Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nam Phan seeks redemption at STRIKEFORCE

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
At his Strikeforce debut in December of 2006, California grappling standout Nam Phan fought hard, but fell short in his goal of defeating one of the promotion’s top lightweights in Josh “The Punk” Thomson.

Just over a year and a half later, Phan returns to the promotion looking to take the next step in his career as he takes on Billy Evangelista in a feature bout as part of Strikeforce’s HDNet broadcast this coming Friday night.

“I’m very excited to fight Billy Evangelista,” stated Nam.

“I was supposed to fight him back in November, but I think he got hurt or something like that, and we weren’t able to fight. But it’s ready to happen this time and it should be an interesting fight.”

Phan is currently riding a two-fight winning streak and will be looking to end Evangelista’s undefeated ways in a bout that Nam feels could be one of the most exciting fights on Friday’s card.

“I always bring a lot of pressure, always a lot of action,” he said. “Win, lose, or draw I think it’s going to be an exciting fight.

“Billy’s a banger too, so I think there’s going to be a lot of haymakers thrown in this fight.”

Link

Last edited 6/26/08 8:43AM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   6/26/08 8:39:49AM