Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Why is Eddie Sanchez the FAVOURITE in picks but the UNDERDOG with wagers?!?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
I thought the wager odds were based on the picks on here? its around 60% picking Sanchex but he has the better odds at -105 with Hardonk at -125

Do wager odds ever get updated or is it solely dependant on the picks % when the new event comes in?

Last edited 6/3/08 5:55PM server time by CornishMMA
Edit note/reason: - instead of +

Post #1   6/3/08 5:45:39PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
My money is on Sanchez so i'll take it...Probably have him in my parlay as well.

BTW..Hes -105

Last edited 6/3/08 5:52PM server time by 40ouncetofreedom
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   6/3/08 5:51:56PM   

npayant

I've gained some weight...

npayant Avatar

Career:1,859-934
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

My money is on Sanchez so i'll take it...Probably have him in my parlay as well.

BTW..Hes -105

Ssshhh... keep it the hot bout...

Post #3   6/3/08 5:54:08PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Chips:

Posted by npayant

BTW..Hes -105

i doubt anyone would switch their picks and parlays to reflect mine..I suck at this game.

Post #4   6/3/08 5:56:32PM   

npayant

npayant Avatar

Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

I thought the wager odds were based on the picks on here? its around 60% picking Sanchex but he has the better odds at -105 with Hardonk at -125

Do wager odds ever get updated or is it solely dependant on the picks % when the new event comes in?

I've seen similar cases to this a few times in the past, and they usually get updated at some point...

But it is getting close... ??

Post #5   6/3/08 5:57:00PM   

npayant

npayant Avatar

Chips:

Posted by npayant

BTW..Hes -105

i doubt anyone would switch their picks and parlays to reflect mine..I suck at this game.

It doesn't look like you suck... plus I think you're right with this one... it seems like a gimme! I like when we get hot bout like this on this site (and odds!!)

Post #6   6/3/08 5:58:38PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Chips:

Posted by npayant

Posted by npayant

BTW..Hes -105

It doesn't look like you suck... plus I think you're right with this one... it seems like a gimme! I like when we get hot bout like this on this site (and odds!!)

Yeah nothing is really ever a gimme..But im liking Sanchez's chances.I normally only parlay the guys i think are the gimme fights even if their line is shitty like -300.Id rather parlay guys i think are going to win even with a negative line then take chances on someone who maybe a +300 but i dont think will win...I'll wait and go wager crazy with the last event....I mean why the hell not?? Yknow.

Post #7   6/3/08 6:05:07PM   

puppetmaster837

Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar

Career:216-132
Chips:

Posted by npayant

Posted by npayant

BTW..Hes -105

This fight is by no means a gimmie, if Sanches tries to stand the whole first round he is gonna be lights out

Post #8   6/3/08 6:06:09PM   

npayant

npayant Avatar

Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

BUT.. now i'm really curious -- Another case of this on the same card:

Pick %: Vera 62% / Werdum 38%

Odds: Vera -105 / Werdum -125

Post #9   6/3/08 6:06:26PM   

npayant

npayant Avatar

Chips:

Posted by puppetmaster837

Posted by npayant

Posted by npayant

BTW..Hes -105

This fight is by no means a gimmie, if Sanches tries to stand the whole first round he is gonna be lights out

We'll see...

Post #10   6/3/08 6:08:40PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,867-1,038
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by npayant

Posted by CornishMMA

The people who have done well in this game for an extended period of time have there vote weighed more in the wagers.

This may not be the entire case, but im sure it has quite a bit to do with it.

Basically, alot of the people who have done really well in this game are choosing werdum, while the not so hot people are choosing vera.
Roughly stated.

Go werdum.

Post #11   6/3/08 8:25:15PM   

npayant

npayant Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by npayant

Posted by CornishMMA

The people who have done well in this game for an extended period of time have there vote weighed more in the wagers.

Basically, alot of the people who have done really well in this game are choosing werdum, while the not so hot people are choosing vera.
Roughly stated.

Go werdum.

I totally agree!! I just wish Werdum was the underdog in the wagers because of the picks %, so I'd win more money!!!

P.S. I'm just having fun here (even though I DO have Werdum), but people don't need to bring this thread back up and throw it in my face in the slight chance that he loses....)

OK....I'm probably asking for it!

Post #12   6/3/08 8:37:52PM   

holt8081

MMA Sensei

holt8081 Avatar

Career:604-346
Chips:
I got Hardonkis that how you spell it

Post #13   6/3/08 9:17:17PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by npayant

Posted by CornishMMA

Roughly stated.

Go werdum.

we'll see

Post #14   6/3/08 9:20:31PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Pookie

Posted by npayant

Posted by CornishMMA

Roughly stated.

Go werdum.

we'll see

But thats nothing to do with what we were talking about pookie The whole point is whoever has more people picking them should have worse wager odds but BOTH those fights are the wrong way around, im sure more people picked Werdum when these new odds came in which would explain that discrepancy but it should be updated, and the Hardonk fight was changed last week so the picks % was taken from a lower number and more may well have picked Hardonk then but now its swung 60/40 the other way and also should be updated

Post #15   6/4/08 3:39:34PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2