Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White Refutes N.Y. Regulation Is Topic Of "Big Announcement"

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,732-1,514
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
As we previously reported, UFC President Dana White made a guest appearance yesterday on CNBC's "Power Lunch" to announce a merchandising deal with JAKKS. During the interview White took time to publicly address rumors that are swirling around the internet involving another big announcement that the UFC has planned for next Tuesday - stating that Floyd Mayweather will not be signing with the UFC, the company will not go public, Vince McMahon will not buy out the Fertitta's and the UFC will not be shown on free TV anytime soon. (Click here to watch the interview)

The nature of the UFC's big announcement has remained secret, but White has boasted that the announcement will reveal MMA's direction over the next five years. Fans and insiders have speculated about the nature of the announcement and a variety of plausible scenarios have surfaced; all from "reliable sources", all appear legitimate and all of this speculation greatly benefits the UFC.

After EliteXC's mainstream success and Affliction signing or partnering up with every big name tough guy out there, including business mogul Donald Trump, is it possible that White and Co. floated a number of these rumors to in order to drum up some interest and get the conversation back onto the UFC? While unlikely, it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility, and the fact remains that all of this speculation can only be good for the industry leaders.

White and the UFC appear to be getting such a kick, not to mention publicity, out of all of the speculation surrounding their impending press conference that they decided to let us all flail about a bit more by pushing back the day of the press conference from this Thursday to next Tuesday. Good business decision, bad for all of us grown-ups who had a tough time waiting for Christmas as kids.

Sam Caplin reported earlier today that he had revealed White's big surprise; an MMA New York sanction, but that was quickly shot down by White himself through German MMA reporter Oliver Copp. Apparently, White told Copp and other reporters in London that the big surprise would not be New York regulation. There you have it.

Link

Post #1   6/11/08 8:01:09PM   

beachbum7568

Learning to Sprawl

beachbum7568 Avatar

Career:1,106-624
Chips:
These next six days will be painful. I JUST WANT TO KNOW ALREADY!!!!!!

Post #2   6/11/08 8:56:05PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:1,996-1,112
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
meh, keeping us in the dark is getting old IMO. I'll probly forget about it in about an hour then remember next tuesday (or thursday whatever it is now) when its announced.

Post #3   6/11/08 9:37:55PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,868-1,068
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

meh, keeping us in the dark is getting old IMO. I'll probly forget about it in about an hour then remember next tuesday (or thursday whatever it is now) when its announced.

I wish it was that easy...

Post #4   6/11/08 11:12:51PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
im hoping it's not something that is just stupid. i mean if he is pushing back the date, i mean it better be something effing mind blowing!

Post #5   6/12/08 12:11:00AM   

snakeplissken

Standup Guy

snakeplissken Avatar

Career:1,689-1,186
Camp: BAMMA UK
Chips:
I think Dana may finally be revealing who shot JFK.

Post #6   6/12/08 4:42:45AM   

Focker101

MMA Regular

Focker101 Avatar

Career:1,394-777
Chips:
It is probably that whole thing where he is going to take all the welterweights and up and move them from the WEC to the UFC

and move all the lightweights to the WEC or something like that

Post #7   6/12/08 1:33:54PM   

Red-Dragon

In Full Mount

Red-Dragon Avatar

Career:337-201
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:
Jenna Jameson told me that the big anouncement is that Tito is going to co-promote with the UFC

Post #8   6/12/08 3:02:38PM