Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

James Irvin Fans

Print  
Do you want James Irvin to win?
YES 26 36%
NO 46 64%
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
His takedowns are good, but his ground game sucks pretty much IMHO. Their's no doubt in my mind if he didn't break his leg, Thiago would have subbed him anyways in about 30 seconds.

But he can hang with ANYBODY on the feet just because his striking is very good, but Anderson I think will just be too accurate and once he gets Irvin's timing down and figures him out after a slow start, he should finish him with strikes late in the 1st or in the 2nd.

Post #16   6/21/08 12:12:58PM   

StriderXero

Standup Guy

StriderXero Avatar

Career:88-80
Chips:
I think anderson does win the fight but not my TKO. I think it'll be by UD. That is of course if Irvin has the gas tank. As crazy as it sounds I dont think Silva would want the clinche with this guy. I see Irvin as too strong for Silva to be in the clinche with. Silva will probably keep his distance and pick him apart from there. Irvin, I think will be the first guy Silva doesn't finish in the UFC. But Silva I think will win hands down.

Post #17   6/21/08 1:29:27PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

His takedowns are good, but his ground game sucks pretty much IMHO. Their's no doubt in my mind if he didn't break his leg, Thiago would have subbed him anyways in about 30 seconds.

But he can hang with ANYBODY on the feet just because his striking is very good, but Anderson I think will just be too accurate and once he gets Irvin's timing down and figures him out after a slow start, he should finish him with strikes late in the 1st or in the 2nd.

So your telling me that out of 18 fights the guy gets subbed once and now he sucks on the ground??

Kind of a remark if you ask me.....

and you show your smarts by assuming that out of 2 fighters with 20 KO's between them the fight would have went to the ground....

But anyhow, WAR-SANDMAN

KO round 1

Last edited 6/21/08 1:35PM server time by Kracker_Jap
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   6/21/08 1:34:53PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
i say i dont want irvin to win, but i'll prolly find myself pulling for him if he shows he can hold his own

Post #19   6/21/08 3:18:48PM   

Kastro

Standup Guy

Kastro Avatar

Career:474-316
Camp: The Tactical Underground
Chips:
Anderson Silva hasn't faced a great striker for a while.. Franklin is somewhat of a good striker but not on Irvin's level..

I am excited for this fight and have some sort of feeling that Irvin is going to come out on top.. I might be betting some cash on this seeing how he will be a huge underdog..

Cant wait to see what happens with these two, gonna be a good fight ill tell ya that much!

Post #20   6/21/08 3:26:25PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by NatedawgThaM

So your telling me that out of 18 fights the guy gets subbed once and now he sucks on the ground??

Where did I say this fight would end up on the ground? I said nothing about the ground except for Irvin hasn't proved to be any good their except with his takedowns when that really has nothing to do with being on the ground except getting you their. The name calling isn't necessary.

But that's a good argument, but if you looked at the guys he's fought, you'll know why. Who really has he faced with a good ground game? The three guys that could sub him, Southworth that was a NC, the Cane fight was a DQ when he was about to get KTFO, and Bonnar who DOMINATED HIM on the ground who isn't even known that well for being a ground guy. Like I said, his striking is great so he dominates almost anybody who isn't an elite striker. But he hasn't proven it doesn't until he survives a fight on the ground with somebody who can actually do something

Last edited 6/21/08 3:56PM server time by Natedawgtham
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   6/21/08 3:53:40PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Where did I say this fight would end up on the ground? I said nothing about the ground except for Irvin hasn't proved to be any good their except with his takedowns when that really has nothing to do with being on the ground except getting you their. The name calling isn't necessary.

But that's a good argument, but if you looked at the guys he's fought, you'll know why. Who really has he faced with a good ground game? The three guys that could sub him, Southworth that was a NC, the Cane fight was a DQ when he was about to get KTFO, and Bonnar who DOMINATED HIM on the ground who isn't even known that well for being a ground guy. Like I said, his striking is great so he dominates almost anybody who isn't an elite striker. But he hasn't proven it doesn't until he survives a fight on the ground with somebody who can actually do something

Your right name calling is not necessary this is not sherdog, I know better.... Sorry

but back to business, you led me to believe that the fight would go to the ground in 30 seconds and Thiago would sub him breaking his leg...

So I got all butt hurt cuz I saw the senerio differently.... The Sandman has came out and called himself a B level fighter because he does not have a big head and knows there is always room for improvement

Win or lose Jamse Irvin is a fighting dog and deserves a nuthuggery band wagon bigger than JT, Diaz and BJ combined IMO

I will lead, as soon as he shows all the fans in the world a fight is a fight and KO's Silva in the first round

Post #22   6/21/08 5:32:10PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by Mchubb316

I don't think Anderson will take him lightly. I like Irvin, he is an exciting fighter. Anderson should get the win, but I do think Irvin will test Anderson's chin.

Andersons chin was tested against Hendo. Hendo landed one right hand right on the button and didn't really phase Silva. If James lands more than one right hand I can see him dropping Silva. If I had to bet money I would definatly go with Silva but I want Irvin to win.

ok.. i'm a hendo nut hugger and hendo didnt het like he can hit.. i think silvas chin is a lil suspect.. not entirly.. but a lil.. i wanna see him get rocked then recover.. then i'll have a real opinion.. hendo couldnt do it.. i wonder if irvin can.. but i doubt it.

Post #23   6/21/08 6:35:46PM   

89vision

In Full Mount

Career:98-46
Chips:

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Your right name calling is not necessary this is not sherdog, I know better.... Sorry

but back to business, you led me to believe that the fight would go to the ground in 30 seconds and Thiago would sub him breaking his leg...

So I got all butt hurt cuz I saw the senerio differently.... The Sandman has came out and called himself a B level fighter because he does not have a big head and knows there is always room for improvement

Win or lose Jamse Irvin is a fighting dog and deserves a nuthuggery band wagon bigger than JT, Diaz and BJ combined IMO

I will lead, as soon as he shows all the fans in the world a fight is a fight and KO's Silva in the first round

avatar bet, i got silva you got irvin, how about it?

Post #24   6/21/08 6:38:36PM   

OchoCinco

MMA Regular

OchoCinco Avatar

Career:1,150-729
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Irvin is a good fighter with good stand up, but Silva is a great fighter with great stand up. Silva 1st rd KO!!

Post #25   6/21/08 6:47:59PM   

blkssncpt

MMA Regular

Career:434-334
Chips:
im an Irvin fan thru an thru and im picking him by KO.

Irvin has good stand up and a good sprawl but his ground/sub game isnt near Anderson's. that being said Irvin is a big 205'er and even tho Silva is the same hieght Irvin is naturely bigger at 205 and i think it will be harder for Silva to take him down. Irvin has good leg kicks and he throw them very hard so if he can catch him with a couple with-out Silva catching them and taking him down it's gonna be a long fight for Silva before he gets knocked out, but Silva is great at timing people so it defiantely gonna ba hard to do so. also i dont think Silva wants to clinch with him either, Irvin trains at fairtex in Thailand for his Muay Thai. if they were to clinch i think Irvin is to strong to stay there for long. if Anderson wants to win and make this one of his HL reel fights he will have to keep his distance and use his great accuracy to pepper Irvin and wear him down or to get the take down. still Irvin by KO in the 1st

GOD i cant wait for this fight, WAR SANDMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Rob

Post #26   6/21/08 8:03:03PM   

voodoo-jitsu

Banned

Career:189-114
Chips:
i would like to see them both get knocked out i dont like silva and i really dont like irvin

Post #27   6/22/08 4:30:16AM   

Purge

Standup Guy

Purge Avatar

Career:562-312
Chips:
Anderson will tear him apart.

Post #28   6/22/08 1:40:08PM   

Thunderfighting

MMA Regular

Thunderfighting Avatar

Career:184-111
Camp: Hancock County Top Team
Chips:
If Silva gets KO'ed by Irvin in the first round, or gets beat by him, i will retire......as a playground picker.

Post #29   6/22/08 2:41:30PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by jgtribbett

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by Mchubb316

I don't think Anderson will take him lightly. I like Irvin, he is an exciting fighter. Anderson should get the win, but I do think Irvin will test Anderson's chin.

Andersons chin was tested against Hendo. Hendo landed one right hand right on the button and didn't really phase Silva. If James lands more than one right hand I can see him dropping Silva. If I had to bet money I would definatly go with Silva but I want Irvin to win.

ok.. i'm a hendo nut hugger and hendo didnt het like he can hit.. i think silvas chin is a lil suspect.. not entirly.. but a lil.. i wanna see him get rocked then recover.. then i'll have a real opinion.. hendo couldnt do it.. i wonder if irvin can.. but i doubt it.

Hendo only landed one good shot in that fight, if hendo hit silva numerous times he wouldve dropped him. Irvins power can hang with anyones and can win this if he lands some hard shots.

Post #30   6/22/08 9:04:20PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4