Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Guy Mezger on PRIDE and Worked Fights

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,738-1,026
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
From an interview with MMAyou.com:

MMAyou.com: Here’s a question from one of your fans that I thought was a really good question. Why did the Pride judges hate you so much?

Mezger: You know, I’ll tell you truthfully man, I wouldn’t play ball with them on certain things. They wanted me to do certain things that’s just not something that I’m gonna do. It’s against my, kind of my moral code and I think it pissed them off because I’m not gonna do some of the stuff that they wanted me to do

LINK

Post #1   6/12/08 1:33:15AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,804-1,005
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

MMAyou.com: Here’s a question from one of your fans that I thought was a really good question. Why did the Pride judges hate you so much?

Mezger: You know, I’ll tell you truthfully man, I wouldn’t play ball with them on certain things. They wanted me to do certain things that’s just not something that I’m gonna do. It’s against my, kind of my moral code and I think it pissed them off because I’m not gonna do some of the stuff that they wanted me to do

LINK

You should get a badge for the amount of news you post.

Post #2   6/12/08 1:38:02AM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by MMAcca

LINK

Post #3   6/12/08 2:17:39AM   

The-Don

Belt Contender

The-Don Avatar

Career:583-418
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by Pookie

Posted by MMAcca

LINK

Someone make this man a Newshound badge cause it is always good stuff as well... or at least very interesting to read....

Last edited 6/12/08 11:26AM server time by the-don
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   6/12/08 11:25:56AM   

DaBeatdown

MMA Regular

DaBeatdown Avatar

Career:981-654
Camp: Knee's
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by MMAcca

LINK

He's just pimping his website, kinda pathetic if you ask me

Post #5   6/12/08 2:51:01PM   

VictimSix

MMA Regular

VictimSix Avatar

Career:89-62
Chips:
Mezger had some bad sd's against him in pride. Shame. I always liked Mezger, reminds me of a "what could have been" story because he was a pretty well rounded guy that just couldn't catch a break. And had a fantastci war against Wand.

Post #6   6/12/08 3:25:59PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DaBeatdown

Nobody did ask you.

But just for the record, i am in no way involved/affiliated with that website or responsible for any of it's articles.

It's just a good website with some interesting stuff on it.......

Post #7   6/12/08 3:47:54PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by DaBeatdown

Nobody did ask you.

But just for the record, i am in no way involved/affiliated with that website or responsible for any of it's articles.

It's just a good website with some interesting stuff on it.......

Talk about making an ASS out of yourself, for ASSuming that these articles are from HIS website.

Post #8   6/12/08 3:52:43PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Pretty good find. Haven't other guys complained about that kind of thing before or was it just rumors?

Post #9   6/12/08 5:13:34PM   

breakdown5

MMA Sensei

breakdown5 Avatar

Career:877-464
Chips:
There have always been rumors of some shady stuff going down in Japan so Mezger's statements don't really surprise me.

Post #10   6/12/08 7:28:45PM   

missypie

MMA Regular

missypie Avatar

Career:991-569
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Pretty good find. Haven't other guys complained about that kind of thing before or was it just rumors?

Guys like Rampage came out and said they were offered money to throw fights. It seems fairly obvious that there were quite a few fixed fights in Pride.

Post #11   6/12/08 7:58:28PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by missypie

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Guys like Rampage came out and said they were offered money to throw fights. It seems fairly obvious that there were quite a few fixed fights in Pride.

He wasn't offered money to throw them, he was offered money to be wreckless and either kill or be killed.

Post #12   6/12/08 8:13:06PM   

missypie

MMA Regular

missypie Avatar

Career:991-569
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by missypie

Posted by Boo_Radley21

He wasn't offered money to throw them, he was offered money to be wreckless and either kill or be killed.

He said he got offered money to lose by submission in certain rounds. I could be remembering wrong, but I'm fairly certain. Either way a lot of sketchy offers went down there.

Post #13   6/12/08 9:55:15PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Mezger just changed what he said in a new interview.

Post #14   6/12/08 9:57:09PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Chips:

Posted by missypie

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Mark Kerr has talked about it too.......

Post #15   6/13/08 12:12:45AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2