Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Gomi style vs diaz

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Nick Diaz has a fuckin chin or what???lol

the force of that knockdown blow was hard enough to knock Diaz off his feet but not hard enough to daze him one bit....Same with the second punch that cut him,hard enough to make a cut 2 inches wide,but not hard enough to daze him either

people say Gomi would of done better in Japan...pfft

if they fought in Japan with a 10 min first round Gomi would of got KO'd

You know that's a vey good point about the ten minute first round.I do think in Japan the rules, moral, support, hometown judging might help Gomi some. Still, if that fight took place anywhere with a 10 minute first round I think Gomi would have been Koed.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #16   2/26/07 5:44:26AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
im so happy Nick won man,you just dont know how much...he really deserves the media's attention,and this win over Gomi will get it

did you see Diaz's trunks? the only advertising he had on them were from his own website where he wells T-shirts and stuff to make money....and what other sponser was he thanking after the fight? something chevrolet(prolly a local car dealership or something).i bet anything his trunks will be filled with Sponsors in his next fight! lol

i really hope he starts getting paid well,cuz he puts it all on the line out there,he got that huge gash on his face and it didnt even break his will or the thought of quitting even pass his mind....Nick Diaz could go up against Fedor and he'll still have the eye of the tiger and give it all he's got!

Post #17   2/26/07 7:58:51AM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

ok, i say gomi wins 7 out of 10 times they win..
im not takin credit away from diaz but gomi was just irresponsible this fight..
keep it standing and you'll get a KO like how it almost happened (dont know how diaz didnt get KTFO..)

Diaz didnt get ko'd coz he's a more experienced, and a better prepared fighter than gomi, gomi is a boxer in mma. Pride are looser's for protecting a champion who looses to an underdog newcomer.

There is only one fighter out there who could beat diaz and gomi and thats me "keith the giant killer hackney". If pride would set up a match with special rules when you can chew gum and punch in the bollocks, i would win, i've won twice in those surroundings !!
I'd train with emanual yarborough and have jo son in my corner ( were friends now, no hard feelings !! ) and i'd be the best again !!!

Post #18   2/26/07 1:28:29PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Kazmierz21

Diaz did look a lot bigger than Gomi though - maybe Gomi was fighting up therefore belt wasn't on the line - does anyone know what they weighed in at?

Both weighed in at 160... But Nick is 5 or 6 inches taller...

Post #19   2/26/07 1:36:45PM   

Macho_Matt

Learning to Sprawl

Macho_Matt Avatar

Career:31-16
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
It is rediculous to say that Pride doesn't put their titles on the line. Pride puts their belts on the line just like UFC. Both organizations protect their fighters. In fact Dana probably does a better job then Pride. Use Pride 33 as an example. The Pride world is completely turned upside down.

Diaz was brand new to Pride, he doesn't deserve a title shot until he proves he could fight in Pride. He certainly did that Saturday night, and I think he deserves the next title shot against Gomi.

If Pride is smart they should have the rematch ASAP. Either way they win. If Diaz wins, then the right man is champ. If Gomi wins, he shows he can overcome adversity, get revenge, and defend his title when the fight really counts!

Post #20   2/26/07 1:55:47PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Macho_Matt

It is rediculous to say that Pride doesn't put their titles on the line. Pride puts their belts on the line just like UFC. Both organizations protect their fighters. In fact Dana probably does a better job then Pride. Use Pride 33 as an example. The Pride world is completely turned upside down.

Diaz was brand new to Pride, he doesn't deserve a title shot until he proves he could fight in Pride. He certainly did that Saturday night, and I think he deserves the next title shot against Gomi.

If Pride is smart they should have the rematch ASAP. Either way they win. If Diaz wins, then the right man is champ. If Gomi wins, he shows he can overcome adversity, get revenge, and defend his title when the fight really counts!

Any newcomer in the ufc has to work their way up the rankings to fight the number 1 guy with the championship. Thats not the case in pride.
The thing is, dana has intised 4 of prides best fighters, mirko, rampage etc...
so now diaz has gone to pride from the ufc, pride want to send a message through this fight to the ufc by putting diaz against their best, thinking diaz would get slaughtered. but he didnt, and pride knew there was a possibility that diaz could win because of the caliber fighter he is, so pride took the belt out of the fight to protect their champion from loosing it. basically pride have ripped off all the paying mma fan by making a title fight into a entertainment fight, but coz gomi lost it, excuses of jet lag and broken fingers are put into the press to protect gomi from loosing fans and worldwide stardom. If you fight a champ and loose, you normally start back at the bottom. What does diaz do now ?? Pride wont do a straight rematch, They will pit diaz against another fighter to try give him a loss before he gets a chance to fight for the title.
This fight hasnt made a good base for a title fight, it has put doubt on gomi, pissed alot of fans off and put pride under the spotlight for protecting their so called champ !!

Post #21   2/26/07 2:13:32PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:

Posted by Macho_Matt

How many times has Wandy defended his belt in the belt? Correct me if I am wrong, but every time the champ in the UFC fought last year, the belt was on the line. Can you say that about Pride? NO! The UFC doesn't protect their Champs, they do, however, protect younger fighters trying to build them up. I guess Dana protected Franklin with Silva and Loiseau. Protected Hughes with fights against GSP and Penn. Protected Liddell with Couture, Sobral, and Ortiz. Protected Sylvia with Monson, and AA twice. Some of these guys might not be top 5 fighters worldwide, but they were top contenders.

I would be interested to know how many times the Pride Champions have defended their belts in the last two years. I realize you can't put your belt on the line when fighting up, but if you are fighting someone at your weight class, the belt should be up for grabs.

Post #22   2/26/07 2:44:34PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Kazmierz21

Diaz did look a lot bigger than Gomi though - maybe Gomi was fighting up therefore belt wasn't on the line - does anyone know what they weighed in at?

Wiegh-in's are 3 days before that fight. I bet Diaz was closer to 170 than 160 going into that fight.

Post #23   2/26/07 2:53:42PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by roadking95th
Another good example in pride was zulu vs fedor, No belt on line. Entertainment fight boys and girls, that what sort of mma pride likes to promote. Entertainment hides the fact that theres a protected champion in the mix. Dana didnt protect randy in his 2nd fight with chuck, No protection on silva/franklin, No protection on hughes/gsp and no protection on Silvia/arlovski 1& 2. If anything dana gets the best fighters in the ufc to beat or test their champs.... Silva,crocop,sherk,rampage,roycegracie,horn,penn etc...

Posted by Macho_Matt

How many times has Wandy defended his belt in the belt? Correct me if I am wrong, but every time the champ in the UFC fought last year, the belt was on the line. Can you say that about Pride? NO! The UFC doesn't protect their Champs, they do, however, protect younger fighters trying to build them up. I guess Dana protected Franklin with Silva and Loiseau. Protected Hughes with fights against GSP and Penn. Protected Liddell with Couture, Sobral, and Ortiz. Protected Sylvia with Monson, and AA twice. Some of these guys might not be top 5 fighters worldwide, but they were top contenders.

I would be interested to know how many times the Pride Champions have defended their belts in the last two years. I realize you can't put your belt on the line when fighting up, but if you are fighting someone at your weight class, the belt should be up for grabs.

My point in this whole topic is that diaz was robbed of the belt. Dana doesnt protect fighters, most of the time he tests them against top quality. The belt was always on the line because it was a title fight. Diaz may have gone to a new orginisation, but he was in the top 3 status for a ufc title shot, therefor he should fight gomi for the belt. Maybe not his first fight, thats why he should of had a different opponant first. Because pride under estimated diaz to win, They will want gomi to gain confidence before diaz gets a crack for the belt. Robbed in the ufc because of all TUF stars bypassing his ranking, robbed in pride for beating their best and going home without the belt !!!!!!!!!

Last edited 2/26/07 3:06PM server time by keith-hackney1
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #24   2/26/07 2:55:11PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Kazmierz21

Wiegh-in's are 3 days before that fight. I bet Diaz was closer to 170 than 160 going into that fight.

weigh-in took place 24 hours before the fight(same as every other event both in MMA and Boxing)

Post #25   2/26/07 5:44:58PM   

jdubs

In Full Mount

jdubs Avatar

Career:95-45
Chips:
to much reach with diaz, for gomi i would love to see him go up a weight class and beat trigg

Post #26   2/26/07 11:35:31PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2