting Championship’s Fight Night 14 event on July 19. The main event features UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva making his 205-pound debut against James Irvin.

More

Post #1   6/26/08 4:02:49PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Career:376-170
Chips:
If I were the guys from the IFL, I would be calling up Joe Silva like once every hour to see if I could get on the undercard for Silva/Irvin, or at least 87. There are enough guys out there that were in the IFL that if the UFC wanted, they could either pit them against each other, or against an established UFC star, for the next thirty PPVs, and probably more. Just think of how many guys from the IFL might turn out to be the next big thing if given the chance to preform on the big stage.

Post #2   6/26/08 10:02:49PM