Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

EXCLUSIVE: Arlovski on UFC exit, Affliction entrance

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
It certainly has been a long time coming, but former Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight champion Andre Arlovski has found a new home.

Thursday, after months of heated speculation, Affliction finally confirmed what many fans already expected – Arlovski had signed up with the upstart promotion for its inaugural card “Banned” on July 19 in Anaheim, Calif.

The “TBA” facing Ben Rothwell is now a “Pitbull.” It’s bittersweet news for the former champ.

“I am excited,” Arlovski told MMAWeekly.com. “Also, I have mixed feelings – sad about leaving UFC and excited about my future.”

Arlovski and his management are mum about the details of the negotiation that led him to leave the UFC, but its clear that the industry-leading promotion could not offer Arlovski the dollar sign he required.

“My management and I did what we had to do to work out a new deal with the UFC,” he said. “But we also had to test the market. At the end of the day it's a business.”

If he had his choice though, Arlovski would have stayed with the company that made him a star.

“It is always my choice,” he continued. “I just had to evaluate everything on the plate, listen to the opinions of my advisors and make the decision. At this time I felt that based on everything this decision would be better for me. There are a lot of things that go into consideration.”

Arlovski maintains that his relationship with his former employers remains strong, and that the possibility of a return to the Octagon is not out of the question.

Link

Last edited 6/5/08 10:40PM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   6/5/08 10:34:42PM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:
AWESOME!!!!
God bless the man who signed him! I'v been so patient waiting for his next fight!

Post #2   6/5/08 10:38:09PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
here is the video of that interview

LINK

Post #3   6/5/08 10:39:35PM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by juanez13

LINK

Stupid none compatible with Mac sherdog! I saw this before when I was browsing about but the videos don't play for me!
I bet he looked handsome though! God bless that man and all the people lucky enough to get beat down by him!

Post #4   6/5/08 10:42:28PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Posted by juanez13

LINK

Stupid none compatible with Mac sherdog! I saw this before when I was browsing about but the videos don't play for me!
I bet he looked handsome though! God bless that man and all the people lucky enough to get beat down by him!

hope dailymotion works for you

LINK

Post #5   6/5/08 10:44:49PM   

SmileR

SmileR Avatar

Chips:

Posted by juanez13

hope dailymotion works for you

LINK

...........I love you......

They promised fights every three or four months!!! Thats his contract up in a year with Rothwell, Big Tim and maybe Fedor! I would quit my job, leave uni and travel to see both of those fights if they happen!
Also what a classy guy! You could tell that lady wanted him too.

Last edited 6/5/08 11:00PM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   6/5/08 10:46:52PM