Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

VIDEO: Jeff Monson calls out Kimbo Slice

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

kastro_316

Banned

Career:-
Chips:
DreamFighters.com

Awesome video of Jeff Monson calling out non other than Kimbo Slice. hard to tell if these two will ever fight, but should be a very good fight.

Post #1   6/23/08 10:28:13AM   

DiabloFreak56

Standup Guy

DiabloFreak56 Avatar

Career:866-586
Chips:
i hope they fight and monson breaks his arm

Post #2   6/23/08 10:34:22AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,035-1,142
Chips:
hehehe, ahh gotta love cheesy call outs. Kimbo IS the fighter I dislike the most so if this match ever happens (doubting it will, wouldnt be much of a challenge for monson) I hope snowman ends slice's career.

Post #3   6/23/08 10:40:17AM   

saemskin

BANNED

Career:75-70
Chips:
These pro fighters that are calling out Kimbo are pathetic and make me sick.

Kimbo has 3 pro fights and guys with 30 fights under their belt want to fight him. WHY?! It's obviously not for the challenge of fighting a top level guy because he is not a top level guy. It's to be a ******* sheep like everyone else and get on the Kimbo bandwagon. Is that something to be proud of? Hell no.

Monson would beat him, whoopee-doo.

Jeff Monson should be ashamed of himself for this and I' not even going to watch the video. I used to have alot of respect for Monson. Not anymore.
This is not news if you ask me.

Hey Jeff, my grandma is available to fight. You'd probably win that one too.

Last edited 6/23/08 10:50AM server time by saemskin
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #4   6/23/08 10:45:34AM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,605-1,426
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
haha "I know the motherf*cker doesnt read"

Post #5   6/23/08 10:46:08AM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:

Posted by saemskin

Kimbo has 3 pro fights and guys with 30 fights under their belt want to fight him. WHY?! It's obviously not for the challenge of fighting a top level guy because he is not a top level guy. It's to be a ******* sheep like everyone else and get on the Kimbo bandwagon. Is that something to be proud of? Hell no.

Jeff Monson should be ashamed of himself for this and I' not even going to watch the video. I used to have alot of respect for Monson. Not anymore.

These pro fighters with 20+ fights under there belt are pissed of at what Gary Shaw and his puppet Kimbo are doing to this sport....

Keep in mind that jeff is not an internet sensation and has poured his life a soul into this sport, and Monson and the rest of the elite in the heavy weight division have the right to call out kimbo, especially when you consider all the attention Kimbo has been getting...

If kimbo doesn't like the heat he should get out of the kitchen

Your grandma might be real tuff but did she make the cover of ESPN mag.? or main event the first primetime MMA event????

I'm tired of the average person on the streets thinking Kimbo is the best p4p out there

War Monson

Thanks for representing the 360

Post #6   6/23/08 11:06:04AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,803-1,547
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by saemskin

In all honesty, if his boss wouldn't make outlandish claims about him, this wouldn't happen. I respect the fact that Kimbo isn't trash talking, but someone who represents him in the media sure is. Before his last fight, Shaw claimed he could hang with any heavyweight in the world. With statements like that, you open him up to being challenged by everyone in the sport who's interested in beating an over-hyped fighter (over-hyped as described by Bas Rutten) for a piece of the bread. Did Shaw learn his lesson after Kimbo's last match? Of coarse not. Now he says Kimbo's ground game isn't in the top 10, but he's still the best striker in the world. Don't blame Monson...blame Shaw.

Post #7   6/23/08 11:21:25AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
well this is all elitexc's fault for trying to blow kimbo up so fast when he isnt ready to be the next star. i mean you put a guy that has rearly any mma experience into main event fights. and say he's the next big mma star, they should have let him fly under the radar and not put him in the main events.

Kimbo's career could be going down fast, if he actually has to fight guys that are good. like brett rogers, jeff monson, tito ortiz, lindland, people that are calling him out.

putting him on the cover of espn magazine didnt help any much either hah

Last edited 6/23/08 11:53AM server time by twenty20dollars
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   6/23/08 11:52:12AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

hehehe, ahh gotta love cheesy call outs. Kimbo IS the fighter I dislike the most so if this match ever happens (doubting it will, wouldnt be much of a challenge for monson) I hope snowman ends slice's career.

End his career? That's kind of a shitty thing to say.

Post #9   6/23/08 12:09:36PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Chips:

Posted by saemskin

I agree with you for the most part. I'll also add that fans and fighters alike are taking their anger out on Kimbo just for being who he is when the real enemy is clearly Gary Shaw. Kimbo is doing exactly what he should be doing as a new fighter with a lot of fame and I commend him for it. The only problem I have is how much Kimbo is getting paid which only infuriates the mma community even more, and for that reason, he needs a drastic step up in competition for his next fight in order to justify a 6 figure contract. Nonetheless, Kimbo is riding the wave like ANYONE else would in his shoes.

Post #10   6/23/08 12:15:14PM   

Mhunt1140

Learning to Sprawl

Mhunt1140 Avatar

Career:935-568
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I am glad the Monson called out Kimbo, maybe we will actually get to see Kimbo fight a real fighter. In all honesty I don't like Kimbo at all, he is my leas favorite fighter becuase of what he is doing to the sport. In my opinion he is destroying the sport and I don't blame all of these vetran fighters who have put their lives into mma and developed it into what it is today. They, like many of the true mma fans hate what is happening to the sport. I definitely don't put the blame all on the shoulders of Kimbo because he is actually not talking trash or trying to hype himself up, it is mainly Shaw who can't keep quiet.

All in all, Monson would destroy Kimbo and I do understand why he called him out.

Lets put it this way, if you have worked your entire life to change the image of mma from what it was when it first started out (no-holds barred street fighting basically where it was barely legal) to a household venue which is the fastest growing sport right now, and someone comes in and basically destroy's that image, you would call him out as well!

Post #11   6/23/08 12:23:01PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Mhunt1140

I am glad the Monson called out Kimbo, maybe we will actually get to see Kimbo fight a real fighter. In all honesty I don't like Kimbo at all, he is my leas favorite fighter becuase of what he is doing to the sport. In my opinion he is destroying the sport and I don't blame all of these vetran fighters who have put their lives into mma and developed it into what it is today. They, like many of the true mma fans hate what is happening to the sport. I definitely don't put the blame all on the shoulders of Kimbo because he is actually not talking trash or trying to hype himself up, it is mainly Shaw who can't keep quiet.

All in all, Monson would destroy Kimbo and I do understand why he called him out.

Lets put it this way, if you have worked your entire life to change the image of mma from what it was when it first started out (no-holds barred street fighting basically where it was barely legal) to a household venue which is the fastest growing sport right now, and someone comes in and basically destroy's that image, you would call him out as well!

How has Kimbo destroyed the image? Has Kimbo once acted like he just crawled off the streets in an attempt to punk out more experienced opponents? No, he has kept his head down and has trained his butt off. He needs work, obviously, but you can't blame the decline of anything on Kimbo.

Post #12   6/23/08 12:28:19PM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:1,003-606
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
Jeff Monson acted like a big ass in this video. I'm also getting tired of hearing all these fighters calling out Kimbo. I know this is all Gary Shaws fault promoting him so hard. But to me, it just sounds like all these fighters are just kind of jealous. Maybe some of them because he making a joke out of the sport. But guys like Monson sound like there just jealous. If Kimbo ever takes on Monson though he'd really have to work on his takedown defense. If Kimbo would keep this fight standing he'd demolish Monson.

Post #13   6/23/08 12:39:41PM   

Figsak

Barred From Forum

Figsak Avatar

Career:189-106
Chips:
Kimbo isn't talking shit because he's smart, and I wouldn't say scared... but worried. He's keeping his mouth shut, fighting the B movie stars like James Thompson, and Depositing his fat checks. He knows if he opens his mouth, he'll be expected to step up to a fighter he's just not ready for. As far as the ppl calling him out... Lindland's a freak, he'd take a fight with godzilla if he could. Its expected of him to talk shit to any1 and every1. Monson? Monson isn't good enough to call anyone out. In fact I'd say Monson would be a good matchup for kimbo. If Monson didn't get Kimbo to the ground IMMEDIATELY, he'd be sh*tting his teeth for a week.

Post #14   6/23/08 12:46:23PM   

The-Don

Belt Contender

The-Don Avatar

Career:583-418
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:
Other then saying Kibmo can't read monson seems to be more pisses at shaw then anyone.. he busted his ass like hundreds of other fighters and then along comes some street brawler who that is what he is famous for and is given 6 figures and given opponents I could probably beat and I have jsut turned my focus to MMA training.. I agree.. I am gonna make a bunch of videos of me beating the crap out of people post them and then get my pay day... I though have legitimatly trained in Martial arts since I was 5... but hell.. I'd still be called out... I am not blaming Kimbo.. I'd take the easy money too.. Sadly Kimbo is the one the fighters can get into the cage.. sohe is the one they want to make anexample of...

Post #15   6/23/08 1:02:27PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2