Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Could Crush Affliction, Put Brock Lesnar on Spike vs. Fedor Emelianenko on PPV

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MondayNiteMauser

Standup Guy

MondayNiteMauser Avatar

Career:888-565
Camp: M Town Hard Hitters
Chips:
They aren't going to take brock of 87...He's fighting in his hometown.

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #16   6/10/08 3:55:47PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:
So you are going to make another event keep 87 on 8-9-08 but move herring lesnar to the new card on the 19th of july. Alot of work to do in one month and also I would still buy the affliction card and DVR the free UFC card. Anyone who is really a fan of MMA would be doing the same thing.

Not to mention when you go out to the bar and everyone knows you as the guy who watches all the fights how many times are you asked who is going to win a fight that the person thinks is coming up but really happened last week? I know it happen to me alot.

Being from Pittsburgh The pens were playing during the Saturday night CBS card no one in the bar even knew it was on. I had them change the station during intermission. I don't see the UFC being albe to promote a new card in just over a month.

What may seem like a good idea would turn out to be a mess.

Post #17   6/10/08 3:59:59PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:

Posted by postman

So you are going to make another event keep 87 on 8-9-08 but move herring lesnar to the new card on the 19th of july. Alot of work to do in one month and also I would still buy the affliction card and DVR the free UFC card. Anyone who is really a fan of MMA would be doing the same thing.

Not to mention when you go out to the bar and everyone knows you as the guy who watches all the fights how many times are you asked who is going to win a fight that the person thinks is coming up but really happened last week? I know it happen to me alot.

Being from Pittsburgh The pens were playing during the Saturday night CBS card no one in the bar even knew it was on. I had them change the station during intermission. I don't see the UFC being albe to promote a new card in just over a month.

What may seem like a good idea would turn out to be a mess.

I agree with you for the most part but if you choose to watch a free UFC event over this Affliction card (as great as it is) it doesnt mean your not a 'real' MMA fan. Believe me I want to see this card but there are alot of people such as myself who cant shell out 50 bucks to watch it and a free card on spike would give you your MMA fix for free and you could always check out the Affliction card for free on the net the next day (yeah its a little shady but I do it )

Actually I'm so broke I dont have dish or a DVR.....is there anyway the Playground can unite for a good cause and donate to the "Jakeiceman needs a DVR fund" ????

Last edited 6/10/08 4:10PM server time by jakeiceman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   6/10/08 4:06:40PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:757-423
Chips:
As for donations.......No. Lol but good try. But your right about the Money being a Issue. I more ment if you had your pick (and you had the extra 50) what card would you watch. I should have picked my words better. In no way did I mean to suggest that if you didn't buy that fight you wern't a true fan. But if you could pick between the two the Lesnar fight or the Fedor fight, and you pick Lesnar I have to question your status as a MMA Fan. I do want to say that none of this is a knock on Lesnar he may turn out to be a great fighter and I wish him the best.

Post #19   6/10/08 5:44:00PM   

Red-Dragon

In Full Mount

Red-Dragon Avatar

Career:337-201
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:
Whatever happens I hope Affliction is successful. The more good orgs the better for MMA fans.

Post #20   6/10/08 5:57:13PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
The ufc card is great , the affliction card is great....... as an mma fan I have a huge problem with ufc doing this. The fans get screwed here.......I doubt they will do this how can they just move a show......logistically it seems like bullshit.

Post #21   6/10/08 6:59:40PM   

RampageOwnedYou

Banned

RampageOwnedYou Avatar

Career:493-284
Chips:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!???

Brock couldnt beat Mir, but he should fight Fedor ( the top heavyweight of all time)?
Give me a break. Brock has no chance vs him, and i think Brock and Kimbo should be put on the same line as good but not good enough. Too much hype on these guys and its a joke, especially to the guys who have earned their name. These guys have earned their name the wrong way, and its sad.

Post #22   6/10/08 7:47:16PM   

thatfedorsohotrightnow

banned

Career:142-108
Chips:

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!???

Brock couldnt beat Mir, but he should fight Fedor ( the top heavyweight of all time)?
Give me a break. Brock has no chance vs him, and i think Brock and Kimbo should be put on the same line as good but not good enough. Too much hype on these guys and its a joke, especially to the guys who have earned their name. These guys have earned their name the wrong way, and its sad.

You should reread the article, he is not calling for a Fedor vs Lesnar fight. Or perhaps read the article for the first time I suspect.

Post #23   6/10/08 10:29:38PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!???

Lol it's about the events going head to head.

Post #24   6/10/08 10:36:28PM   

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:2,303-1,485
Chips:
My wife is pissed do to the two good Shows next month (high cable bill) even if there was a SPIKE show I would Tivo that and watch these fights from affliction

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #25   6/11/08 12:39:35AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2