Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Interview With Kaitlin Young

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,815-1,059
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Although this Saturday's groundbreaking event features a fight between two female fighters, one of them has received virtually all of the media's gushing attention; the other, hardly any at all. Odds makers have written this off as yet another opportunity for the celebrated beauty and star that is Gina Carano to notch another inevitable win onto her belt. And yet, quietly, her opponent, a 22-year old Minnesotan named Kaitlin Young, is singularly preparing herself for nothing but this fight. Nothing else, not right now.

LINK

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 5/29/08 1:44AM server time by MMAcca
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   5/29/08 1:38:22AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,746-1,521
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think I'm the only one that thinks Kaitlin has a chance to pull the upset. I'd hate to see Gina's face a little mangled, but it has a decent chance of happening.

Post #2   5/29/08 11:07:46AM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

I think I'm the only one that thinks Kaitlin has a chance to pull the upset.

Not the only one, no. I think anyone who saw her BodogFight Hook n' Shoot tournament wins knows she's a handful. I'm picking Carano, but it's with the hope that Extreme Couture has given her a ground game, and that the submission win over Evinger wasn't a fluke. If this fight is just a Muay Thai match, I think it's pretty close to a toss-up.

Post #3   5/29/08 1:21:18PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,746-1,521
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by grappler0000

I think I'm the only one that thinks Kaitlin has a chance to pull the upset.

Not the only one, no. I think anyone who saw her BodogFight Hook n' Shoot tournament wins knows she's a handful. I'm picking Carano, but it's with the hope that Extreme Couture has given her a ground game, and that the submission win over Evinger wasn't a fluke. If this fight is just a Muay Thai match, I think it's pretty close to a toss-up.

That was pretty much my thought...if Gina were to get in trouble on her feet, I would assume that she has a better ground game. And who knows, maybe Handy has a slick gameplan for her. I will probably pick Gina to win as well, but I might throw a few bucks on Kaitlin.

Post #4   5/29/08 1:26:26PM   

holt8081

MMA Sensei

holt8081 Avatar

Career:604-346
Chips:
Ya nobody knows anything about her she could be the next Gina who know.

Post #5   5/29/08 4:23:58PM   

The_Italian_Stallion

Standup Guy

The_Italian_Stallion Avatar

Career:588-346
Camp: Ultimate
Chips:
I think Kaitlin is being counted out to soon, I mean yeah she just lost but it's not like she's being fed to the bulls or anything.

I think the reason everyone has picked Gina Carano is because she is recognizable and memorable. She isn't amazing or a female GSP or Anderson Silva or anything.

She's a decent fighter going up against another decent fighter.

I hope she pulls it off cause I have a lot of money on her and the upset!

Post #6   5/29/08 4:53:48PM