Today's Topics Unanswered Topics Avatar Bets Search PM's My Props Member Directory Premium Members Recent Polls Subscriptions Rules

Sponsors

Mark Colemans Condition

Mark Colemans Condition
Posted By Message

NinjaCyborg
Forum Banned

NinjaCyborg Avatar
Career record: 108-105
Season: 0-0 (#-)
Bankroll: $1,000
201 posts
Joined 4/08
Did everyone see the recent pictures of Mark Coleman as he was preparing for Brock?
He looked very good. I was amazed by his physique, appearance and conditioning.
It's too bad that he injured his knee.
Apparently he will only be sidelined for 6 weeks, which means he could start training in time for a fight in september.
Does anyone know of any potential match ups for his first fight?

Post #1   5/24/08 5:06:03PM   

juanez13
P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career record: 324-163
4334 posts
Joined 7/07
maybe kongo....dont really know what they want to do with him, i doubt they'll want to build him up as a contender, maybe give him to a new comer so that they get some expousure, maybe cain.......its really a toss up right now what they want to do with him.

Post #2   5/24/08 5:27:00PM   

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar
Career record: 157-96
1414 posts
Joined 8/07

Posted by juanez13

maybe kongo....dont really know what they want to do with him, i doubt they'll want to build him up as a contender, maybe give him to a new comer so that they get some expousure, maybe cain.......its really a toss up right now what they want to do with him.

Can't be Kongo cause i just read that hes fighting at 87 against Dan Everson or someone like that... other thread

Last edited 5/24/08 6:32PM by bullettdodger
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   5/24/08 6:32:18PM   

Stickan
the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career record: 198-104
1856 posts
Joined 1/07
Cain Velasquez would probably murder Coleman at this stage of his career. Coleman is the new Ken Shamrock. A guy with a slight name recognition who's only there to be fed to up-n-comers and future stars.

Post #4   5/24/08 6:47:20PM   

ohiostate1016
MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar
Career record: 390-284
1640 posts
Joined 9/07
I never tell an athlete when to retire. And that's because they can't go back after they do (usually). If he wants to fight, and there are people willing to pay him to fight and people willing to pay to watch him fight, then let him fight. I'm not sure WHO he can fight, but there has to be someone out there for him. War Coleman!

Post #5   5/24/08 11:04:35PM   

jiujitsufreak74
,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career record: 738-406
5256 posts
Joined 9/07
i agree with Stickan on this one. Coleman is going to be used as a stepping stone just like Ken Shamrock. I see him being fed to either Cain or Carwin as both are wrestlers with powerful stand up that will most like KO the legend. i am sure Dana White knows Coleman isn't Randy Couture so he wont try to market him as such; so look for him to be the stepping stone on his way out of the sport.

Post #6   5/25/08 2:54:12AM   

Kastro
Standup Guy

Kastro Avatar
Career record: 450-301
417 posts
Joined 4/07
I would like to see Coleman fight Kongo, two very big guys both specializing in the opposite ends of the MMA game (Coleman on the ground, and Kongo on the feet) ..

I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch with Cro Cop assuming Cro Cop is sincere and does return to the UFC this winter.. that would be a good fight.. well, for Cro Cop anyways lol :D

Shane Carwin looked pretty solid tonight, its good to see some new HW prospects in the mix.. I wonder how Carwin would do against Lesnar or Coleman... hmmm...

Post #7   5/25/08 3:02:27AM   

NinjaCyborg
Forum Banned

NinjaCyborg Avatar
Career record: 108-105
201 posts
Joined 4/08

Posted by Kastro

I would like to see Coleman fight Kongo, two very big guys both specializing in the opposite ends of the MMA game (Coleman on the ground, and Kongo on the feet) ..

I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch with Cro Cop assuming Cro Cop is sincere and does return to the UFC this winter.. that would be a good fight.. well, for Cro Cop anyways lol :D

Shane Carwin looked pretty solid tonight, its good to see some new HW prospects in the mix.. I wonder how Carwin would do against Lesnar or Coleman... hmmm...

I would love to see Lesnar vs. Carwin
It would be perfect, they're both relatively new guys with low records.
And Carwin was a big ass dude.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if Coleman was thrown to the wolves as a stepping stone only to pull off a huge upset and prove that he's not dead yet.

Post #8   5/25/08 12:56:38PM   

Username:

Password:

Keep me logged in