Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

15 Fights that every MMA Fan should see - A list that I compiled

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,670-1,435
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Hey, for those new Fans looking to watch some exciting Fights and learn some stuff about MMA, here's a list of Fights that I personally love watching. I'll try to explain the Fights without trying to Spoil the Endings.

Joe Doerksen vs Denis Kang

Now, if you want a Fight with Standing Knockdowns and Great Technical Jiu Jitsu then this is the Fight to watch. Right when the Bell sounded Joe landed a Punch that dropped Kang. I'm not saying this Fight was as exciting of a Stand Up Battle that Frye vs Takayama was but it was Great to watch.

Frank Shamrock vs Enson Inoue

Right on the Sound of the Bell these guys Threw Down, nobody was backing down until Frank landed that knee that crushed Enson. After seeing his brother go down, Egan ran into the Ring and Threw Shamrock onto his head. Talk about a crazy ending.

Forrest Griffin vs Stephen Bonnar

Yeah, I going there ! If you like to watch Great Technical Fighting and Stand Up, then this isn't your kind of Fight. Some say that this single Fight alone revived MMA. I remember watching this and I was like Wow ! That's a lot of blood until I saw this next Fight.

Steve Berger vs Peter Jakaczynski

Griffin vs Bonnar's blood War was nothing compared to this Fight, Right from the beginning round, Steve broke Peter's nose and was absolutely Pounding his face into hamburger meat. They were throwing down every minute of that Fight. And it was Cool to see Peter reset his nose every Round.

Don Frye vs Yoshihiro Takayama

Right when I saw the Staredown of this Fight I knew I was in store for a hokey Fight. And that's what I got. They were sort of doing a rape choke standing and just Pounding each other. It looked like Don was landning the better shots but Takayama fired back every time.

Royce Gracie vs Kazushi Sakuraba

90 Minutes of Fighting ! Are you F-ing Kidding me ! No and I wasn't bored at all watching this Fight. It was Epic as this Fight was Royce true test. His legs were being torn up by Saku and by the end of 90 Minutes, he couldn't walk. This was the Fight were Saku was named " The Gracie Hunter ".

Josh Barnett vs Big Nog

This Technical Ground Battle was a Treat to watch,the scrambles were Great, the Submission Attempts were Awesome and it really was a Great Fight that I like to watch a lot.

Eddie Alverez vs Hellboy Hansen

When I saw Eddie land that 1st Right Hand, Hellboy was like Game on and that's exactly what happened. Eddie continues to Best Hellboy Standing but the Armbar Attemptts from Hellboy were very close and you could see that they were tight just by looking at Eddie's Teeth.

Dan Henderson vs Wanderlei Silva 1

This Fight was an All out Brawl, Wandy was going for Stomps and Soccer Kicks and Dan was Countering. It was definatlely back and forth but Wandy was landing the better punches.

Royce Gracie vs Kimo Liopoldo

I really like this Fight for one reason, the dominance of Royce. It was a Bonus getting to see Royce pull on Kimo's pony tail. This was Riyce Biggest Test besides Severn in the early UFC days.

Josh Barnett vs Hidihiko Yoshida

This Fight was Great for many reasons, From the Punches from Yoshida to the Suplex from Josh, and the Submission Toe Hold Attempts from both Fighters. This was a Really Fun Fight to watch.

Ed Herman vs Kendall Grove

Now what made this Fight Great was the Submission Attempts from both men, I was Screaming when Kendall had the Rear Naked in and Ed refused to give up. It was a close Fight to call and a Great Fight to watch.

Cung Le vs Frank Shamrock

I liked this Fight because it was Funny to watch Frank get Kicked in the Face for 3 Straight Rounds. No, but really it was the back and forth combinations between the Fighters. At 1 Point, Frank had Cung Rocked, but then Cung hit Frank Right back.

Mirko Cro Cop vs Wanderlei Silva 2

I liked the Stand Up battles of this Fight, when Wnady would land a Flurry of Punches Mirko would land that Straight Left which messed Wandy's eye up. From there it was all Mirko and it was Awesome to see him land that Left Hight Kick.

Clay Guida vs Roger Huerta

The Takedowns and Ground and Pound by Clay in this Fight is Sick, he was just Tooling Roger until the 3rd Round where they both landed Hard Punches but Roger's lead to a Fight Ending Rear Naked Choke.

Tell me what you Think

Post #1   6/20/08 4:33:57PM   

Cdellorso

In Full Mount

Cdellorso Avatar

Career:647-447
Camp: Wild Wind
Chips:
amir vs CB 1

Post #2   6/20/08 4:49:37PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
Good List....-however i'd like to add to that list

Fedor Emelianenko Vs Big Nog 1

Joachim Hansen Vs Yves Edwards

Post #3   6/20/08 4:51:51PM   

gravy13

Standup Guy

gravy13 Avatar

Career:347-224
Chips:
Matt Hughes vs Frank Trigg 2 was pretty killer. How Hughes turned the tide from getting his ass beat to handing Trigg his ass.

Also, Huerta vs Garcia was a pretty epic battle.

Post #4   6/20/08 5:04:20PM   

gamez0932

MMA Regular

gamez0932 Avatar

Career:408-303
Chips:
Roger Huerta vs. Leonard Garcia
Wanderlei Silva vs. Chuck Lidell
Nate Diaz vs. Rob Emerson
Miguel Torres vs. Yoshira Maeda

Post #5   6/20/08 5:05:05PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Great list!!!

While I couldn't say that any of those fights don't deserve to be on there I would like to say that MANHOEF vs CYBORG is a fight that is pretty easily forgotten when thinking about these things, and was a classic loser-eats-soup-for-a-month sluggfest

Post #6   6/20/08 5:09:12PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
There was a fight that lasted 90 minutes? Royce vs. Saku?

Post #7   6/20/08 5:28:08PM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,252-833
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:
These recent ones were pretty damn good too

Diaz vs. Gomi
Liddell vs. Silva
Torres vs. Maeda
Huerta vs. Garcia
J-Rock vs. War Machine
Scott Smith vs. Pete Sell
Scott Smith vs. Nate Quarry
Scott Smith vs. Robbie Lawler
Faber vs. Pulver
Any recent Clay Guida fight

Last edited 6/20/08 5:34PM server time by Lord_Lenny
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   6/20/08 5:30:47PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by chickmagnet

There was a fight that lasted 90 minutes? Royce vs. Saku?

yea, the rules were made by the Gracie family, which included no time limit, no stand up if the fight is on the ground etc....alot of people thought this was absurd, but Saku accepted and beat Royce with his own rules, fight was stopped when Royce's corner threw in the towel.

Post #9   6/20/08 5:40:16PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,670-1,435
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Great list!!!

While I couldn't say that any of those fights don't deserve to be on there I would like to say that MANHOEF vs CYBORG is a fight that is pretty easily forgotten when thinking about these things, and was a classic loser-eats-soup-for-a-month sluggfest

Oh God Yes ! How did I forget that ! Props

Post #10   6/20/08 5:44:55PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,550-909
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
How could no one mention Big Nog VS Herring fight one.

That is the best match I have ever seen in my life.

Post #11   6/20/08 6:19:30PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,177-636
Chips:
Great list man
I'm glad you put the Grove vs Herman, that fight def. doesn't get the recognition it deserves. Herman not giving up at the end was icing on the cake.

Couple add ons:

Matt Hughes vs. B.J. Penn II
BJ did what no other fighter seemed to be able to do at the time, and that was stop Hughes' take downs. BJ almost tapped Hughes in the second. BJ, I thought, was clearly dominant the first two rounds. BJ was gassed going into the third round, and it was down hill for him from there. Hughes ended it with a crucifix. If Hughes would have lost this fight, history would without a doubt be changed. Hughes wouldn't be recognized as the greatest WW in history due to 2 losses to Penn (Roles may have been reversed.) This IMO was the most important fight in WW history.

Also have to agree with the other person who said Miguel Torres vs Yoshiro Maeda
I have to admit this was the first Bantam weight match I saw live, and I am now a huge fan of the division. This was without a doubt the most fast paced, action pack fight I have ever seen. When the fight hit the ground, there was no resting, just constant action. Great stand up and great JJ.

Post #12   6/20/08 6:51:55PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Just off the top of my head:

Fedor/CC
Fedor/Nog1
Penn/Hughes2
James Thompson/Don Frye