Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Liddell is open for anything - Article

Print  
Posted By Message

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,369-1,558
Chips:
Liddell is open for anything

good article from the boston herald about chuck..
talks about fighting rampage, cro cop, and other things about what he does

Post #1   2/27/07 8:50:22AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,400-860
Chips:
It's cool that a big name in sports (Sports Illustrated) is featuring Chuck (and more importantly, MMA). Nice read, thanks for sharing

Not sure what to think of Chuck vs CC though... don't get me wrong, Chuck is one of my 2 favorite fighters (the other is my poor Gomi ), but I think that the precision striking and nuclear warhead legs of CC might be Chuck's cryptonite.

Post #2   2/27/07 6:00:33PM   

joesmouta

Learning to Sprawl

joesmouta Avatar

Career:21-15
Camp: Bitch-Slap
Chips:
I'm afraid we have a situation brewing here. Chuck, who has earned a reputation as the most feared striker in the UFC, now faces a challenge to that title. Cro Cop is undoubtedly a force to be reckoned with. His power (leg kicks primarily) is staggering.
In my opinion, Chuck does not want to lose that reputation. The posibility led him to publicly challenge Cro Cop. I believe that Chuck wants the fight. He has the heart of a warrior. Cro Cop would definitely welcome the opportunity to fight him...he has already fought some of the best in the world at several weight classes.
The problem is this...
I'm afraid that Dana White will not let the fight take place. He now has the priviledge of saying that the TWO most feared strikers in MMA are in his organization; albeit, in two different weight classes.
For the sake of the fans, I sincerely hope that this fight takes place.
>fans would love it
>both fighters want it (I think)
>PPV sales would be unbelievable
>a question would answered

This is going to be good

Post #3   3/1/07 1:09:00PM