Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

What do you think about luiz cane?

Print  
Posted By Message

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,830-1,011
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I like what ive seen of him. I think they should give him a striker next to really test how good his hands are.

Post #1   6/7/08 11:02:30PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
He looked very impressive, agressive striking, defenately looks promising.

I say give him Reljic, Maybe a rematch with Irvin. Also Someone like Soko isnt out of the question, also dont know why but i got a feeling they'll have him fight Jardine.

Last edited 6/7/08 11:09PM server time by juanez13
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   6/7/08 11:08:16PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I think i should have picked him to win, haha

Give him wilson gouveia, they both like to strike!!

Post #3   6/8/08 12:41:58AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Chips:
Id like to see him fight Thiago, or Rashad next. He'd make a good challenge to both Imo.

Post #4   6/8/08 2:48:47AM   

89vision

In Full Mount

Career:98-46
Chips:
picked him to beat irvin but irvin quit, i knew he had a huge reach in this fight and was going to finish it early, lets see how he does against a wrestler and deal with adversity, maybe a rashad fight or a thiago silva (those 2 have bad blood) or matt hamill, tim boetsch, sokoudjou

Post #5   6/8/08 4:27:29AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:796-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I think i should have picked him to win, haha

Give him wilson gouveia, they both like to strike!!

A fight with wilson is definitely something id be interested in seeing.

I think the ufc will try and build him up as a bad guy since he likes to talk so much smack, but as long as he keeps getting in their and smashing people, win or loose, ill like the guy. From when ive seen, he seems to have a pretty good ground game to. If he gets another impressive win, id like to see him fight Keith jardine.

Post #6   6/8/08 7:14:36AM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:

Posted by 89vision

picked him to beat irvin but irvin quit, i knew he had a huge reach in this fight and was going to finish it early, lets see how he does against a wrestler and deal with adversity, maybe a rashad fight or a thiago silva (those 2 have bad blood) or matt hamill, tim boetsch, sokoudjou

Let's see you get kneed in the eye socket and see how you take it....Seriously, if Cane had followed the rules Irvin wouldn't had to of "quit" as you say. I think it's wrong to say Irvin was faking or he quit. I'm tired of people saying he was faking, quit, or was acting....Cane should have not kneed him illegally in the first place.

Post #7   6/8/08 10:29:28AM   

89vision

In Full Mount

Career:98-46
Chips:

Posted by wolfman

Posted by 89vision

Let's see you get kneed in the eye socket and see how you take it....Seriously, if Cane had followed the rules Irvin wouldn't had to of "quit" as you say. I think it's wrong to say Irvin was faking or he quit. I'm tired of people saying he was faking, quit, or was acting....Cane should have not kneed him illegally in the first place.

point taken

Post #8   6/8/08 12:05:42PM   

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:2,384-1,742
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:
WHY?????????????????????

Jason, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IF YOU GET SHITCANNED, LIKE LUTTER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great perfonmance by Cane though

Post #9   6/8/08 12:18:10PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by wolfman

Posted by 89vision

A pal of mine who was there live for that fight said that although cane pulled back a little on the knee that it still landed hard.

Post #10   6/8/08 2:35:35PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by wolfman

Posted by 89vision

A pal of mine who was there live for that fight said that although cane pulled back a little on the knee that it still landed hard.

Oh no doubt, you could see that he appeared to pull back a little bit as if in a last ditch "Oh shit!" effort. Yet, in the replay you could tell it did land pretty hard as your friend eluded to.

89vision: Didn't mean to explode on you, but I've just been tired of seeing people on the boards say that Irvin was faking and what not.

Last edited 6/8/08 3:42PM server time by wolfman
Edit note/reason: typos

Post #11   6/8/08 3:42:08PM