Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Why is Eddie Sanchez the FAVOURITE in picks but the UNDERDOG with wagers?!?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,380-1,274
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i still don't know who to pick, if hardonck keeps kicking him he will chop him down but don't count eddie out
could you imagine sanchez if he wins the fight he will be 4-1 in the ufc

best record for a heavyweight so far,
better than herring, kongo, noguierra that is crazy!!!!!!!!

Post #16   6/4/08 11:04:07PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
well this fight truly deserves to be a hot bout then because, contrarily, i think this is a gimme for Hardonk.

Post #17   6/5/08 2:21:56AM   

npayant

I've gained some weight...

npayant Avatar

Career:1,859-934
Chips:

But thats nothing to do with what we were talking about pookie The whole point is whoever has more people picking them should have worse wager odds but BOTH those fights are the wrong way around, im sure more people picked Werdum when these new odds came in which would explain that discrepancy but it should be updated, and the Hardonk fight was changed last week so the picks % was taken from a lower number and more may well have picked Hardonk then but now its swung 60/40 the other way and also should be updated

Any word on if the wagers are going to be updated???

As stated before... according to the pick % Vera is the favorite and so is Sanchez. Why doesn't this reflect in the wagers. There both Werdum and Hardonk are listed as favorites.

Is there a reason why? Did the way these are figured out change? I've always been told that is based on the pick % of this site (no matter what the actual betting line says).

Post #18   6/5/08 10:57:33AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Well thats what i said npayant, i think when these odds 1st came in the picks % was the other way around and they just havnt been updated

where are the mods???

i do remember 1 of them saying that they would have to shut down the site for a good 10 mins to update it so never really bothered in the past but i think they should for these odds!

Post #19   6/5/08 2:21:14PM   

npayant

I've gained some weight...

npayant Avatar

Career:1,859-934
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

Well thats what i said npayant, i think when these odds 1st came in the picks % was the other way around and they just havnt been updated

where are the mods???

i do remember 1 of them saying that they would have to shut down the site for a good 10 mins to update it so never really bothered in the past but i think they should for these odds!

Oh, I see. I was hoping to put a little money on Werdum if the odds were having him as the underdog... but I guess they won't be. I'm not saying I think he should be the underdog, just according to this site he is. And the real betting line... so who am I to say??

Post #20   6/5/08 2:28:42PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Well no you are right dude, he should be the slight underdog, and certainly not the favourite if ALL the real betting lines ive seen have him as a dog and over 60% on here pick Vera

MODS WHERE ARE YOU??????????????

Will it be updated?

Post #21   6/6/08 7:39:15AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,941-1,101
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Let me make this clear. We , none of us, spend all our time on the site. So we get to, what we get to, when we can. So calm down, its not the end of the world. Let me make this absolutely clear, this is NOT SOMETHING YOU HIT THE POST REPORT NOTIFACATION BUTTON FOR. That is for when people are breaking forum rules, and we need to delete, edit, etc. When i log on and have 25 e-mails, I need to sift through them. Having me waste time on this . when it is a low priority , irks me. Anyone of you please just e-mail me next time you have a question. No need to make a thread about it, especially since it's likely only I can answer your question. As for this , it is a algorithm that updates at a predetermined time. If it doesn't update by fight time, sorry. It has apparently updated now On the last EliteXC card the hotbout changed 3 times in 3 days, and people whined. I don't see why as I am not going to try " pick harder" on the hot bout. It only changes based on the data of peoples picks. I am not the sites programmer, nor would I think it a worthy enterprise to actually bug him about the time things update. They will update when they do, and thats just life. In the end we all have the same stats, and chances as eachother. A level playing field is the most important thing to me, and we all have the same field in the game.

Last edited 6/6/08 11:52AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #22   6/6/08 11:45:46AM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Let me make this clear. We , none of us, spend all our time on the site. So we get to, what we get to, when we can. So calm down, its not the end of the world. Let me make this absolutely clear, this is NOT SOMETHING YOU HIT THE POST REPORT NOTIFACATION BUTTON FOR. That is for when people are breaking forum rules, and we need to delete, edit, etc. When i log on and have 25 e-mails, I need to sift through them. Having me waste time on this . when it is a low priority , irks me. Anyone of you please just e-mail me next time you have a question. No need to make a thread about it, especially since it's likely only I can answer your question. As for this , it is a algorithm that updates at a predetermined time. If it doesn't update by fight time, sorry. It has apparently updated now On the last EliteXC card the hotbout changed 3 times in 3 days, and people whined. I don't see why as I am not going to try " pick harder" on the hot bout. It only changes based on the data of peoples picks. I am not the sites programmer, nor would I think it a worthy enterprise to actually bug him about the time things update. They will update when they do, and thats just life. In the end we all have the same stats, and chances as eachother. A level playing field is the most important thing to me, and we all have the same field in the game.

That was tight the HippySmacker just internet smacked some Hippies

Last edited 6/6/08 6:25PM server time by Kracker_Jap
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   6/6/08 6:25:01PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Mayhaps I will sell the wife and kids and just stay glued to the website. Everybody has the same odds. Sorry we can't change everything all the time, only some of things some of the time.

Peace and much love

Zep

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #24   6/8/08 1:44:21PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2