Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sean Sherk: ‘I hope I earned some respect and redemption from fans’

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Link to the video

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #1   5/26/08 10:37:17AM   

Red-Dragon

In Full Mount

Red-Dragon Avatar

Career:337-201
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:
Respect for getting beat up?

That just showed me that he is half the fighter without the roids.

Post #2   5/26/08 10:39:32AM   

thatfedorsohotrightnow

banned

Career:142-108
Chips:
I respect that he took a beating. I still resent that he is denying the roids. He is probably a top 5 LW.

PS Shrek took roids.

Post #3   5/26/08 11:13:13AM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:5,929-3,496
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Sean Sherk has always had my respect.

Post #4   5/26/08 11:16:09AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Waka / Jawaka

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,403-1,394
Chips:
he'd have my respect if he would finally f*cking come clean and just say it. Like come on, we all know he took roids, why still deny it. Anways till he does that he doesn't get shit.

Post #5   5/26/08 11:27:11AM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
Didnt he pass 3 polygraphs? even BJ at the end told him to come by the gym anytime. i think what started as bad blood had to be kept up to hype the fight. i dont like the fact he got busted for taking roids, which should be a life ban, but when you pass 3 lie detector tests i start to question whether or not he actually knew.

Post #6   5/26/08 11:41:19AM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:360-191
Chips:
Yeah, I'm not a Sherk fan at all and I have questions as to whether he knowingly took steroids. I really think it could have been accidental even though many athletes use that as a completely unbelievable excuse.

Either way he took his beating and he didn't complain. He stepped into the cage against one the best. He has my respect

Post #7   5/26/08 11:43:58AM   

The-Don

Belt Contender

The-Don Avatar

Career:583-418
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:
He passed the lie detector tests which the ones they give today are nearly impossible to beat and accurate up to like 98% percent or something like that now... Much better then the ones they had when they were disallowed in court rooms. He also passed a couple of random drug tests leading up to the fight.. Which all could mean many things. if he passes his next set of tests befre his next fight and all I would have to start to think maybe he did not know what he was taking.. I mean really have you all looked at all the suppliments that are out there and thigs that can be taken while many are not in essence steroids they can give readings similiar, plus if your doctor or a trainer you trust say here this is good for you and you have no reason to doubt that person to that point, how closely are you going to question them? be honest in that answer. wheather he did or not none of us are ever going to know for certian and unless he comes foward and says he did we only have his word.. and other then that one incident has there been any other reason to doubt him? personaly I have not followed his carear closely but this incident is the only negative I have heard about him...

Post #8   5/26/08 11:57:54AM   

thatfedorsohotrightnow

banned

Chips:

Posted by teddythetuna

Didnt he pass 3 polygraphs? even BJ at the end told him to come by the gym anytime. i think what started as bad blood had to be kept up to hype the fight. i dont like the fact he got busted for taking roids, which should be a life ban, but when you pass 3 lie detector tests i start to question whether or not he actually knew.

Lie detector is a joke.

How many people get exonerated after a failed roid test? It is like a 99% chance that Shrek is guilty. Marion Jones passed more than a few lie detectors. She is in federal prison now.

Life time ban? That is insane. What if a guy really did find himself in a situation like Shrek claims he is in, but he doesn't have the resources of Shrek? That guy is screwed unless he pays for and passes a lie detector? Shrek spent a lot of money on his "defense".

Escalating penalties are clearly the way to go. If you get popped a third time then you should be looking at a life time ban.

Post #9   5/26/08 12:11:16PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
i dont respect Sherk, but i bet Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds, Marion Jones, Jose Canseco, Jason Giambi, Raphael Palmeiro, Shawn Merriman & all the others respect him

Post #10   5/26/08 12:12:36PM   

thatfedorsohotrightnow

banned

Chips:

Posted by The-Don

He passed the lie detector tests which the ones they give today are nearly impossible to beat and accurate up to like 98% percent or something like that now... Much better then the ones they had when they were disallowed in court rooms. He also passed a couple of random drug tests leading up to the fight.. Which all could mean many things. if he passes his next set of tests befre his next fight and all I would have to start to think maybe he did not know what he was taking.. I mean really have you all looked at all the suppliments that are out there and thigs that can be taken while many are not in essence steroids they can give readings similiar, plus if your doctor or a trainer you trust say here this is good for you and you have no reason to doubt that person to that point, how closely are you going to question them? be honest in that answer. wheather he did or not none of us are ever going to know for certian and unless he comes foward and says he did we only have his word.. and other then that one incident has there been any other reason to doubt him? personaly I have not followed his carear closely but this incident is the only negative I have heard about him...

Anti Lie Detector site

Some of my favorites

The National Academy of Sciences concluded that "[polygraph testing's] accuracy in distinguishing actual or potential security violators from innocent test takers is insufficient to justify reliance on its use in employee security screening in federal agencies.

One of the most prolific serial killers in U.S. history passed the polygraph and killed again.

Spies Ignatz Theodor Griebl, Karel Frantisek Koecher, Jiri Pasovsky, Larry Wu-tai Chin, Aldrich Hazen Ames, Ana Belen Montes, and Leandro Aragoncillo all passed the polygraph.

I love how many people go right for the PR spin. The lie detector is not evidence of Shrek's innocence.

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #11   5/26/08 12:27:47PM   

thatfedorsohotrightnow

banned

Chips:
Also, Shrek said he passed a polygraph. Is that one of your new "modern" lie detectors?

Post #12   5/26/08 12:30:21PM   

Red-Dragon

In Full Mount

Red-Dragon Avatar

Career:337-201
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:
See this from the flip side as to why people get banned for roid abuse.

If you are taking a performance enhancing drug then it is unfair on your opponent who through losing to you can suffer heavily financially imediately with not getting a win bonus. Then suffer more in the long run as it would knock them down the contender rankings and they would have to have more lower paid fights to get back to the top. Also they have a - on their fight record where they could have had a +.

To train so hard and get beaten by someone who has taken drugs that gave them an advantage must be sickening. Far more sickening than taking drugs and getting caught.

Sherk was found guilty and therefore in my eyes he is guilty. I have no respect for cheats.

To the post before saying that this was the one time he has done anything bad

He got caught once. No-one can say how many times he didin't get caught.

Post #13   5/26/08 1:07:38PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
durin his defense didnt one of his supplements get tested and it was tainted n eyxencie recalled it right after this happened, but im not sure anyone else known for sure?

Post #14   5/26/08 1:12:14PM   

89vision

In Full Mount

Career:98-46
Chips:

Posted by teddythetuna

enough with the damn excuses and lie detector excuse, many many many murderers and criminals have passed the lie detector, it takes a certain state of mind and only shows hes a good liar

to get on topic, he earned a little respect when he hugged BJ after all the pre fight drama, that took balls to embrace someone you hate and congradulate them

Post #15   5/26/08 3:56:24PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3