Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 86 Preview Video: Jackson vs Griffin

Print  
Posted By Message

kastro_316

Banned

Career:-
Chips:
DreamFighters.com

Official UFC 86 preview video, as Quinton Jackson and Forrest Griffin are set to square off!

Post #1   6/11/08 11:36:07AM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
He didn't "tear through" Dan Henderson. He almost lost that fight and it could have gone either way..........sorry I'm still sour about that though.

Post #2   6/11/08 11:38:25AM   

Styles

Standup Guy

Styles Avatar

Career:373-223
Chips:
I see no reason for Forrest to lose this fight. He has way better ground game and he can endure Rampages stand-up. I say Forrest takes this one in the 4th round when Rampage is winded via/ armbar.

Post #3   6/11/08 12:12:44PM   

yofreakywasthere

Learning to Sprawl

yofreakywasthere Avatar

Career:358-233
Camp: Freaky
Chips:
I think Rampage is going to take this in the first round just like Jardine did. I am still not set on Griffin's win over Shogun, look like Shogun just got done getting wasted before he stepped into the octagon before he fought Griffin.

Post #4   6/11/08 12:24:50PM   

Wolf

MMA Regular

Wolf Avatar

Career:378-248
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
I'm so tired of everyone making excuses for the Shogun fight. Next you'll be telling me it was Shogun's knee. That's B.S. Forrest's shoulder was every bit as bad as Shogun's knee. Also for a guy with a "bad knee" he was doing an awful lot of shooting in. Forrest beat the guy, and no excuses are needed. If Forrest has a flaw it's that when he gets rocked he gets angry and comes forward instead of covering up. That's how he lost to Jardine. It wasn't a one punch KO. He got rocked and tried to keep trading. My bet is Forrest by late round sub as his cardio will be 10 times what Rampage's is.

Post #5   6/11/08 1:55:49PM   

billycarnage

In Full Mount

billycarnage Avatar

Career:300-165
Chips:

Posted by DevonFoxy

He didn't "tear through" Dan Henderson. He almost lost that fight and it could have gone either way..........sorry I'm still sour about that though.

Were it not for the belt I think Hendo had him beat.

Griffin can win but he has to be very elusive and not give in to any taunting he has to play it smart. He has all the tools he just needs to execute them. I want Forrest to win but Quentin is tough.

War Griffin!!

Post #6   6/11/08 3:35:04PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
I don't think Forrest has the tools to put Jackson away (although CB Dolloway submitted him like twice in the same day). Jackson's only submission loss came back in 2001 to (my favorite) Kazushi Sakuraba. So I find it hard to believe that Forrest can submit him.

He doesn't have the power of Wanderlie or Shogun either. I think he would have to ovrwhelm Jackson with a barrage and that just isn't going to happen either.

Jackson by 3rd round TKO.

Post #7   6/11/08 11:36:49PM   

scpd400

MMA Regular

scpd400 Avatar

Career:1,743-1,207
Camp: Team Topaz
Chips:
Griffin will win. He has the best cardio of all. He will tire Jackson out and Jackson will be submitted it the third via rear naked choke. Thats just my opinion.

Post #8   6/12/08 10:08:07AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,959-1,091
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I cannot plausibly see Rampage losing this fight if he shows up at top shape.

Rampage is hard to submit, he doesnt gas, has an iron chin, and has immense power with accuracy behind it.

Forrest has good bjj - but not great, he doesnt have any real ko power, and has very little head movement.

Where can he beat him at?

Post #9   6/12/08 9:15:15PM   

Wolf

MMA Regular

Wolf Avatar

Career:378-248
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

I cannot plausibly see Rampage losing this fight if he shows up at top shape.

Rampage is hard to submit, he doesnt gas, has an iron chin, and has immense power with accuracy behind it.

Forrest's cardio is light years ahead of Rampage's. He will push a frantic pace the whole fight the likes of which Rampage has never seen. I defy you name a fighter he has faced and beaten that will push the pace on him like Forrest will.

Forrest has good bjj - but not great, he doesnt have any real ko power, and has very little head movement.

Where can he beat him at?

What do you have to defend he has "good bjj - but not great?" Forrest is actually a REALLY good purple who likes to stand. His BJJ is especially well suited to MMA. He has a strong guard and very good butterfly. He's also got good hip movement. He is also significantly larger than Rampage.

Post #10   6/13/08 8:25:35AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,572-930
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Does Rampage have an injury or something?

I have noticed on I believe the first episode of TUF,and the last one were they were playing Basketball,he seems to almost be limping around the place.On the first episode were he walks to his car he seems to be limping,and also while playing basketball.It doesn't look like he's been doing a whole lot of intensive training with his team either.Am I just blind,or has anyone else noticed this as well?

Did Rampage have an injury during taping they haven't mentioned,or did they mention it and I just missed it?

Post #11   6/13/08 8:33:50AM   

kaskd

MMA Regular

kaskd Avatar

Career:1,207-662
Chips:

Posted by Styles

I see no reason for Forrest to lose this fight. He has way better ground game and he can endure Rampages stand-up. I say Forrest takes this one in the 4th round when Rampage is winded via/ armbar.

He has a better jiu jitsu game, but come on no reason for Forrest to lose this fight? I want Forrest to win too, but i gotta admit he's lacking in a lotta departments. His power is not nearly up to snuff to KO Jackson, Jackson hasn't been submitted in ages (and that one submission was to Sakuraba, who i will argue has a better sub game than Forrest). I will concede that Jackson hasn't gone against a submission fighter in a while though. and why is everyone questioning Jackson's cardio? Yes, Forrest has amazing cardio, but Jackson's cardio isn't a joke.

Anyway his cardio won't come into question. Rd 2 Jackson wins by KO. I would say 1, but i think Forrest's gameplan will have him avoiding for a long time.

Post #12   6/13/08 4:52:42PM