Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ronaldo Souza Vs Jason “Mayhem” Miller

Print  
Posted By Message

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
http://www.mmatko.com/ronaldo-jacare-souza-vs-jason-mayhem-miller-fight-video-dream-4/

My god, mayhem's submission defence is through the roof. I was amazed to see him roll around back and forth with one of the most talented submission fighters on the planet in Souza. Watching that fight, i actually thought that the decision should have gone millers way, i was quite stunned to see it unanimously go in the other direction declaring Jacare the clear 3-0 winner.

Jason miller really impressed me, i didn't know he is this calibre of a fighter. Top job done by him, i think he won that fight ...

Any thoughts ???

Cheers

Post #1   6/17/08 12:14:35PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
i was waiting to see if a thread like this would pop up and i'd begun to lose hope... I personally felt the same way, though my avatar might let on that i habe a bias. I thought Jacare did a really great job, but i also thought Miller took everything he had and kept coming delivering his own pushishment... im not saying Jacare didn't deserve to win because it was a really close fight, but i could have seen the decision going the other way or at least maybe a Split decision....

Post #2   6/17/08 12:32:50PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:
Yeah, it was a close fight. Yet, I gave the nod to Jacare because he had Jason on the defensive the whole first round and Jason only really turned it on in the 2nd round with his standup and Jacare finished off the last round with a takedown. It was a close fight though, props to Miller!

Post #3   6/17/08 2:42:50PM   

puppetmaster837

Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar

Career:216-132
Chips:
I thought Miller was gonna get subbed but he did a great job. But like Wolfman said he was on the defensive most of the time which doesnt get you points. Jacare had so many takedowns and sub attempts which i think won it for him.

Post #4   6/17/08 2:56:36PM   

Gipper

RIP Evan Tanner 1971-2008

Gipper Avatar

Career:214-126
Chips:
i think jacare won. very close fight. they both looked great.

Post #5   6/17/08 3:00:34PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:

Posted by wolfman

Yeah, it was a close fight. Yet, I gave the nod to Jacare because he had Jason on the defensive the whole first round and Jason only really turned it on in the 2nd round with his standup and Jacare finished off the last round with a takedown. It was a close fight though, props to Miller!

Ive always thought miller was awesome, but i think he performance really improved his stock with fans who didnt really rate him before this fight. It would be awesome if the ufc signed him, but im happy for him to be fighting against top competition in dream to. Jasons jits is top notch, and he can hold his own standing with most guys.

Edit - I definatly thought ronaldo won that fight, if it was a 10 point scoring system like the ufc use it would of been a draw imo, but that system would never work in 2 round fights, youd end up with way to many draws.

Last edited 6/17/08 5:17PM server time by aaronno9
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   6/17/08 4:28:34PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
Jacare won the fight because the way in which they judge in Dream is based off of the whole fight and declare the fighter who was trying to finish the fight more often the nod. i don't think Mayhem should have won, Jacare was throwing submission after submission at him and Mayhem had no offense in round one. pretty much, the first ten minutes where Miller trying to survive which isn't grounds for a victory. and, to close off the final round, Jacare had him in a choke so i really don't see how Miller could have won.

Post #7   6/17/08 4:48:08PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I think it's clearly the right decision, but he impressed me more than ever. Mayhem has a new fan.

Post #8   6/17/08 5:07:34PM   

tylerlee123

Standup Guy

tylerlee123 Avatar

Career:994-615
Chips:
Miller is the man his fight with GSP was spectacular, and he's only improving thats the greatest part about it

Post #9   6/17/08 5:43:05PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Jacare won the fight because the way in which they judge in Dream is based off of the whole fight and declare the fighter who was trying to finish the fight more often the nod. i don't think Mayhem should have won, Jacare was throwing submission after submission at him and Mayhem had no offense in round one. pretty much, the first ten minutes where Miller trying to survive which isn't grounds for a victory. and, to close off the final round, Jacare had him in a choke so i really don't see how Miller could have won.

Yeah, I like how Dream scores fights. The ten point must system is so flawed.

Post #10   6/17/08 7:24:38PM   

FrankTheTank1181

Standup Guy

FrankTheTank1181 Avatar

Career:1,487-880
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I agree it was a good fight, and Miller looked impressive. But like others have posted Jacare had Mayhem on defense for the majority of the fight. I think the judges seen the takedowns and fact that Jacare controlled the pace of the fight and scored it unanimously.

Post #11   6/17/08 8:13:05PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
Yeah- The decision victory was pretty obvious in my book. but i've gotta say- I though Miller was nothing but a clown before this fight. That boy has some serious skills.

There was one spot in the fight that chapped my ass a little bit though: Jacare had a solid clinch and was setting up for a takedown when Miller clearly escapes by trying to crawl through the ropes. The ref sees Miller's body extended through the ropes almost to his midsection, and breaks them up to restart in the middle of the ring. That kind of left a sour taste in my mouth. I thought it was clear that Miller was gonna wind up on the ground, and used the ropes as his escape.

I don't know how the ring rules work, but I thought something like that should be as mush a foul as holding onto the ropes. it's also a solid argument for why MMA should be exclusively done inside the cage. Short of that, I loved the fight and thought the decision was obvious and correct.

Post #12   6/23/08 1:48:44AM