Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Elite XC Results

Print  
  Page 6 of 7   <<   3     4     5     6     7  
Posted By Message

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,558-1,362
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Although JT wasn't Knocked Out, his ear Exploded Open ! That's gross

Post #76   5/31/08 11:44:27PM   

owen1

Standup Guy

owen1 Avatar

Career:845-441
Chips:
I think Kimbo was going to finish him anyway but that stoppage wass B*LLSHIT.
Elite XC was a bit of a joke with all these shitty stoppages.

Last edited 5/31/08 11:46PM server time by owen1
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #77   5/31/08 11:45:48PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
Was that even a stoppage? I dont know what to call that. I mean, I think it crossed a lot of our minds, that it appeared rigged, but didn't really believe it. But, Kimbo taking Elbows and not moving for well over a minute. And then that. I want to know the reason for that stoppage.

Well....your ear was bleeding, so I couldnt allow you to continue, because it was a serious RISK TO YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!! C'MON!!!!!

Did anyone else see the resemblance to a WWE event?

Oh Well!! Who wants to see Kimbo and Rogers?

Last edited 5/31/08 11:53PM server time by xxmalicexx

Post #78   5/31/08 11:46:29PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,848-1,057
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I hope that there is never another mma event in New Jersey. The refs and doctors need to all be fired and ashamed of themselves.

That said, JT was on his way to sleep in that fight... just wish they would of let it get finished.

Actually a pretty damn good fight compared to what I thought it would be. Hats off to both fighters for actually making it an MMA fight, which was more than every other fight on the TV except for the women.

Best I've seen JT in a while, but man does he get rocked sometimes.

Last edited 5/31/08 11:48PM server time by ncordless

Post #79   5/31/08 11:46:39PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:1,973-1,091
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
EliteXc shouldn't do anything with cbs anymore IMO

Post #80   5/31/08 11:47:31PM   

89vision

In Full Mount

Career:98-46
Chips:
im more pissed about them stopping the Lawler Smith fight, that should have been the main event hands down, but it seemed tonight they were stopping the bloody fights with any reason at all, the Carano Young fight was stopped after they got a look at Youngs face, and there was a bad cut early on, and James' ear popped with blood spurting out, to James' credit he has made me a fan, he showed his chin is better than expected getting hit by kimbo for 2 rounds, i think he woulda got ko'd but they shoulda let it go 1 or 2 more punches

i was pretty mad at the boxing mentality in the audience tonight..... booing as Robbie and Scott were trading lots of hard shots??????? what do they want, a fountain of blood and battle axes??? jeez

Post #81   5/31/08 11:48:38PM   

dstlvb

MMA Regular

dstlvb Avatar

Career:373-248
Chips:
you cant justify that stoppage when in the second round JT took the exact same huge shots and was allowed to continue and get Kimbo down where he had no way to defend himself yet was allowed to sit there till the bell. With all the fights over all this was a terrible first showing on Primtime

Post #82   5/31/08 11:50:25PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
A couple of things-

JT was in trouble a few times, and they let it go. Kimbo had no ground defense for the better part of two minutes and they let it go. But when it's getting down to the final few minutes and it looks like Kimbo could lose, the ref jumps in to the second he sees a half-legit opening. No question the ref was told by Elite XC execs to take it easy on their money pot star attraction.

But here's what I'm taking away from it all. JT doesn't deserve to win when he's passing to side control all night. THAT GUY COULD HAVE MOUNTED KIMBO AT A MOMENTS NOTICE. I'm not sure what the hell he was thinking. Bottom line- he let Kimbo get up over and over again. Rediculous. There is no way Kimbo defeats a half-decent heavyweight, or one with any jits whatsoever. Kudo's to XC for matching him up against someone who could "test" him, but I think they saw this one slipping away and stepped in. (By the way, did anyone catch the questionable elbows that Kimbo threw twice?)

JT would have gone down in the next 10 seconds if Kimbo was fresh, but he could barely keep his hands up. My guess is that JT would have closed the distance again and survived.

My opinion- neither deserves a victory here. JT should have mounted in the 1st or 2nd and ended it there. Kimbo should have put him away when he had the chance, but clearly didn't have the gas in the tank. And finally Elite XC should be ashamed of themselves for the entire night. Yeah- Yeah, great job getting it on Network TV and all, but questionable stoppages all night long and Carano coming in over weight. I'm not at all impressed.

Post #83   6/1/08 12:03:29AM   

rabbit915

In Full Mount

rabbit915 Avatar

Career:2,011-1,129
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

I nominate their botched touch of gloves at the start of round 1 for tonight's FAIL Of The Night. Way off target.

You could nominate it, but considering all the controversy that followed, im not sure that it would win.

Post #84   6/1/08 12:03:43AM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:

Posted by xxMALICExx

Was that even a stoppage? I dont know what to call that. I mean, I think it crossed a lot of our minds, that it appeared rigged, but didn't really believe it. But, Kimbo taking Elbows and not moving for well over a minute. And then that. I want to know the reason for that stoppage.

Well....your ear was bleeding, so I couldnt allow you to continue, because it was a serious RISK TO YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!! C'MON!!!!!

i def wanna see kimbo vs rogers

Post #85   6/1/08 12:06:20AM   

89vision

In Full Mount

Career:98-46
Chips:

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by xxMALICExx

i def wanna see kimbo vs rogers

after tonights fight, im picking rogers

Post #86   6/1/08 12:09:08AM   

Fanboy 1988

Standup Guy

Fanboy 1988  Avatar

Career:68-49
Chips:
Even though JT looked like he on his way to being knocked out it still didn't give the ref the right to stop the fight. He was still moving around and was active when the fight was called. In fact it was one of the worste calls I've ever seen, could they even lable that a tko? If it was the ear that lead to the call he should have brought a doctor in to look at it and make a decision, seeing as JT was still wanting and able to fight.

Post #87   6/1/08 1:10:37AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Fanboy 1988

Even though JT looked like he on his way to being knocked out it still didn't give the ref the right to stop the fight. He was still moving around and was active when the fight was called. In fact it was one of the worste calls I've ever seen, could they even lable that a tko? If it was the ear that lead to the call he should have brought a doctor in to look at it and make a decision, seeing as JT was still wanting and able to fight.

It's in JT's best interest that he was stopped. He could have gotten some serious damage, as well as maybe his ear getting ripped off. (seriously)

Post #88   6/1/08 1:14:13AM   

CanadianCripplr

MMA Regular

CanadianCripplr Avatar

Career:1,388-777
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Copenhagen

I'm really not into the whole watching two girls fight thing. I can't find myself getting into it like watching two guys beat each other up. I hope UFC never catches on to this.

Couldn't disagree with you anymore. I loved watching them fight and would like to see them in the UFC, but everyone has different opinions. Awesome fight!!!

I agree, I found myself enjoying it more than I thought I would. Did u see that womans eye getting bigger and bluer by the second? Seems weird to watch women pound each others pretty faces, then give her a kiss afterwards.

Post #89   6/1/08 2:02:13AM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
ARE U KIDDING ME!!!!!!!

SOMEONE ALREADY HAS $150 000 OFF THEY'RE PARLAY!!

Good picking 89vision, but bad for the rest of us.

start the season over?

Post #90   6/1/08 2:27:23AM   

Page 6 of 7   <<   3     4     5     6     7