Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

TUF 7 Finale: Dustin Hazelett awarded bonuses for “Fight of the Night” and “Submission of the Night”

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,028-1,165
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Las Vegas, Nevada – Amir Sadollah may have earned the title of the winner for the seventh season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” but it was Dustin Hazelett who perhaps is walking out of the TUF 7 live season finale as the event’s biggest winner.

Hazelett, a member of Team Jorge Gurgel in Ohio, fought Josh Burkman during a non-televised portion of the fight. Despite giving up noticeable strength to Burkman, Hazelett still walked away the victor after executing an armbar following a whizzer.

LINK

Post #1   6/22/08 6:59:56AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
This was the only fight i picked correctly with confidence for the entire event....

Dustin Hazlett is going to the champ one day. Hes young and has a great striking and submission game. I would like the see him win a few more then fight Kos again and im positive he would beat him.

Post #2   6/22/08 7:06:37AM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:
Shouldn't this be in the spoilers section

Post #3   6/22/08 7:52:42AM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,378-913
Chips:

Posted by Porch28

Shouldn't this be in the spoilers section

Exactly. FFS MMAcca, after all your participation in the Spoilers threads, you post this dog turd.

Post #4   6/22/08 10:02:49AM   

pdanke

MMA Regular

pdanke Avatar

Career:1,593-1,043
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:
If you don't want spoilers, don't go on MMA forums right after an event..... is it really that hard to do?

Anyway, I didn't see the Lister submission, but I don't see how it could beat Hazelett's armbar.... that was one of the slicker armbar transitions I've seen lately, up there with Palhares and Aurelio.

Post #5   6/22/08 10:59:24AM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pdanke

If you don't want spoilers, don't go on MMA forums right after an event..... is it really that hard to do?

This was discussed to death over the past couple of days, mainly by the Mods.

Perhaps you need to read it again if it didn't sink in the 1st time?

Post #6   6/22/08 11:17:07AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by moob

Posted by pdanke

Why are you in the MMA news section then when were hot off an event that even THE SITE HAS STATS UP FOR??? Your setting yourself up big time. What you expect to see in the news sections hourr after an event?

The Burkman fight was pretty sick. Hazalett has a ton of potential but he just needs to keep on learning and getting better and then test him out with the big boys again.

Last edited 6/22/08 11:23AM server time by Natedawgtham
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #7   6/22/08 11:18:24AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by moob

Posted by pdanke

Why are you in the MMA news section then when were hot off an event that even THE SITE HAS STATS UP FOR??? Your setting yourself up big time. What you expect to see in the news sections hourr after an event?

The Burkman fight was pretty sick. Hazalett has a ton of potential but he just needs to keep on learning and getting better and then test him out with the big boys again.

You dont need to go to the news section, you come on the site, and you see the news on the homepage. I figured it would be safe to come on the site today since zephead clearly stated in 3 stickied threads that spoilers stay in the spoilers forum until everybodies seen the fights.

Post #8   6/22/08 11:35:22AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,028-1,165
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
It's always been the case that if you don't want to know the results UK fans, you don't come on MMA playground until the event has shown on Bravo

Post #9   6/22/08 11:38:32AM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by moob

Posted by pdanke

I thought I'd explained that in my other reply - is it that difficult to comprehend?

I've actually seen the event anyway, I'm merely making a point about a rule that the admin went to substantial lengths to illustrate and enforce over the past few days, it's just a shame that such simplicity is lost on a number of posters, as it spoils it for a large number of fans who don't have earlier access to the shows like I, and a few others, do.

Post #10   6/22/08 11:47:02AM   

Vendetta

MMA Regular

Vendetta Avatar

Career:719-395
Camp: SSU Combat Club
Chips:
Great for him. I'm a big Hazelett fan.

Post #11   6/22/08 12:12:08PM   

mictlantechutli

MMA Regular

mictlantechutli Avatar

Career:660-408
Chips:
You can watch the fight for free on ufc.com It's pretty sweet too. Go Hazelett!

Post #12   6/22/08 1:02:07PM   

xposipx

go vegan

xposipx Avatar

Career:2,839-1,573
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
How is posting the results of a non-televised fight a spoiler anyways? What exactly did you come to this site for today if you weren't looking for results? Probably subconscious...but it's common sense.

Post #13   6/22/08 1:09:52PM   

mictlantechutli

MMA Regular

mictlantechutli Avatar

Career:660-408
Chips:

Posted by moob

I thought I'd explained that in my other reply - is it that difficult to comprehend?

I've actually seen the event anyway, I'm merely making a point about a rule that the admin went to substantial lengths to illustrate and enforce over the past few days, it's just a shame that such simplicity is lost on a number of posters, as it spoils it for a large number of fans who don't have earlier access to the shows like I, and a few others, do.

Yes, it's so difficult to understand. You're so much smarter than everybody else. That's why you came to this website today. You're so smart that you didn't want to see the results of last nights event, so you went to a website where you knew everybody would be discussing it. Genius.

Post #14   6/22/08 1:13:51PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by xposipx

How is posting the results of a non-televised fight a spoiler anyways?

you have a very good point. now lets hear someone complain about a spoiler when the US market didnt even get to watch it..

Post #15   6/22/08 2:11:45PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2