Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

The Rashad/Thiago/Machida Conundrum...

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

F--K_Luck_AuH2O

Banned

Career:340-195
Chips:
Rashad Evans 13-0
Lyoto Machida 13-0
Thiago Silva 13-0

They have got to match two of them together next...in the mean time the other one should face a good but beatble opponent...then the next match will be the battles of the 14-0's.

I say Rashad vs. Thiago (Battle of the 13-0's)
Give Machida somebody good but beatable like Reljic.
Then have the winner of the Rashad/Thiago fight face Machida (Battle of the 14-0's)
Winner gets a title shot.

Post #1   5/25/08 4:48:38AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,738-1,026
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
None of them should be getting cans at this stage.

It's not fair to the fans or to themselves.

Machida should fight the winner of Griffin and Rampage as it's well overdue now and rashad and Thiago should fight each other for the shot after machida's.

Last edited 5/25/08 7:31AM server time by MMAcca
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   5/25/08 7:31:29AM   

Violence108

Standup Guy

Violence108 Avatar

Career:629-417
Camp: Wolfpack Crew
Chips:
what about Wandy he just knocked out Keith big win fro me and Keith was pretty far in the title shot pic to

i say Lyoto vs Wandy
because Wandys style is prefect to beat Lyoto a push the action type of fighter

Post #3   5/25/08 8:41:02AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Violence108

what about Wandy he just knocked out Keith big win fro me and Keith was pretty far in the title shot pic to

i say Lyoto vs Wandy
because Wandys style is prefect to beat Lyoto a push the action type of fighter

No way, Wandy is still on the rebound and should seriously consider dropping to middleweight even affter his win. He would be a monster there.

Post #4   5/25/08 9:12:42AM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:
I just don't see anybody beating Machida. His style enables him to win decisions against just about any style. Efficient? Yes. Boring? **** Yes.

Post #5   5/25/08 9:47:52AM   

MFOTHER

In Full Mount

MFOTHER Avatar

Career:1,027-563
Chips:
i like any of these matchups.........and i am pretty positive either would serve rashad his first loss

Post #6   5/25/08 10:38:09AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Screw it, man... it needs to be Thiago vs. Machida for number one contender. Rashad can fight the loser of Forrest/Jackson. He'll lose to either one of those guys.

Post #7   5/25/08 10:42:14AM   

MFOTHER

In Full Mount

MFOTHER Avatar

Career:1,027-563
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Screw it, man... it needs to be Thiago vs. Machida for number one contender. Rashad can fight the loser of Forrest/Jackson. He'll lose to either one of those guys.

oh believe me id much rather see silva vs lyoto, i even started a thread about it a few days ago...but i just think rashaad has lucked out keeping that streak......i mean tito grapped the fence , but when was the last time we say a draw because of that? then chuck, or the other two opponents he was supposed to fight at 85 would have beaten him....... just seems like he's lucked out in his career

(not totally shitting on him....he does have skills.....i just think he's overrated )

Post #8   5/25/08 10:49:12AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by MFOTHER

Posted by Jackelope

oh believe me id much rather see silva vs lyoto, i even started a thread about it a few days ago...but i just think rashaad has lucked out keeping that streak......i mean tito grapped the fence , but when was the last time we say a draw because of that? then chuck, or the other two opponents he was supposed to fight at 85 would have beaten him....... just seems like he's lucked out in his career

(not totally shitting on him....he does have skills.....i just think he's overrated )

I completely agree with you on Rashad. I think almost everyone else here would, too.

Post #9   5/25/08 11:50:08AM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:993-595
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

None of them should be getting cans at this stage.

It's not fair to the fans or to themselves.

Machida should fight the winner of Griffin and Rampage as it's well overdue now and rashad and Thiago should fight each other for the shot after machida's.

Wow dude! That's exactally what I was thinking when I saw this post.

Post #10   5/25/08 12:29:40PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
i thought Tiago looked a lil flabby & was afraid he might be in poor shape & get caught. & damnit he almost did lol! great comeback. i think the ufc should give us Rashad vs Thiago as was originally slated for UFC 84 & Machida gets Forrest vs Quinton winner

Post #11   5/25/08 12:52:14PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
The only logical way.

Rashad vs Thiago- Both are still unproven even though talented. Neither have beaten a top 10 LHW so let's do it!

Machida vs. Chuck Liddell- Liddell already got beat by Rampage twice clearly and easily. I think he needs this win to even convince anybody he actually has a shot to beat Rampage in a 3rd match. Machida needs Liddell just as much for marketability reasons since many casual fans think he's boring so he needs another big time win.

Shogun I'm afraid is pretty much done. He'll never be the same with that knee injury. He probably could still fight but not as good as he was in PRIDE. Give him Soko.

Then as far as Wandy, after Rampage completely destroys Forrest, give Wandy Rampage in a 3rd fight. You can market it as Wandy finished him twice but the argument of Rampage having a better training and the fight being in the UFC without BS stand ups will make this a HUGE fight. And the fact Wandy destroyed Jardine(The obvious undisputed #1 contender) and Liddell got beat so convincingly by him and the fact their(liddell and Wandy) fight was close makes that fight doable.

Last edited 5/25/08 1:04PM server time by Natedawgtham
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #12   5/25/08 12:59:40PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Well if you give machida a real good striker he will be exposed and beaten, somebody like rampage or liddell.

Post #13   5/25/08 1:06:30PM   

NinjaCyborg

Forum Banned

NinjaCyborg Avatar

Career:175-184
Camp: Double Deuce
Chips:
I also think Rashad is over-rated. I honestly was looking forward to Rashad Vs Irvin.

I agree with letting Machida fight the winner of Griffen and Jackson
and I think Wanderlei should drop to 185 and compete.

I would like to see W. Silva VS A. Silva

Post #14   5/25/08 1:11:42PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Well if you give machida a real good striker he will be exposed and beaten, somebody like rampage or liddell.

REALLY????

What happened in the Michael McDonald fight? McDonald is a world class kickboxer and got beat. And even though I find him boring and overrated many do find Rich Franklin's stand up to be "great", and machida schooled him. The same with Stephon Bonnar who we all know likes to scrap. Many find BJ Penn to have "great" stand up and he lost to Machida. Soko KO'd Arona and Lil Nog and he got schooled by Machida.

Post #15   5/25/08 4:48:38PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2