Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nate Marquardt still confused by lost points

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Two weeks after a controversial decision loss to Thales Leites at UFC 85, middleweight contender Nate Marquardt (26-8-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) is still at odds over Herb Dean's decision to deduct a costly point due to elbow strikes the veteran referee deemed illegal.

Marquardt reflected on the exciting bout while a recent guest on TAGG Radio (www.taggradio.com), the official radio partner of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

"I think Herb really couldn't get the angle from where he was at," Marquardt said. "He didn't really see where the shots were landing. And to be honest, when he stood me up, he said 'I warned you about the elbow,' but he never told me he was taking a point away. To be honest, at the end of the fight, I thought I only had one point taken away (from an earlier illegal knee). I didn't know about the second point."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   6/22/08 10:20:10AM   

jimmypockets

ThE ThIcKFrEAkNeSS

jimmypockets Avatar

Career:1,090-730
Camp: RuStY CaGe FiGhT TeAm
Chips:
I don't understand how this is such a controversial fight. In my opinion Leites should have gotten the win after that illegal knee so everything that happened afterwards is irrelevent. I assumed Marquardt was a professional before that fight. After the fight and after all the press I can clearly see he is not.

XB Live Gamertags- J1mMy PoCkEtS, Th3 Barncat

Post #2   6/22/08 11:43:38AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,937-1,115
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Not to mention the piledriver........

Post #3   6/22/08 11:45:06AM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

but u have to admit, that was a friggin sweet piledriver!

Post #4   6/22/08 12:40:52PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,937-1,115
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by MMAcca

The Undertaker would have been pruod.

Post #5   6/22/08 1:12:07PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by MMAcca

Post #6   6/22/08 1:36:40PM   

MoJoy

Banned again

Career:93-38
Chips:
This is a moot point if there every was one. A glancing eye poke, or a knee to the groin is one thing. An illegal knockout shot is another. If I am Thales I am protesting why the fight is not stopped right there. He should have been given an automatic win. He is the better FIGHTER. He does not need to do an illegal knee to the head or a illegal piledriver. People who complain about the decision, oh god, I have to be polite so I dont get into trouble. He put Thales in a unfairly, hardcore unfairly compromised position. That shot is not a impact that takes minutes to recover it takes days to recover. Everything he did after that in the fight dont mean anything cause he cheapshotted the guy and put him in a bad spot. Gee I wonder if Thales had kneed him in the head how well Nate would have fought the rest of the fight. He needs to get fined. I dont watch this sport to see someone get maybe killed or brain damage. I watch it to see super athletes compete compete in a fair and humane way making a fair winner.

Post #7   6/22/08 2:11:57PM