Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Heath Herring v. Brock Lesnar

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

pinoymixplaya

MMA Regular

pinoymixplaya Avatar

Career:296-200
Chips:
Who will take it? I think Brock will definitely own Heath here, if not by TKO then by UD

What do you think?

Post #1   5/24/08 3:00:07PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,108-1,247
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
Herring definately doesnt get the credit he deserves, but he was almost outwrestled by Kongo...so I dont see him ebing able to keep the fight standing against Brock...so I will go with Lesnar TKO rnd 2

Post #2   5/24/08 3:26:38PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by Mayhem13

Herring definately doesnt get the credit he deserves, but he was almost outwrestled by Kongo...so I dont see him ebing able to keep the fight standing against Brock...so I will go with Lesnar TKO rnd 2

+ him being taken down at will by O'Brien, and Big Nog Being able to take him down.....There is no way he can keep this fight standing.

It will come down to whether he can reverse the postion (which i doubt he can, a wrestler like lesnar has really good ground control, Unlike kongo who is a striker playing wrestler)...Or him being able to sub Lesnar from the bottom, which is possible, but i still think lesnar will either win a decision or win by TKO. Although the thing that worries me is that when they are standing heath will be extremely aggressive (ala vs kongo) and might catch lesnar with a kick when he is going for a takedown or something. also if lesnar gets rocked, he might go for a sloppy takedown, and heath might take his back and choke him.

My Pick Right now stands as Lesnar Via UD (heath can take alot of punishment, my reasoning instead of having lesnar TKO)

Post #3   5/24/08 3:37:11PM   

MartinKillMcGill

MMA Regular

MartinKillMcGill Avatar

Career:285-170
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Mayhem13

+ him being taken down at will by O'Brien, and Big Nog Being able to take him down.....There is no way he can keep this fight standing.

It will come down to whether he can reverse the postion (which i doubt he can, a wrestler like lesnar has really good ground control, Unlike kongo who is a striker playing wrestler)...Or him being able to sub Lesnar from the bottom, which is possible, but i still think lesnar will either win a decision or win by TKO. Although the thing that worries me is that when they are standing heath will be extremely aggressive (ala vs kongo) and might catch lesnar with a kick when he is going for a takedown or something. also if lesnar gets rocked, he might go for a sloppy takedown, and heath might take his back and choke him.

My Pick Right now stands as Lesnar Via UD (heath can take alot of punishment, my reasoning instead of having lesnar TKO)

I agree to most of what you say except the ending of the fight I think heath first our secound round submission via traingle

Last edited 5/24/08 3:42PM server time by MartinKillMcGill
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   5/24/08 3:40:18PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by MartinKillMcGill

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Mayhem13

I agree to most of what you say except the ending of the fight I think heath first our secound round submission via traingle

lol i cant imagine Herring being able to pull of a submission like that, he's just not the type of fighter that could pull of something like that, its like thinking Rampage would pull of an armbar, im sure they know it, but the likelyness of herring pulling something like that is minimal, the only subs i can see herrin going for is a Kimura or a choke, other than that i cant see herring pulling of any other type of submission.

Post #5   5/24/08 3:45:59PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:796-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
I think it depends on whether brock can take heath down and finish him early. I dont know why but i really think hes going to gas. I know everybody will say he wont becouse of his work outs and what not, but most fighters have hard regimes (bar travis lutter of course) and it still happens.

Just a gut feeling though. Im either gona take brock via round 1 tko, or heath by round 2 tko. Cant decide yet.

Post #6   5/24/08 3:54:07PM   

Lockfrow

MMA Regular

Lockfrow Avatar

Career:660-500
Chips:
I hope for Heath but I wouldnt put money on it.

Post #7   5/24/08 4:43:13PM   

cloud301336

MMA Regular

cloud301336 Avatar

Career:370-208
Chips:
well considering that Herring is getting him self on the right track again he might have a slight edge on Lesnar but if this fight takes place mainly on the ground i would give it to Lesnar, to be truth full i don't know who too pick. But definitely if Herring never got him self back on track i would give the fight to Lesnar.

Post #8   5/24/08 4:55:04PM   

NinjaCyborg

Forum Banned

NinjaCyborg Avatar

Career:175-184
Camp: Double Deuce
Chips:
hmm, I like Brock, however Heath Herring has alot of experience over Brock.
I don't know if Brock can bring anything to the fight that Heath hasn't been through before.

But then again, Brock will probably bring "it" alot more furiously and alot more powerfully than Heath has ever faced before.

I'm gonna pick Brock 1st round vicious mauling. But I would not be surprised at any other possible outcome.

Post #9   5/24/08 4:59:21PM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,552-1,397
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'm thinking Herring's experience may be the key factor here. He's a seasoned vet and a solid opponent. After Lesnar got subbed by Mir, I'm not gonna be too quick to jump back on the lesnar bandwagon . I'm taking Herring by a submission.

Post #10   5/24/08 5:18:14PM   

candynuts

Belt Contender

candynuts Avatar

Career:253-158
Chips:
Brock is fighting a legit competitor in Herring who is a boderline top 10 opponent. Herring is very savvy on the ground so im not sure Brock would just absolutely wail on him like he did to Mir. I could see Herring working the guillotine a couple of times during the fight if he is on the ground and could very well submit Lesnar. He's only been submitted once by Big Nog (excluding the loss to exhaustion) and finished once (excluding the injury and cuts) by Cro Cop. Herring is just a tough guy to finish and im not sure Brock gets it done.
Inexperience might play a factor again and Heath could somehow work a choke in.

Post #11   5/24/08 5:27:59PM   

aolverizon

Learning to Sprawl

Career:368-201
Chips:
I think Heath will RNC Brock in the first after he bullrushes Brock and blast him with a hard shot and takes Brock's back.

Don't be so quick to dismiss Heath just yet, he has been in there with the best and is almost impossble to finish (minus doctor stoppages + injury + gasing).

War Heath

Post #12   5/24/08 6:54:17PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by aolverizon

I think Heath will RNC Brock in the first after he bullrushes Brock and blast him with a hard shot and takes Brock's back.

Don't be so quick to dismiss Heath just yet, he has been in there with the best and is almost impossble to finish (minus doctor stoppages + injury + gasing).

War Heath

i agree.

herring has 16 wins via submission, most coming from an armlock of some sort or a RNC. in the herring fight he stated he didnt train wrestling at all because he thought it was going to be a stand up war. im sure he'll train wrestling for this fight. i say herring takes this because of

1) his experience
2) brocks questionable cardio (havnt seen him past 2min..)
3) better stand up

Post #13   5/24/08 7:17:00PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,446-842
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Mid way through the first round Heath will get dejavu and think of the Kerr fight.

I think it might play out like that fight,only Lesnar will be more dangerous than Kerr was.

Post #14   5/24/08 7:25:26PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
This is a great match-up for both fighters, but for different reasons.

Judging by the way Heath had problems with Kongo on the ground I only see him having much of a chance working him on the feet. Lesnar has the edge in wrestling for sure, but Heath has enough experience that he will not just sit there and do nothing on the ground.

Once (if) it goes to the ground I am thinking Lesnar by lay and pray, UD. But look out for a potential knockout by Heath if Lesnar doesn't choose his shots carefully.

Last edited 5/24/08 10:11PM server time by Rush
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   5/24/08 7:53:49PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3