Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Wandy's next fight still up in the air

Print  
Posted By Message

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Link

The rumors he's fighting Thiago Silva or Machida seem to be false.

Wanderlei Silva reinvigorated his fan base and appears to be catching the imagination of legions of new fans with stellar performances in each of his first two fights inside of the octagon. One, an instant classic; a back and forth battle with former light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell, and the other, a brutal first round knockout of the last man to beat Liddell, Kieth Jardine.

Internet bloggers and popular forums have been quick to muse about Silva's next opponent and it wasn't long before "confirmation" was coming from everywhere. One fan went as far as creating a fake Wanderlei Silva myspace account and sent a bulletin stating that Silva would be fighting either Thiago Silva or Lyoto Machida. Other bloggers have "confirmed" that Silva will face Jardine's teammate and close friend, Rashad Evans. Still another source insisted that Matt Hamill was Silva's next opponent, though Fightline.com spoke directly with Hamill's representatives who flatly denied that a fight with Silva is on the table.

If any of this is true, it's certainly news to Silva and his camp who relayed the following to our friends over at Tatame:

“If they have mouth, they can talk. Nobody from UFC call us to talk about the next fight. Wanderlei is on vocations at Hawaii, I talked with him on the fone and there is nothing right for the next bout”, guaranteed Alejarra, denying the information.

So, for now, don't believe the hype. According to Silva himself it's likely that his next fight will be a rematch with Chuck Liddell or Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

Post #1   6/6/08 11:42:14PM   

Cdellorso

In Full Mount

Cdellorso Avatar

Career:647-447
Camp: Wild Wind
Chips:
people would love to see him fight lidell- HOWEVER
people just love to see him fight and he needs another good win before he gets a title shot- am i right??

Post #2   6/6/08 11:51:12PM   

clintjack

MMA Regular

clintjack Avatar

Career:851-536
Chips:
It should be

Wandy vs Machida

Thiago vs Rashad

Chuck vs Shogun

Sokoudjou vs Matt Hamill

Post #3   6/7/08 12:00:03AM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:

Posted by clintjack

It should be

Wandy vs Machida

Thiago vs Rashad

Chuck vs Shogun

Sokoudjou vs Matt Hamill

Looks good to me!

Post #4   6/7/08 12:09:53AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I kinda knew it was BS from the start, at least the Thiago Silva fight. Wandy is like a father figure to him, they love each other. Wandy is Thiago's hero, check his UFC.com profile. It just does not seem like a fight Thiago could handle mentally. It would be an absolutely sick fight which I couldn't pick the winner, fight of the year IMO. Hope it happens, but just not this soon. Thiago does not need to get thrown to the wolves just yet.

I hope Wandy does rematch Chuck. If he does like Rogan said during the whole first fight, and kicks Liddell, he will beat him like Jardine did. Punching will get him nowhere since Liddell has a much bigger reach. Then I'd like to see him fight Rampage again. Another sick war.

But it really don't matter who he fights, you know you'll get your moneys worth.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #5   6/7/08 12:12:59AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,738-1,026
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
''Wanderlei is on vocations at Hawaii''

Post #6   6/7/08 1:36:13AM   

cmill21