Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Vera Ducked Machida ?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

A Brazilian magazine has claimed that Vera was offered a fight with Machida on July 19th and he turned it down.

LINK (anybody know a good translator?)

I can give a rough translation of the actual article:

Another Brazilian would be able to fight at UFC fight Night 14, created to beat out Affliction on July 19th, but his participation has been discarded. Dana White, the boss of the UFC, asked Machida, who comes off of a victory over Tito Ortiz at UFC 84, if he would fight Brandon Vera, and he accepted. But the return of Lyoto to the octagon will be postponed, because Vera, who lost to Werdum at UFC 85, did not accept the fight. "It is the truth. The UFC asked me if I wanted the fight with Vera, but Vera did not accept the fight," said Lyoto, who did not receive another proposal and will not fight in this event.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in my opinion, i do not think that it is fair to hate on Vera for not accepting this fight if you let Wandy off the hook for not accepting the fight with Vera. the reason is the same, there just isn't enough time for them to recover and to fight Machida after you just fought a month ago is a bad career move. i don't blame Vera at all for not accepting this fight and i don't see how any of you can either.

Last edited 6/20/08 1:09PM server time by jiujitsufreak74
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   6/20/08 1:05:08PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by MMAcca

A Brazilian magazine has claimed that Vera was offered a fight with Machida on July 19th and he turned it down.

LINK (anybody know a good translator?)

I can give a rough translation of the actual article:

Another Brazilian would be able to fight at UFC fight Night 14, created to beat out Affliction on July 19th, but his participation has been discarded. Dana White, the boss of the UFC, asked Machida, who comes off of a victory over Tito Ortiz at UFC 84, if he would fight Brandon Vera, and he accepted. But the return of Lyoto to the octagon will be postponed, because Vera, who lost to Werdum at UFC 85, did not accept the fight. "It is the truth. The UFC asked me if I wanted the fight with Vera, but Vera did not accept the fight," said Lyoto, who did not receive another proposal and will not fight in this event.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in my opinion, i do not think that it is fair to hate on Vera for not accepting this fight if you let Wandy off the hook for not accepting the fight with Vera. the reason is the same, there just isn't enough time for them to recover and to fight Machida after you just fought a month ago is a bad career move. i don't blame Vera at all for not accepting this fight and i don't see how any of you can either.

Nice work

Post #17   6/20/08 1:12:15PM   

crr420

Learning to Sprawl

crr420 Avatar

Career:1,324-933
Camp: Top 10 Team
Chips:
Where did you get this crap. I dont think Chuck or Forest would dodge anybody. Machida is a great fight and certainly a title contender but those two wouldnt dodge him.

Post #18   6/20/08 2:30:11PM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:1,004-606
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:

Posted by xchickox

it would be madness for him to take machida as his first fight at 205, its not like anderson silva is fighting a top level fighter in his move up to 205

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Although I don't know how much you can trust this atricle. Although if Vera fights Machida down the road I think he gets smashed.

Post #19   6/20/08 2:36:54PM   

89vision

In Full Mount

Career:98-46
Chips:

Posted by crr420

Where did you get this crap. I dont think Chuck or Forest would dodge anybody. Machida is a great fight and certainly a title contender but those two wouldnt dodge him.

however....they did, so, too bad

Post #20   6/20/08 6:46:19PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2