Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

New Dana interview-feb. 26th- " I'll have Fedor someday"

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
""I'm pissed off he didn't lose to Chuck," White said. "They threw away the biggest fight in MMA history. Not only are they No. 2, they're not the brightest bulbs on the porch, either."

This is true, not only with the Silva fight,but with the Gomi fight.They Probably saw Nick Diaz's record and thought he was a total "can",but didnt realize that Diaz had the perfect style to upset Gomi in his fuckin USA debut!!

Post #16   2/26/07 11:40:58PM   

Bountytaker

MMA Regular

Career:116-77
Camp: House of Granite
Chips:
I heard Dana has his pants specially made, just so his cajones can fit.....

The guys a character, that's for sure, and, IMO, absolutely GREAT for the sport.

Post #17   2/27/07 1:12:27AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
They mentioned Fedor's extension and I read somewhere it was for 4 fights. Plus the Bodog thing. That's 5, so it'll be at least a year and a half before he's available.

I know that PRIDEs HW division is deeper, but he's already fought everyone in PRIDE except Sergei and Barnett. After that, he might as well go to the UFC just for some fresh meat.

Thanks for the interview hippy. I was wondering if Dana saw the PRIDE show. He was in England, but I saw Joe Silva (UFC Matchmaker) in the crowd.

Last edited 2/27/07 1:43AM server time by manfred
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   2/27/07 1:41:40AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
The two organizations have been locked in a war of words lately, with PRIDE declaring its global dominance at its most recent show, a declaration Randy Couture took exception to.
"I was at the event and they took several shots at the UFC," Couture said. "I think if you have to tell everybody that you have the best fighters in the world, then you probably don't."

You can't go against Randy Couture, tells it like it is....haha...

Post #19   2/27/07 3:42:20AM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Diaz was cut by us because he lost so many times and he just beat Gomi who everyone thought was unstoppable and the best guy in that weight division. Not only did Nick Diaz beat him, but BJ Penn destroyed him

Funny... Dana was also one of the people who thought Gomi was the best and wished he could get him into the UFC. Now he jumps the bandwagon because Gomi lost.

Post #20   2/27/07 11:29:12AM   

uhlsc

Learning to Sprawl

uhlsc Avatar

Career:446-314
Camp: Cartersburg Fight Fans
Chips:
i remember a time when a whole lot of people on these forums were saying they'll (UFC) never get Cro Cop. well Money talks and bull$&#@ walks and we all know zuffa has the money for dana to throw around and the ability to make these claims happen

Post #21   2/27/07 4:53:53PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
cant stand dana

Post #22   2/27/07 6:04:01PM   

modogg

Learning to Sprawl

modogg Avatar

Career:308-202
Camp: Cobra Kai Skeleton Crew
Chips:
i was disapointed to see Dana take a cheap shot at Diaz (Look at Nick Diaz… Diaz was cut by us because he lost so many times and he just beat Gomi who everyone thought was unstoppable and the best guy in that weight division. ), but oh well.

anyway, i think Fedor coming here is very possible based on Pride's status. The rumors were rampant weeks ago about Pride being sold to various sources, and though it seems that it was more of a publicizing motive, i have to think there was some truth to it. Fedor does like to branch out and enjoys the small contracts, i could see another organization lure him over like EliteXC and them try to discuss an inter-organziational thing with the UFC. i think this is a very likely path and it will be interesting to see if Dana works deals with other U.S. promotions for events like this. It seems like a smart move for an upcoming organization to get themselves noticed more and be able to bring something to the table that UFC would want.

Post #23   2/27/07 9:35:02PM   

Nacho

MMA Regular

Nacho Avatar

Career:137-83
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Gomi was not over-hyped. He is still one of the best in the world in his weight class, but Nick Diaz was better in that fight and deserved to win. With that being said I think Gomi beats 7 out of 10 times.

Ok- But Diaz is batting 1000 right now.

Post #24   2/27/07 9:54:10PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2