Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Gomi vs Diaz pt2

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Hate to say I told ya so but being right about the Gomi fight was both elation and dissapointment. (me being a big gomi fan) If/when these two meet again Gomi will beat Diaz by decision. Im thinking it will be like Arielio/Gomi pt2.

I think these 2 will meet in the LWGP which btw looks like an awsome card.

I like gomi too, but IMO how in the hell do you think Gomi could even stand for 15 minutes, let alone pull off a decision?

Post #16   2/26/07 5:44:56PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
wow gomi loses and his whole world gets flipped upside down.. are people really forgettin what gomi has done and who he has beat? people are saying his win over sakurai was a FLUKE? is everyone gone insane? how would he stand for 15 minutes in a ring? has anybody seen the aurelio II fight (it went to decision)

this is absurd and i won't have any more of this.

Post #17   2/26/07 5:47:08PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

wow gomi loses and his whole world gets flipped upside down.. are people really forgettin what gomi has done and who he has beat? people are saying his win over sakurai was a FLUKE? is everyone gone insane? how would he stand for 15 minutes in a ring? has anybody seen the aurelio II fight (it went to decision)

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #18   2/26/07 6:12:47PM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

I agree everyone is acting like Gomi is a nobody like he hasnt done anything.saying that he cant stand?? are you kidding people he has 12 wins by decision.

Last edited 2/26/07 6:23PM server time by THE_AXE_MURDERER
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   2/26/07 6:22:30PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by loller90278

i lol'd
good one mate!

Post #20   2/26/07 6:44:33PM   

Buddharox

MMA Regular

Buddharox Avatar

Career:207-123
Chips:
I'd pick Gomi in a rematch. He looked like shit on Saturday and still managed to smash Diaz's face up. Doctor stoppage might have happened if it went longer because of the fractured orbital bone.

Gomi's got some crazy power. Can't wait for the rematch.

Post #21   2/27/07 4:05:58AM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,227-772
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by Buddharox

I'd pick Gomi in a rematch. He looked like shit on Saturday and still managed to smash Diaz's face up. Doctor stoppage might have happened if it went longer because of the fractured orbital bone.

HAHA...already looking forward to a rematch ...typical gomi fan.....a dr stoppage r u kidding me?? Gomi got DOMINATED on his feet by not a very great striker......deal with it quit makin excuses for the guy

Post #22   2/27/07 4:22:39AM   

Buddharox

MMA Regular

Buddharox Avatar

Career:207-123
Chips:
Who said I was making excuses? Diaz kicked his ass fair and square. In a rematch I don't see it going that way at all.

And an excuse would be Sakakibara saying Gomi didn't perform well because he was stressed.

Post #23   2/27/07 6:20:43AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
It was about as close to being stopped when Gomi looked like a drunk trying to catch a fly, swinging wild hooks in the air.

Post #24   2/27/07 9:58:31AM   

Dramacydal

Learning to Sprawl

Dramacydal Avatar

Career:288-164
Camp: Pound You Out
Chips:
I was surprised so many people thought Gomi was going to win. Did you all miss him getting owned by Aurelio?

Plus he had a broken finger. Not the biggest of injuries but probably hampered his training.

It was a no-brainer for me to pick Diaz. I thought the first round would be a stand-up war and Diaz would weather it as he has shown a decent chin against guys like Lawler and Riggs. Not to mention he technically he is a very good striker himself. It was a toss up for me whether to go for a judges decision or a sub, but went for the sub luckily.

In a rematch I would take Diaz by decision.

Last edited 2/27/07 11:23AM server time by Dramacydal

Post #25   2/27/07 11:22:25AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
All I know is that when Gomi and Diaz meet again it better be for the title and not for a GP. If it's in a GP then they're robbing Diaz from a title that he may well deserve because he is capable of pulling off an upset twice. I just hate it when Pride robs fighters of this oppritunity. What's the point of Gomi being a champion if he's not going to defend it? If the fight is a title defense I hope Gomi pulls it off, if it's not a title defense, I hope Diaz picks Gomi apart again.

And I know I'm not putting money down on the next time they meet.

Post #26   2/27/07 11:32:28AM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by Buddharox

HAHA...already looking forward to a rematch ...typical gomi fan.....a dr stoppage r u kidding me?? Gomi got DOMINATED on his feet by not a very great striker......deal with it quit makin excuses for the guy

Did you read what Buddharox even wrote? I guess broken face bones arent enough of a reason to stop a match....lol

And where in that phrase is there an excuse for Gomi?

Confused.

Post #27   2/27/07 12:59:11PM   

FutureLWchamp

Learning to Sprawl

Career:244-196
Camp: Stomp Em Out
Chips:
i got Diaz winnin a rematch

Last edited 2/27/07 1:11PM server time by futurelwchamp
2 total post edits

Post #28   2/27/07 1:06:42PM   

FutureLWchamp

Learning to Sprawl

Career:244-196
Camp: Stomp Em Out
Chips:

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

Posted by loller90278

I agree everyone is acting like Gomi is a nobody like he hasnt done anything.saying that he cant stand?? are you kidding people he has 12 wins by decision.

Gomi havin 12 wins by decision is not a very good stat to bring up in this situation IMO. if he is as good as u seem to think he should've stopped a few of those don't u think?

Post #29   2/27/07 1:08:00PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by Buddharox

Did you read what Buddharox even wrote? I guess broken face bones arent enough of a reason to stop a match....lol

And where in that phrase is there an excuse for Gomi?

Confused.

i didn't want to get into the middle of you guys's arguement, but I have to say, that I guess a broken face bone is not enough to stop a match, and I'm glad it turned out that way...

Nothing worse than a fighter winning a fight and having it called because of a cut / injury... That and I thought the 'plata to finish of the fight was fantastic...

With that being said, throughout the fight, Diaz broke Gomi down... Systematically, methodically, however you want to say it...

When Gomi hit him with that big right in the first and saw that it didn't finish Nick you could feel his dissappointment (props to Nick for taking that shot), and then Diaz just peppered away with all those combos, Gomi looked overwhelmed, exhausted, and completely beaten.

Post #30   2/27/07 1:22:06PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3