Today's Topics Unanswered Topics Avatar Bets Search PM's My Props Member Directory Premium Members Recent Polls Subscriptions Rules

Sponsors

Yundt vs Sakara added to TUF Finale 7

Yundt vs Sakara added to TUF Finale 7
Posted By Message

Franklinfan47
Heavyweight Champ

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career record: 2415-1310
Season: 46-19 (#33)
Bankroll: $7,092 (#34)
3620 posts
Joined 5/07
link

The undercard for “The Ultimate Fighter 7” finale taking place on June 21 is starting to fill up quickly. MMAWeekly.com has confirmed with sources close to the fight that Rob Yundt will return to action to face American Top Team fighter Alessio Sakara in a middleweight contest at the event in Las Vegas.

Post #1   5/23/08 9:54:34AM   

puppetmaster837
Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar
Career record: 216-132
Season: 0-0 (#-)
Bankroll: $1,000
495 posts
Joined 6/07
Sakara has to be one of the guys that if they dont win they are getting cut. He is 3-4 with 1 NC in the UFC. And in his last 3 fights he has been TKOed twice.

Post #2   5/23/08 1:51:08PM   

rabbit915
In Full Mount

rabbit915 Avatar

Career record: 2011-1129
792 posts
Joined 10/07
Yeah but he just moved into a much weaker division, where he fought a guy he shouldnt have been fighting. If he loses this one, id still give him one more shot because they need MW's bad. Same for Yundt.

Post #3   5/23/08 3:16:34PM   

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar
Career record: 332-207
1414 posts
Joined 8/07

Posted by rabbit915

Yeah but he just moved into a much weaker division, where he fought a guy he shouldnt have been fighting. If he loses this one, id still give him one more shot because they need MW's bad. Same for Yundt.

I respectfully disagree completely, how do you possibly keep a guy like Sakara who is a striker with a glass jaw, and cut a guy who actually has a shot in the division like Lutter... i really never understood that one. At any rate, i hope Sakara wins because if he doesn't i really can't see how he isn't on the chopping block.

Post #4   5/23/08 7:03:57PM   

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career record: 1399-895
Season: 18-14 (#1337)
Bankroll: $1,100 (#1352)
4335 posts
Joined 7/07

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by rabbit915

I respectfully disagree completely, how do you possibly keep a guy like Sakara who is a striker with a glass jaw, and cut a guy who actually has a shot in the division like Lutter... i really never understood that one. At any rate, i hope Sakara wins because if he doesn't i really can't see how he isn't on the chopping block.

Well put my friend. I've always been a fan of Lutter. He gassed in both fights just trying to work subs, and I can respect that more than someone holding someone down for 15 minutes.

This is make or break for Sakara though, expect him to be cut soon.

Post #5   5/23/08 7:15:23PM   

candynuts
Belt Contender

candynuts Avatar
Career record: 253-158
837 posts
Joined 12/07
Damnit, I just wish Sakara had a better chin, he'd probably of won the fight against McFed and Leben if he had one.
I am glad they are giving Yundt another chance, didnt he step in like 3 days notice to take on Almeida?

Post #6   5/23/08 7:43:59PM   

prozacnation1978
Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career record: 2146-1122
Season: 43-22 (#105)
Bankroll: $5,431 (#60)
11604 posts
Joined 7/07
it's simple loser leaves town!!!!!!!!

Post #7   5/23/08 7:48:30PM   

MMAcca
Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career record: 1608-945
Season: 36-29 (#840)
Bankroll: $400 (#1627)
8088 posts
Joined 4/07

Posted by gartface

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by rabbit915

Well put my friend. I've always been a fan of Lutter. He gassed in both fights just trying to work subs, and I can respect that more than someone holding someone down for 15 minutes.

Gassing after 30 seconds is no achievement.....

Post #8   5/24/08 12:09:04PM   

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar
Career record: 332-207
1414 posts
Joined 8/07

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by gartface

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by rabbit915

really man, 30 seconds are you kidding me, i'd like to see you last half of what you claim lutter lasts when you're up against a guy like Rich or Anderson...

Post #9   5/24/08 1:11:16PM   

rabbit915
In Full Mount

rabbit915 Avatar

Career record: 2011-1129
792 posts
Joined 10/07
Well for the record, i wouldnt have cut lutter either but i know what you mean. It makes no sense to keep Sakara if you cut Lutter.

Post #10   5/24/08 1:17:07PM   

Red-Dragon
In Full Mount

Red-Dragon Avatar
Career record: 337-201
549 posts
Joined 6/07

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by gartface

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by rabbit915

really man, 30 seconds are you kidding me, i'd like to see you last half of what you claim lutter lasts when you're up against a guy like Rich or Anderson...

Thats a silly thing to say. MMAcca is not a professional fighter in the UFC. Against Rich or Anderson he would most likely be unconcious before he had time to gas

Post #11   5/25/08 11:45:57AM   

Username:

Password:

Keep me logged in