Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Walsall warrior to stay a welterweight

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,782-1,038
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Paul “Relentless” Taylor knows he could be headline-maker in the UFC lightweight division, but while he continues to finish on the right side of 15-minute wars like he did against Jess Liaudin, England’s Walsall warrior is happy to remain a welterweight.

There are some nicknames that just don’t ring true in The UFC. Rich “No Love” Clementi, Matt “handsome” Wiman…to name but two.

But then there are those nicknames that encapsulate the very essence of the fighter. Thiago “Pitbull” Alves, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson…Paul “Relentless” Taylor.

The 28-year-old has fought four times in The UFC, winning two, and losing the other two in Fight of the Night battles. Still, he remains behind a host of top names in the welterweight queue though. Time to drop down? Not on your life.

LINK

Post #1   6/14/08 6:15:44PM   

candynuts

Belt Contender

candynuts Avatar

Career:253-158
Chips:
I think I heard somewhere that Liaudin will be dropping to 155.

Anyway, I always enjoy Paul's fights and they are always exciting. His wrestling is not that great and a lot of 155ers like to wrestle. I do not think he could win the title at 170 but he is a very exciting fighter that could be a decent gatekeeper in the division.

Post #2   6/14/08 6:36:13PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,782-1,038
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by candynuts

I think I heard somewhere that Liaudin will be dropping to 155.

Anyway, I always enjoy Paul's fights and they are always exciting. His wrestling is not that great and a lot of 155ers like to wrestle. I do not think he could win the title at 170 but he is a very exciting fighter that could be a decent gatekeeper in the division.

Liaudin is dropping to 155, he posted it on his Myspace or something.

Even though i'm English and should defend it's fighters, i don't even think Taylor is good enough to be called the gatekeeper at LW. He is too one dimensional for my liking and if he wants to hang with the big boys he needs to work on his game A LOT.......

Post #3   6/14/08 6:39:21PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
He really needs to work his wrestling, he seems to be taken down almost at will. You cant argue with his striking though, its pretty top notch. Problem his faces at lw is theirs so many really good wrestlers, which is he weakness. I mean, its understandable his wrestling wasnt good at first, becouse theirs not many wrestling schools over here, but when you look at how much bispings wrestlings come on (rashad had a real hard time taking him down) and how much paul kellys wrestlings came on, you would of thought hed of improved by now.

Still, its always fun to watch him fight and ill usually root for him becouse hes exciting as hell. I hope he gets one more quality win, really works on his wrestling, then rematches davis or fights swick. Both would be wars.

Post #4   6/14/08 6:57:53PM