Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dream Middleweight Pairings Announced

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by Cladrix

I feel sorry for sakuraba going up against Manhoef............ Manhoef will destroy him. Jacare vs. Mayhem will be a great fight.

Like Manhoef destroyed Dong? Or Akiyama? His sub defense is not very good. Against a great ground fighter he will get subbed.

I feel sorry for Manhoef, awesome striker, would much rather have seen him vs Mayhem, cause he should really be in the finals.

Sakuraba is a former great, a legend, but he is past it now.

Saku is gonne eat way too many kicks and manhoef will take a 1st round KO imo.

I think we've all seen that Japanese refs won't let Saku get KO'd...hahaha

Post #16   5/24/08 4:33:44PM   

ICSlegend

MMA Regular

ICSlegend Avatar

Career:56-40
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Not those of us with eyes. Saku's been KO'd before.

Maybe you should watch some of his fights. There's something called "skill". Kept him from getting KOd by some of the most devastating (and much heavier) strikers ever like Igor and CC. Manhoef's damn good, but his takedown and sub-d is just not good enough to keep Saku at bay.

Why are so many people so quick to count Saku out...just cause he's been through some wars doesn't mean he's a washed up can. Hopefully Saku takes the whole thing.

Post #17   5/25/08 12:43:00AM   

xtra_chewy

Standup Guy

xtra_chewy Avatar

Career:2,676-1,414
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Uber Sick, should make for some great fights!

Post #18   5/25/08 3:08:45AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by Cladrix

I feel sorry for sakuraba going up against Manhoef............ Manhoef will destroy him. Jacare vs. Mayhem will be a great fight.

Like Manhoef destroyed Dong? Or Akiyama? His sub defense is not very good. Against a great ground fighter he will get subbed.

I feel sorry for Manhoef, awesome striker, would much rather have seen him vs Mayhem, cause he should really be in the finals.

you know, it's funny to look at the argument from that perspective because i was going to use Wandy vs Saku (both of them) to justify picking Melvin over Saku since Saku has had a hard time dealing with the powerful aggressive striking style...but i guess you can look at it from your perspective and say that Melvin has had a hard time with certain grapplers. however, Dong and Akiyama are both judoka where as Saku is a submission wrestler. just saying that is something to consider when making the comparison that you did. Melvin was able to KO Crosley Gracie, so maybe it is judoka and not simply ground fighters that give Melvin a lot of problems...who knows. i guess we will find out when these two warriors meet in the ring.

Post #19   5/25/08 3:35:19AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,738-1,026
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by Cladrix

Sakuraba is a former great, a legend, but he is past it now.

Saku is gonne eat way too many kicks and manhoef will take a 1st round KO imo.

Post #20   5/25/08 7:23:02AM   

DiabloFreak56

Standup Guy

DiabloFreak56 Avatar

Career:866-586
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by Mchubb316

Mayhem gets a tough one. I don't think Mayhem will want to take this one to the ground, so I guess we will get to see how good his takedown defense is, and or how good Jacare is at striking.

Mayhem has awesome wrestling, I think he can avoid the takedowns early. I don't know how long he can let the fight go though. He needs to keep it standing.

As for the other fights, I see Mousasi winning a tough one against Dong, Saku subbing Manhoef at will, and Galesic winning.

WAR MAYHEM!

i completely agree. only thing i can see happening to mayhem on the ground is falling a sleep in jacares nice triangle.

Post #21   5/27/08 9:34:05AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2