Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Why Gina Carano Should Be Forced to Make Weight

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Her undoubtedly impressive performance against Kaitlin Young (Pictures) this past Saturday night pushed her career mark to 6-0. For four of those six fights, Carano came in overweight. Against Julie Kedzie (Pictures) and Tonya Evinger (Pictures), Carano was a fraction of a pound over the one-pound allowance for 140-pound contests. Overweight, yes, but out of line? Debatable. However, this cannot make up for four and four-and-a-half pounds overweight Carano entered her bouts with Rosi Sexton and Young, respectively.

LINK

Post #1   6/5/08 1:07:38AM   

bustin_mma

Standup Guy

bustin_mma Avatar

Career:1,489-869
Camp: Kame House
Chips:
i dont think that you can make somone make weight if the second opponent agrees to the fight all you can do is fine the overwieght fighter and give it to the on weight fighter. although I agree that not makin weight is a very un-profesianal thing to do.

Post #2   6/5/08 1:24:23AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,411-771
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Well not making weight puts everyone in a bad position. Its not only disrespectful to everyone involved it also shows your lack of commitment. I think if she doesn't make weight her next fight they should fine her part of the purse and give it to her opponent. Also she should loss 1 point on the score cards for coming in over weight it thats simple till someone slaps her for doing it she will keep thinking its ok.

Last edited 6/5/08 3:08AM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   6/5/08 1:47:19AM   

SpiderSilva

Reminder: steelers suck!!!

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,855-1,155
Chips:
She has Fat girl arms

and big boobs

those two alone are hard for women to lose

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #4   6/5/08 2:32:31AM   

Vietnamese_Guy

Standup Guy

Vietnamese_Guy Avatar

Career:198-109
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
give me a night alone with her and i'll help her lose weight

Post #5   6/5/08 2:34:42AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

She has Fat girl arms

and big boobs

those two alone are hard for women to lose

i don't know if your joking but...

that is no excuse. if you are a professional fighter, it is your job to make the weight. it is a disgrace to show up this many times over weight, especially when it is a weight class designed for the sole purpose of you making wight. it is inexcusable and i am disgusted by it. i have absolutely 0 respect for Gina and i am just utterly appalled at her failure to make weight by 4.5 lbs after missing weight 3 previous times before that. the penalty for her next offense should be 1/2 of her purse, because 1/8 doesn't seem to be cutting it.

Post #6   6/5/08 2:40:57AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Fat b**** jj

She thinks she can get away with it and doesnt try that hard, she even uses that old gem of an excuse that girls always used at school to get out of PE (sports) that being "bad period pains"

She should clean the inside of a sauna for a few hours

Post #7   6/5/08 5:45:15AM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,554-840
Chips:
I had no idea that she's been over weight for all those fights already... I thought the CBS event was the first time. There is just no excuse for it. I was an uneducated Carano fan until Elite XC last weekend.

But, when you as the "woman's face of MMA" roll out of bed and show up to what was billed as the most important night in MMA history over weight, it is completly inexcusable. I had no idea that this had happened on other occasions.

Its a shame that she has faught and won all six of her bouts. That does nothing more then reinforce the notion that it's ok for her to just "show up" and she'll be given the opportunity to fight. I can't wait until she meets her match and loses. It would be nice to see how well she could bounce back, and what she's capable of when she puts in the time.

Until that point, I'd say that "Conviction" is probably the least accurate nickname in MMA.

Post #8   6/5/08 6:48:46AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
its not fair for one girl to have 4 lbs of extra muscle with no boobs and one to have 4 lbs of extra useless breast fat...there should be a rule for women since some must carry around extra useless bagage for a fight...maybe they should weigh Gina's boobs and let her come in that much heavier...

Fair fight if Gina comes in a little over weight if you ask me...

Post #9   6/5/08 9:05:46AM   

decken

Standup Guy

decken Avatar

Career:471-314
Chips:
What happens if the other fighter refuses to fight? Would the over weight fighter be DQ or what? From my wrestling experience if you didn't make weight that was an automatic win for the other team (unless a JV wrestler took the varsity spot).

If you do get DQ her next opponent(and all future opponents) should refuse to fight her. Then her perfect record would be ruined giving her extra motivation to make weight for the rematch.

It would also piss the promoter off. Which could be bad for both fighters.But if the promoter knows that no fighter will fight her unless she makes weight. I'm pretty sure she would make weight the next fight or not fight again.

Last edited 6/5/08 10:11AM server time by decken
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   6/5/08 10:02:03AM   

SpiderSilva

Reminder: steelers suck!!!

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,855-1,155
Chips:
yeah it was a joke but she really does have big boobs and fats arms see what Im saying

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #11   6/5/08 10:21:06AM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:
EliteXC is in a bind, because Carano's real fighting weight might just be 145. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of women fighters yet, and 135 might be the highest weight at which there's any depth. I don't think it's a given that she can make the weight.

Post #12   6/5/08 10:54:19AM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
Maybe she should quit the farce that is American Gladiators and concentrate on mma. Pick one or the other IMO. Either you wanna be a joke with AG or a professional with mma

Post #13   6/5/08 12:15:27PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
I'm sorry but it's a crock of shit. Gina doesn't make weight, gets slapped with a fine and then everything is ok. Travis Lutter doesn't make weight, loses his shot at the belt yet nobody ever lets it go. I'm not the biggest Travis Lutter fan and he really pissed me off with his performance against Rich, but it seems to me that everything is all good with Gina yet no matter what Travis will do in the future nobody will ever let it down.

Post #14   6/5/08 12:29:45PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,554-840
Chips:

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

I'm sorry but it's a crock of shit. Gina doesn't make weight, gets slapped with a fine and then everything is ok. Travis Lutter doesn't make weight, loses his shot at the belt yet nobody ever lets it go. I'm not the biggest Travis Lutter fan and he really pissed me off with his performance against Rich, but it seems to me that everything is all good with Gina yet no matter what Travis will do in the future nobody will ever let it down.

Not me my friend- I was completely floored the night of the young fight that this babydall couldn't take it seriously enough to make weight. My feelings were compounded even more when I learned that young had to put on weight for the fight.

Now I learn that this is a regular occurance for "Conviction". it's rediculous and inexcusible. She's less credible as a fighter to me than Lutter at this point. I'm rooting against her everytime out from now one. (That is unless she would happen to loose her top mid match. I'm right back on the bandwagon at that point )

Post #15   6/5/08 1:58:14PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2