Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mir's Coaches Revealed for TUF 8

Print  
Posted By Message

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
The Ultimate Fighter 8 features former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir and current interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira as the head coaches. Two of Mir’s assistant coaches have been revealed according to a report on Tatame.com. Rafael Alejarra will serve as strength and conditioning coach, while multiple time Brazilian jiu-jitsu champion Robert Drysdale will take on the role, of course, of jiu-jitsu coach.

LINK

I haven't watched a single episode of TUF 7, but i am telling you right now i will watch every single episode of TUF 8 if only to witness Robert Drysdale. for a JJ fan like me this season will be incredible. i get to watch 2 of the best JJ fighters in MMA and also one of the best pure JJ fighters there is. i am really stoked that Drysdale will be one of Mir's coaches

Post #1   6/5/08 2:19:17AM   

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
Should be an interesting season. HW's aren't known as a whole as ground fighters. This will be a great oppurtunity for some of the big brawlers, to become more well rounded and become complete fighters.

Post #2   6/5/08 2:22:18AM   

Vietnamese_Guy

Standup Guy

Vietnamese_Guy Avatar

Career:198-109
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
I think every Fighter would benefit by bringing an elite wrestler to train the guys

Post #3   6/5/08 2:27:05AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
Slight rant I guess- If you are considered by many as one of the top sub fighters in the heavier divisions in MMA WHYYYY would you put a top BJJ grappler on your team taking up space, funds, and a spot that could be a great striker or wrestler?

I have a feeling Nogueira's team will mop up Mir's team on this fact. Nogueira will have some beasty boxing and is a decent grappler I hear lol.

(random question) is there an organized database that holds grappler/ BJJ records like sherdog or boxrec does?

Last edited 6/5/08 2:29AM server time by seanfu
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   6/5/08 2:27:50AM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:
So it will be a heavyweight season?

Nevermind it's lightweigths and light heavyweights.

Last edited 6/5/08 2:29AM server time by roman
Edit note/reason: I'm Dumb and didnt read the entire post.

Post #5   6/5/08 2:28:28AM   

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Slight rant I guess- If you are considered by many as one of the top sub fighters in the heavier divisions in MMA WHYYYY would you put a top BJJ grappler on your team taking up space, funds, and a spot that could be a great striker or wrestler?

I have a feeling Nogueira's team will mop up Mir's team on this fact. Nogueira will have some beasty boxing and is a decent grappler I hear lol.

(random question) is there an organized database that holds grappler/ BJJ records like sherdog or boxrec does?

You have a point. He could have surrounded himself with a more diverse group of coaches.

Post #6   6/5/08 3:33:40AM