Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Many differences, one goal

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,705-1,497
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The classical music blasting over the phone as I waited on hold for a World Extreme Cagefighting conference call was a real disconnect.

And the swapping of compliments from one fighter to the other was another, given that they plan to annihilate each other in a cage over the weekend.

But even given all that, Jens Pulver and reigning champion Urijah Faber made it clear that WEC 34 will be anything but a waltz. The June 1 battle for the featherweight title has consumed their lives, and rightly so. Heading into the biggest bout of both fighters' careers, neither are denying the case and both are out to prove just why.

"I don't see the fight going 25 minutes," said Pulver. "At 145, I've knocked everybody out except for one submission. I think I've been in the third round once at 145. At the end of the day, I'm looking to win this fight by knockout. I'm taking the belt home. Period."

Link

Post #1   5/30/08 2:33:29PM   

billycarnage

In Full Mount

billycarnage Avatar

Career:300-165
Chips:
I am easily more interested in this event than EliteXC. I hope it goes the distance though. These guys are very exciting.

Love the David Spade Avatar btw

Post #2   5/30/08 3:15:44PM   

The_Italian_Stallion

Standup Guy

The_Italian_Stallion Avatar

Career:588-346
Camp: Ultimate
Chips:
I am super excited for this fight. This one alone is better than the whole EliteXC card!

Post #3   5/30/08 4:24:52PM   

dannyfrank

banned

dannyfrank Avatar

Career:130-75
Chips:
i really can't wait to watch this fight. i'm hoping pulver will add another loss to faber's record. GO PULVER!

Post #4   5/31/08 11:49:43PM