Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Yundt vs Sakara added to TUF Finale 7

Print  
Posted By Message

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,568-1,403
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
link

The undercard for “The Ultimate Fighter 7” finale taking place on June 21 is starting to fill up quickly. MMAWeekly.com has confirmed with sources close to the fight that Rob Yundt will return to action to face American Top Team fighter Alessio Sakara in a middleweight contest at the event in Las Vegas.

Post #1   5/23/08 9:54:34AM   

puppetmaster837

Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar

Career:216-132
Chips:
Sakara has to be one of the guys that if they dont win they are getting cut. He is 3-4 with 1 NC in the UFC. And in his last 3 fights he has been TKOed twice.

Post #2   5/23/08 1:51:08PM   

rabbit915

In Full Mount

rabbit915 Avatar

Career:2,011-1,129
Chips:
Yeah but he just moved into a much weaker division, where he fought a guy he shouldnt have been fighting. If he loses this one, id still give him one more shot because they need MW's bad. Same for Yundt.

Post #3   5/23/08 3:16:34PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by rabbit915

Yeah but he just moved into a much weaker division, where he fought a guy he shouldnt have been fighting. If he loses this one, id still give him one more shot because they need MW's bad. Same for Yundt.

I respectfully disagree completely, how do you possibly keep a guy like Sakara who is a striker with a glass jaw, and cut a guy who actually has a shot in the division like Lutter... i really never understood that one. At any rate, i hope Sakara wins because if he doesn't i really can't see how he isn't on the chopping block.

Post #4   5/23/08 7:03:57PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by rabbit915

I respectfully disagree completely, how do you possibly keep a guy like Sakara who is a striker with a glass jaw, and cut a guy who actually has a shot in the division like Lutter... i really never understood that one. At any rate, i hope Sakara wins because if he doesn't i really can't see how he isn't on the chopping block.

Well put my friend. I've always been a fan of Lutter. He gassed in both fights just trying to work subs, and I can respect that more than someone holding someone down for 15 minutes.

This is make or break for Sakara though, expect him to be cut soon.

Post #5   5/23/08 7:15:23PM   

candynuts

Belt Contender

candynuts Avatar

Career:253-158
Chips:
Damnit, I just wish Sakara had a better chin, he'd probably of won the fight against McFed and Leben if he had one.
I am glad they are giving Yundt another chance, didnt he step in like 3 days notice to take on Almeida?

Post #6   5/23/08 7:43:59PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,352-1,258
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
it's simple loser leaves town!!!!!!!!

Post #7   5/23/08 7:48:30PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,792-1,044
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by rabbit915

Well put my friend. I've always been a fan of Lutter. He gassed in both fights just trying to work subs, and I can respect that more than someone holding someone down for 15 minutes.

Gassing after 30 seconds is no achievement.....

Post #8   5/24/08 12:09:04PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by gartface

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by rabbit915

really man, 30 seconds are you kidding me, i'd like to see you last half of what you claim lutter lasts when you're up against a guy like Rich or Anderson...

Post #9   5/24/08 1:11:16PM   

rabbit915

In Full Mount

rabbit915 Avatar

Career:2,011-1,129
Chips:
Well for the record, i wouldnt have cut lutter either but i know what you mean. It makes no sense to keep Sakara if you cut Lutter.

Post #10   5/24/08 1:17:07PM   

Red-Dragon

In Full Mount

Red-Dragon Avatar

Career:337-201
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by gartface

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by rabbit915

really man, 30 seconds are you kidding me, i'd like to see you last half of what you claim lutter lasts when you're up against a guy like Rich or Anderson...

Thats a silly thing to say. MMAcca is not a professional fighter in the UFC. Against Rich or Anderson he would most likely be unconcious before he had time to gas

Post #11   5/25/08 11:45:57AM