Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Cale Yarbrough vs Patrick Schultz

Print  
Was that striking terrible?
Yes 28 85%
no 5 15%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
Schultz wasnt a good enough to kickboxer to go to K1 or WCL so he decided to try his striking against MMA fighters and their rediculous ground stuff....

well if i ever make a crossover to MMA i know who i want my first fight to be against......im gunning for schult......

cale wasnt too far behind but at least he had the ability to take the guy down.

Post #16   5/18/08 8:53:25PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Schultz's striking was God awful. You must have missed the posts I made in other threads doing my Patrick Schultz impression-

"2..2...2..2...2...2...2....2...2..."

All that being said Cale's striking defense and footwork was awful. He looked like he had some crisp combinations with the hands in close, though. I saw him throw a couple jab hook combos that were sharp, but he couldn't get in Schultz's range to throw them. That basically tells me he has put in a lot of hand work on the focus mitts, a lot of heavy bag work, but not too much actual sparring work. Big thumbs down for that

The fact that he couldn't capitalize on that overextended, overloaded, and just plain god awful right hand speaks volume for his overall game. I was dying laughing watching that pathetic display. I think they put stuff like that on just so the average joe thinks he could stand a chance in there.

Post #17   5/18/08 9:07:14PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
Lets be fair, the average joe probably could have had those two guys. Even a decent lightweight Thai boxer would demolish them, shame there are practically none in MMA.

Post #18   5/19/08 6:27:13AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2