Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Matt Hughes knee injury may not require surgery

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
You can add injury to insult for Matt Hughes. Not only did he lose his most recent bout, to Thiago Alves at UFC 85 in London, but he also suffered a severe knee injury.

During the second round of their bout at the O2 Arena on June 7, Alves unleashed a brutal flying knee that put Hughes down and out. On the way down, his left leg bent back awkwardly underneath him, causing severe pain in the knee.

Hughes on Wednesday posted an update on his official blog indicating the severity of the injury, but also the possibility of not having to undergo surgery.

“I found out my results, I’ve got a totally torn MCL that is still attached? to my femur. I’ve got a partially torn PCL. They really think that the PCL ?will repair itself and that MCL has a chance of repairing itself. So we’re ?going to hold off on surgery right now. I am going to get a second opinion? this week, so that might change; but for now we’re going to hold off on? surgery.”

Link

Last edited 6/25/08 3:50PM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   6/25/08 3:48:51PM   

thatfedorsohotrightnow

banned

Career:142-108
Chips:
Jesus will heal him. No need for modern medicine.

Post #2   6/25/08 6:10:28PM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Career:189-106
Chips:
Yep. He just needs to boil some leaves, chant to the moon, and rub a toad's butthole on his knee. Modern medicine is hoaky.

Post #3   6/25/08 8:43:24PM