Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Kevin Ferguson vs. James Thomson

Print  
Posted By Message

kurt-2112

MMA Regular

kurt-2112 Avatar

Career:425-283
Camp: 368
Chips:
This fight was set-up for kimbo to win as probably everyone knows, the fight was stopped pre-maturly although another 10 seconds iim sure he would of been out, but, kimbo was taking elbows and shots to the head at the end of the second round for like a minute straight, any other person on the ground taking those shots, and the fight would have been called. to be honest i think kimbo is overratted, he has got good punching power but punches are only a small part in MMA, through him in with Mir or Nog, he would get his ass handed to him, can't wait till he fights again, hope he loses.

Post #1   6/1/08 10:50:13PM   

FrankTheTank1181

Standup Guy

FrankTheTank1181 Avatar

Career:1,487-880
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Yeah let's throw Kimbo in there with the UFC champ after only 3 fights, that's an excellent idea. Someone needs to lay off the Haterade.

Post #2   6/1/08 10:57:30PM   

kurt-2112

MMA Regular

kurt-2112 Avatar

Chips:
Haterade? i dont think so, im just sick of people building up all this hype saying he is the next big thing. did you even watch the fight? he was gassed after the first round. he sould go to boxing MMA is not just standup.

Post #3   6/1/08 11:05:18PM   

jimmypockets

ThE ThIcKFrEAkNeSS

jimmypockets Avatar

Career:1,083-725
Camp: RuStY CaGe FiGhT TeAm
Chips:
How bored do you have to be to sit around and rant about how bad Kimbo is. Here is the facts. Kimbo is a training fighter just like every other fighter out there. The only reason anyone even talks about him is because his fanbase is so big. In essence all of you bored little children and grown men hate this man because so many people like him. Maybe there were errors in judgement from the ref during the fight but that is not his fault. The same people that trash Kimbo will praise James "RoboEar" Thompson who if I am correct is a former debt collector. Do you people think he made phone calls to collect those debts? The point is these men are fighters and regardless of how mad it makes you weirdos they will continue to fight and I am sure would love to take an open challenge from any of you.

XB Live Gamertags- J1mMy PoCkEtS, Th3 Barncat

Post #4   6/2/08 12:22:06AM   

Raykill

TAKING A BREAK

Raykill Avatar

Career:289-247
Chips:

Posted by kurt-2112

Haterade? i dont think so, im just sick of people building up all this hype saying he is the next big thing. did you even watch the fight? he was gassed after the first round. he sould go to boxing MMA is not just standup.

Post #5   6/2/08 12:36:33AM   

FrankTheTank1181

Standup Guy

FrankTheTank1181 Avatar

Chips:

im just sick of people building up all this hype saying he is the next big thing
So you hate on Kimbo because other people build up his hype as he stays humble, trains and tries to improve as a fighter? Interesting logic

Last edited 6/2/08 12:46AM server time by frankthetank1181
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   6/2/08 12:45:55AM   

kurt-2112

MMA Regular

kurt-2112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

im just sick of people building up all this hype saying he is the next big thing
So you hate on Kimbo because other people build up his hype as he stays humble, trains and tries to improve as a fighter? Interesting logic

No, Thomson was winning that fight and would of won, the fightr was stopped pre-mature. Any jui-jitsu fighter would destroy kimbo. he has a long way to go. he hasent proved anything to me yet, he beart Tank Abott, no impressed. and little bitches like you who go for the fan favourites, and ride the band wagon. Kimbo will never be a champion and if is does, he will not have it for long.

Post #7   6/2/08 12:19:57PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,830-1,011
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by kurt-2112

No, Thomson was winning that fight and would of won, the fightr was stopped pre-mature. Any jui-jitsu fighter would destroy kimbo. he has a long way to go. he hasent proved anything to me yet, he beart Tank Abott, no impressed. and little bitches like you who go for the fan favourites, and ride the band wagon. Kimbo will never be a champion and if is does, he will not have it for long.

Notice though how your response had absolutely nothing pertaining to what he said.

Post #8   6/2/08 12:28:16PM   

beerman77

Banned

beerman77 Avatar

Career:374-225
Chips:
i agree his comment was about his actions , and his outlook, on his spot in the mma . . slice has never said that he is the next big thing. . thats the media. ref stoppage or not.. frank said nothing about if he should of won or lost. . he was giving him cred on his conduct and work ethic

Post #9   6/2/08 7:30:16PM   

FrankTheTank1181

Standup Guy

FrankTheTank1181 Avatar

Chips:
Hang on a second, let me go look for my RedRider wagon, still lookin...still lookin, hmm must have misplaced it. I just think he deserves the respect any other fighter that trains gets. His hype is rising faster than his training, again not his fault.

Kimbo will never be a champion and if is does, he will not have it for long.
I think I peed a little when I read this...

Post #10   6/2/08 7:37:49PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:

Hang on a second, let me go look for my RedRider wagon, still lookin...still lookin, hmm must have misplaced it. I just think he deserves the respect any other fighter that trains gets. His hype is rising faster than his training, again not his fault.

Kimbo will never be a champion and if is does, he will not have it for long.
I think I peed a little when I read this...

Gosh people from the 360 are smart and funny

Post #11   6/2/08 9:18:24PM